Wang Yihan ( 王仪涵 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by suetyan, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
    Are you serious?!!

2. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

I think it might be better for her to take a break from competitions like what CBA did to Wang Shixian and focus on improving her games.

3. mrinalini

mrinalini Regular Member

Student
    With all this prattling going on, one would think we've had a resurgence of WYH circa 2010. Instead, she's now number three in the world and has won a number of huge titles this year - she suffers an early loss at this JO and we're talking about shoving her out of The A-Team. Sheesh! What does she have to do to satisfy you guys? Levitate over hot coals on the road all the way to Rio?!

With that being said, she's likely looking at an early exit next week at the IO as well. I've come to realize WYH does very badly when she's forced to playing defensively most of the time, and Sindhu with her thoroughly third-rate style of doing nothing but smash, smash, smash will be making WYH do just that.

4. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
    I don't know what's happen to her. Lost a match is fine and I think she will prepare herself for Sindhu. Hope she is not injured. If her mental and physical is fine, there is noting to worried about WYH. Always cheer up for her :)

5. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Chill, I don't think she needs to be out A-team, but needs a break to prevent burnout. In the meantime, use the breaks to improve and emerge a stronger and better player, just like Wang Shixian.

Her legs are taped quite heavily, I think it's also wise to take a break, have lighter trainings and strengthen her legs muscles.

It will be better for her long term wise if she wants to perform her best and go to Rio.

6. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
  7. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    anybody here know who is her boyfriend? :D

8. azrenth

azrenth Regular Member

student
    amazing she win that match... *heart_spot

9. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

SN's opinion towards WYH: "Saina says her none-too-impressive record against Wang Yihan — the Indian has lost eight out of nine outings against the Chinese — is because of the latter's deceptive game. "If you look at the records, no player has beaten Wang consistently. Her game is very difficult to read. She's sharp, catches the shuttle very high...and then during rallies, she'll play a shot which will really irritate you. You lose focus and she will demolish you. Wang's game is a mixture of singles and doubles if I can call it that," says Saina. - See more at: http://www.hindustantimes.com/sport...al/article1-1222676.aspx#sthash.fNfV7z0Y.dpuf

10. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

Wang Yihan's games strategies are actually quite plain as compared to others, but her choice of shots also mean it's not easy to play against her as well.

From a spectator's point of view. I would dread playing against her as well (well, if I get the chance :p).

11. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
    Wang Yihan on her Facebook - Recently I played very bad, I could not move the active and allow my opponent to control the game. I'll do better in the next game. Thank you for your support. I love you ^ · ^
    (Translated by Bing)

12. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

Wang Yihan is possibly the best WS mover when she isn't injured. I like to think that she is one of the only people who can push LXR, which is lethal because then LXR can't deliver her punishing attacks. I agree with alien9113 because a break could let her optimize her movement.

13. nitabluez

nitabluez Regular Member

Worker
    She has Facebook account? :eek:

14. alien9113

alien9113 Regular Member

China blocks Facebook. It's unlikely she has an account on Facebook. More likely, it's a fan created page.

15. Mr. Epic

Mr. Epic Regular Member

Student
  16. PinkDawg

PinkDawg Regular Member

My favorite player has been ousted again... I wish there were a video WYH vs Carolina Marin :crying:

17. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
    She is my fav too. I am so sad. You don't have to watch the match, it is like painful to watch. She was not in a mood to play at all, not like herself on court.

18. bdfreak87

bdfreak87 Regular Member

Sad to see WYH losing in round 16 again :(

19. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yes, Wang Yihan was simply unrecognisable in that match with Marin. As reported here http://sports.qq.com/a/20140829/007193.htm, she explained (excuse or not, up to you to interpret) that partly she was beset by injuries which disrupted and affected her during the training period before the WC.

But, largely, she blamed herself for the dismal performance, saying she was unable to get her game going, just couldn't string her shots together, and committed too many errors when attacking; furthermore, her movement was sluggish which hampered her overall game. That, in addition to her opponent getting buoyed up and playing with greater intensity to secure an unassailable lead, finally broke her down.

Personally, my concern is that wasn't the first time she suffered such a collapse, a sort of brain fade (i.e. lapse of concentration leading to disaster, a term which comes from auto racing). Remember those recent one to years unexpected defeats to Nichaon Jindapon, Sayaka Takahashi, Yao Xue, Shizuka Uchida, Yip Pui Yin, Lindaweni Fanetri, etc, some of them early exits. In fact, her form after the LOG'12 has taken a significant dip from which she never recovered. Perhaps her losing the Olympic gold to Li Xuerui has something to do with it.

Nevertheless, as somebody encouragingly said, WYH admires her mentor Zhang Ning who was a late bloomer, playing her best badminton in her later years, after age 26 or so, and winning two Olympic golds, the second of which at age 32. So let's hope she can take inspiration from Zhang Ning, emulate her and continue to strive on to greater heights going forward. Wish her every success. JiaYou !

20. Zomania

Zomania Regular Member

Student
    Yes, JiaYou!! I like her style of playing, so she is my fav. I think it is normal, everybody has a bad day. Hope she will recover from it soon.