Want to get into Commentating: Advice Requested

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by exalted, Jul 17, 2014.

1. exalted

exalted Regular Member

Marketing
    As we all know, there's a lot of Gillian Clark in badminton matches. I would like to try my hand at commentating, but there is one obstacle: find matches with raw audio (only the sound of the players). Therefore, I have two requests:

1. Where can I find high-stakes matches with raw audio (e.g. All England Semifinal+, Olympics, etc.)?

2. Are there any matches with raw audio that you would like commentated currently available? Let's stick to professional level matches for now.

Also, I would appreciate advice on the process. I imagine I would download the video in as high quality as possible from YouTube, then use something like XSplit to add my voice to the video, then reupload. If that doesn't sound right, please correct me.

Looking forward to sharing this with you all -- I promise you'll find it entertaining!

2. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    very interesting.

i don't know about raw video files, but there are tools out there that filters out human sound. they used to be used for karaoke applications. that might work for you. google for "karaoke vocal removal"

look forward to seeing the results.

3. visor

visor Regular Member

I'd think that the commentator voice is in mono whereas everything else is in stereo, so just remove the mono sound, like the karaoke tool that kwun mentioned.

4. visor

visor Regular Member