Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. sonnymak

sonnymak Regular Member

Lets just hope they can entertain us with their creative playing instead of expecting to win anything. KKK is unfit but like the commentators said the WC would be a lot less entertaining without him. A french fan even call them le mythique paire de Koo/Tan on youtube. If they can play to SF I am happylah.

2. faaiz

faaiz Regular Member

assistant manager
    Kkk and tbh will win if they play with no pressure and fun..

3. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    So they are out.. This thread going to stay stagnant again very soon.

4. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

let have a farewell party for them...woohoo

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    the show is over, the fat lady has sung... i will miss koo style on court, has been supporting him during ups and downs

6. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

Hahahaha not the only one.
    I really admire his style of player and his creativity on court which I seem to lack :(

7. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

KKK definitely has the wow factor on court (sometimes more sighs than wows though). Hopefully TBH will be paired up with a decent player to form a permanent formidable pair now.

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

because of KKK, there are Lee Yong Dae, Yoo Yeon Seong, Xu Chen, Fisher Nielson, Hendra Setiawan, Cai Yun, etc... as they can dive to retrieve the ball, trick shots a lot...

9. SibugiChai

YAB
    KKK was good to watch but i believe its not easy to partner because he get his partner frustrated.

has seen many times, TBH refuse to smash because KKK keep playing funny.

however, in wc2014, TBH play out his all... i guess for the last time, the partnership that took them to great height.

if not for KKK, maybe still looking for a good partner, same to KKK...

some malaysian keep critizing them, but now u see without them, malaysia MD cannot even reach Semis.

10. shosasakigamba

shosasakigamba Regular Member

Buyer
    Happy retirement to KKK, you brought us many great moments and the WC was a fitting send-off.
    Fingers crossed for a Victor ''Koo Kean Keat'' racket in the near future.

11. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I always wanted to see KKK partner up with GVS. Hats off to this partnership... still no.1 in MAS

12. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Its been a long time...

Boon Heong-Kien Keat back for one final hurrah

by rajes paul

Filepic of former national doubles pair Koo Kien Keat (left) and Tan Boon Heong at the World Championships in China in 2013.

Filepic of former national doubles pair Koo Kien Keat (left) and Tan Boon Heong at the World Championships in China in 2013.

KUALA LUMPUR: They just can’t stay apart, can they?

Former national doubles pair Tan Boon Heong-Koo Kien Keat are back together – for another shot at badminton glory.

The 27-year-old Boon Heong announced on Friday that he would resume his partnership with Kien Keat, with their first tournament being the Australian Open Superseries from May 26-31.

Boon Heong quit the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) this year while Kien Keat left last year to join Thai-based professional club Granular as player-cum-coach. But the move did not work out.

The duo had played together for seven-and-a-half years and did well to win several titles – including the 2006 Asian Games gold medal and the 2007 Malaysian Open.

They also came close to winning a world title before losing in the final to Cai Yun-Fu Haifeng at the 2010 World Championships in Paris.

They came under fire after failing to win any medals at the 2012 London Olympic Games, with many claiming that their game had stagnated and that they had nothing more to offer as a pair.

But this latest piece of news could not have come at a better time – just when Malaysia’s men’s doubles shuttlers are struggling to make an impact on the world scene.

Although aware that they could still qualify for the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, Boon Heong prefers to play down expectations, saying he’d rather take it slow and steady with Kien Keat.

“We have not played for a while and it will take time to get re-adjusted. We’ll take it slow and see how far we can go,” said Boon Heong.

“We’re not attached with any particular club right now. We are just two passionate shuttlers wanting to play on as professionals.”

On Malaysia’s poor performance at the ongong home tournament, Boon Heong said: “It’s sad to see that we do not have representatives in both the men’s singles and doubles events.

“Maybe, our players are unable to handle the pressure playing at home ... but most of them are still young.”

http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2015/04/03/Boon-HeongKien-Keat-back-for-one-final-hurrah/

13. nthanhhai

nthanhhai Regular Member

Glad to see them back again.

14. Edmund96

Edmund96 Regular Member

-
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Good to hear, but how serious KKK is about this will be inversely related to his body weight. ;)

16. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student
    Nice, great to have them back.

What is even more sad is that TBH is such a good player and he really showed improvement in the mid and frontcourt, I have to remember the great Thomas Cup for MAS.
    It will be fun to watch, but I don´t see KKK getting back to worldclass.
    But well, I hope he proves as wrong and they go all out on last time. Good idea to lower the expactations, especially if they are really serious about getting to full fitness (KKK :p ). But at the same time it could end like in the last WC they played. Just for fun... and even back then KKK showed his talent.
    They were the first MD I admired with TBH firing from the back and KKK doing the crazy stuff :D

17. elpeeo

elpeeo Regular Member

18. SibugiChai

YAB
    they will win OG2016

19. blabl

blabl Regular Member

Glad to see both koo kien keat / tan boon heong play together again. I still remembered tan boon heong as the badminton legend who break the world record for the fastest smash. I also sincerely hope that both of them can achieve greater heights. Yes it cannot be denied that tan boon heong is a good player but sad to say there is not really a good partner that can compliment him. Well hope these partnership will work wonders again this time around.

20. R20190

R20190 Regular Member

Chartered Civil Engineer
    It's always nice to see people come out of retirement, especially those who were exceptional talents in their prime. But I really can't see KKK ever getting back to the form he once had, given his performance before retiring. He relied a lot on his experience, reading of the game and probably to a large extent, TBH's smash and ability.

I wish them luck, but would be surprised if this pair can get into SF stage of any big tournament given the abundance of strong talented competitors these days.