Victor New Thruster... TK9000

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by cedricjy, Nov 13, 2013.

1. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

How much did you buy your TK9000 for in $US? Please indicate if included shipping/stringing. Just curious, thanks.

2. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I didn't buy mine;).

3. visor

visor Regular Member

i just wanna remind everyone that victor europe has caused trouble for eric in the past by asking customs to confiscate rackets several times... so please don't go posting prices in public unless you want to cause europe to be a no sell zone for eric...

4. amleto

amleto Regular Member

[MENTION=57143]visor[/MENTION] - Do you think if you are a private company you can ask government organisation to confiscate other businesses' goods because they have a business contract together?

wow, it's like DMCA at the borders.

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Not wishing to stir up any bad will here but there is such a thing as agreements between Victor Asia and Victor Europe. Re-sellers purchasing from Victor Asia are breaking their trading agreements by supplying players from outside their region.

Second, there is unfair competition. I have a lot of time for Eric and the fantastic work he does to help badminton players get their dream racket. However, the prices he purchases his Victor rackets are considerably better than Victor Europe taking into consideration transport costs, warehousing costs, staff costs and onward distribution to European retailers.

If it was your business then you would wish to protect your earnings from foreign competition and that is exactly what Victor Europe is doing.

There's one final point. I think we would all do the same so let's not get too carried away with responses on this topic. These are hard business facts and unfortunately players in Europe cannot purchase goods at the same prices as those in Asia. I wish we could. This forces many to look for cheaper options and I don't blame anyone for that. Or players seek goods not supplied by the European distributor. No harm in that either.

So, before somebody decides to try and shoot the messenger, let's remember that I am only stating the facts and not my personal opinion about whether it is good or bad.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    you get your TK9k for less than US$170 including shipping from Eric???????????? Mine is more than that.

7. blableblibloblu

blableblibloblu Regular Member

student
    ^you guys are gonna kill this

8. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Has anyone tried 4u n 3u? Any diff in terms of feel n play?

9. colingsk

colingsk Regular Member

Director, Strategy & Operations
    Hi Teddy

I have TK9000 both 3U and 4U in G5. Both strung at 30lbs (BG66) and wrapped with overgrip. Both rackets bought from authorized distributor in Malaysia ie Far East so I know they are not fakes. Please do not ask me their dry weight as I don't know.

Prior to buying I have been quietly following this discussion here as well as the one in Paul's own forum.

My preference would be the 3U version. I play only mens doubles and mx doubles. I don't find 3U heavy. These 2 TK9000 are my first Victor rackets and have been playing with them the last 1 month, 3 times a week. Prior before this I'm a Yonex lover and I'm still having my AT900, Voltric 80 both 3U. Both Victor and Yonex make good rackers ie the higher end models.

The 4U is OK and shines mostly in the defence department as compared to 3U. Of course the 3U shines in the smashes. If you have a strong arm and good techniques go for the 3U else go for 4U. Please don't flame me as this are only my personal opinion.

My background: I'm 49 years, ex-state player (30 years ago, lol). Still active in veteran level leagues.

Cheers, Colin

10. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Concur with my thoughts, tks!

11. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    Thanks for the update. I tested a 3U recently, one of the Transformer rackets in a 3U and it was really good. Not a great difference but enough. For some reason TK9000 plays really fast compared to TK8000. Maybe it's the stiffness that gives it speed.

Sadly, in Europe we only have 4U version and I can live with that.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

12. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    Definitely. The 8000's shaft is just far too soft to support the slower box frame.

13. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>

Paul
    Would u mind elaborating further the diff between the Transformer: Optimus Prime (blue/red) racket n the TK-9ooo in terms of feel n play. Tks!

14. xiaoqiao

xiaoqiao Regular Member

Eh, I disagree. 4U has sufficient power if you hit the sweet spot if you're playing doubles although it does seem a little weaker than 3U. The 4U (mine is 81) can handle drive-heavy double games while I struggle a little with the 3U (88g).

Perhaps your age means the players you are facing are also of a slower pace and hence you don't need the extra swing speed. If you were 30 years younger, do you think you'd prefer the 4U version instead?

On another note, I am biased towards speedy rackets so I also disagree with the 4.5/5 rating Paul gave the TK8000. I felt like the racket did well on most categories, but the speed itself is a big enough reason by itself to send the overall rating much lower.

15. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Overall, u guys have valid points based on preference n experience.

Own TK-9ooo in 4u, dry weight: 82.4g. Also TK-6ooo in 4u, dry weight: 85.4g. Both have the same setup, i.e. string, tension n overgrip. But found my TK-9ooo to b more taxing than the 6ooo due to the stiffer shaft. Nevertheless, the 9ooo is fast n packs a wallop.

#655 TeddyC, Sep 14, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
  16. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

I've got a 85g TK9000 which plays quite nicely - have to adjust my game a little though, as it swings faster than my recent and current rackets (VT80, Z-force I, Z-Force II). I'd say it swings faster than my 3U MX80 somehow too. Power department is very good too, with some adjustments in swing timing (again, swings faster than I'm used to).

I think I still prefer the 3U Z-Force II overall though, but TK9000 is a good alternative to change things up.

17. amleto

amleto Regular Member

Had a couple land on my doorstep recently. Approx dry specs: 85g (37.5g head weight). Strung it up 24x26 zm65. Had an issue with a shared grommet being pulled out during stringing (last or second last main). Didn't notice til I was on the crosses... Was a bit awkward but managed to push it back in without having to cut, thankfully!

18. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Was that classified as a 3U or 4U?

19. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Knowing Victor, it could go either way...
    ( ^.^)

20. amleto

amleto Regular Member

sorry, it was 85g+ with the plastic wrap on. Dry weight is 83.8g