Advise needed, please : Top-heavy rackets !

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Smashit!, Sep 1, 2014.

1. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

You're talking about high-end rackets and play with plastics?
    That's like buying a Ferrari when only driving it at the supermarkets parking space at 8km/h.

Badminton as a sport is played with feathers. Unless you change to playing badminton (=feathers!!), I wouldn't buy a good racket. The plastics kill any kind of feeling and fun anyway... It's absolutely useless to play a top-racket with plastics!

2. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Hey, I don't care about it !

With all due respect : That sounds a little bit snobby to me - so hold on your view, I hold on mine ... ! :rolleyes:

If it would have been the "Ferrari", I'd bought that one ! :mad:

It's the racket that fits me best - so what ?!? :confused:

Joachim.

3. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

It ain't snobby! Quite the opposite! I give you the advice to buy a cheaper racket. With plastics, the feeling of the racket is spoiled anyway, so no need to spend that much money.

4. debeerjp

debeerjp Regular Member

Quality Manager
    I agree Joachim. Buy the best racket you can that suits you the best. I changed to a high end racket and enjoy my games more with either plastics or feather.

Have you looked at Li-Ning N55 or N55-II? Both balanced (295mm), medium flex.

5. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Nope. I heard some rumors about "bad finish quality", so I stuck with Yonex ... !

I just ordered the NR 300 and asked for the NR 700 RP for testing, if available.

Joachim.

6. debeerjp

debeerjp Regular Member

Quality Manager
    I've imported quite a few Li-Ning rackets and the paint and build quality has been excellent so far.

Yonex have great rackets, so you shouldn't go wrong.

7. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

I still enjoy games a lot with plastics :D
    It adds variation to the ever-present feather. Enjoy your nanoray! I'm glad you could test rackets so you could see what you actually wanted. It's VERY important to test rackets before buying.

8. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Me 2 ! ;-)

I really was quite surprised to realize that not even one single description matched my own impressions.

So my conclusion is that in fact you cannot rely nor on the manufacturers neither your friends or trainers recommendations without playing and and testing a racket yourself, because your own impression might be totaly different !

Joachim.

9. rommel6774

rommel6774 Regular Member

accountant
    you have to choose your own magic wand and enjoy the game whether you use a feather or plastic birdies... go have fun.... :)

10. Smashit!

Smashit! Regular Member

Addendum :

In the meantime I had the possibility to test the Victor Thruster K 7000 S as well.

My conclusion : The Victor fulfills the high expectations raised by the dealers praise in advance : Ultra-light, very fast, lots of power - for a(n) (more) experienced player it might be a real jack of all trades device !

Just for me the Victor was - meanwhile spoiled by the NR 300 - nevertheless slightly to slow : Maybe that's the consequence of its marginally head-heavy layout.

In short : A realy stunning racket, maybe I'll get back to it (or to one of its successors) one day !

Till then I'll stick with the NR 300 !

Joachim.

11. Shenvi

Shenvi Regular Member

Badminton animal
    Excuse me for being in a city that feather birds are nowhere to be found in drop in court (playing 6 days a week and only one day with feather birds) XD
    IMO, cars are not something you can compare to rackets, unless you are a serious racer lol.
    Price wise, it's his budget to buy whatsoever he want :D

12. pchospital

pchospital Regular Member

PC servcing and DIY PC
    There is no doubts that Yonex is good but nowadays it all depends on "luck" for "branded" racket.

Those Apacs rackets which can string up 35lbs are in general durable and we so far have yet to come across the racket's frame break by itself even if we didn't use while just leaving it in our home but certain branded rackets do :)

Thread here is about racket and not shuttlecocks.