Comments and Experience with Grade A Rackets

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by thisis, Apr 20, 2014.

1. chongkiatz

chongkiatz Regular Member

Look at Apacs Tantrum 200 , it's a Even balance and very very nice racket

2. thisis

thisis Regular Member

Sounds good with the reviews!Is it a very old racket? If there is a website with timeline of all the Apacs rackets, please share....So that I can do some research myself.

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    yup, tantrum 200 is their own line of racket which is really good. but I don't think it is on production anymore and the replacement of it is tantrum 300 (which is not as good as tantrum 200)

4. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    try sportshorizon.com if you are looking for apacs racket. the tweet series is really good.

5. thisis

thisis Regular Member

6. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    not sure why my posts becomes like this??..... Yonex matrix is useless for most of the part..... what is control and power?? control or power usually determine by head heaviness of the racket, but here, really, nanoray is more powerful than Voltric series? nanoray series is more powerful and harder to control than arcsaber series? that is some big lie there.......... we usually use their raw data such as the balance point, the flex, and the weight. for now, you can see the website already help you with it which one is head heavy, head light, and even balance....... head heavy means more power but harder to swing around. head light is easier to swing around but it is harder to generate power from the racket (good for doubles if you prefer fast or defensive play). even balance is an all around type...... for the flex, I recommend either stiff or medium....... here are some rackets that I recommend:Tantrum 200 (they have it lol..) http://www.sportshorizon.com/products/901003-100082/Apacs-Tantrum-200....... Tantrum 500 (some people said there is some issue with quality of it, but it looks gorgeous as hell) http://www.sportshorizon.com/products/901003-100241/Apacs-Tantrum-500 ........... Lethal 9: http://www.sportshorizon.com/products/901003-100083/Apacs-Lethal-9........ lastly, visible hollow 2000 http://www.sportshorizon.com/products/901003-100089/Apacs-Visible-2000

#26 Avenger, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  7. thisis

thisis Regular Member

How do you choose:1. Flex2. Balance Point3. Weight (is this under head heavy/light?)

8. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    rule of thumb: flex: medium or stiff are good choices (for beginner I suggest go for medium). for balance point: head heavy = good attacking but lack in speed .... head light = easier to move around, generally "better control", fast defensive play (good doubles since doubles is very fast paced) ..... even balance = all around .... how to choose: see if you like to smash. if yes, then try head heavy type. if you are not sure, go for even balance racket........... for weight, there is nothing much, it is about the weight of the racket. usually 3U (85 grams - 90 grams) or 4U (80 grams - 85 grams). usually rackets have 3U spec but right now, many also has 4U variant (lighter, faster but lack of solidness in shot and smash). I think apacs only has 3U, so it doesn't really matter

9. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    if you want to read more about shaft flexibility: the flex means the flexibility of the shaft. it means how many power / motion you need to make the shaft bend. for flexible shaft, it is very easy to generate power with less power and large big swing (good for beginner). for stiff shaft, it is harder to generate power (needs more power to bend the shaft) and suitable for smaller and explosive swing (when people gets better in badminton, usually they use smaller explosive swing, so it is better for intermediate / advance player) ........ now you will gonna ask, why do I want a stiffer racket if it is gonna make me hard to generate power? it is because, of "the recovery time". flexible shaft will flex easily, but it takes longer to recover to the normal shape (ever seen pro players bend the hell out of their racket?). now, why do we need recovery time? because you want your racket back in shape as fast as possible since you want to take the next shot (very vital esp in defending smashes). a racket that is still bending is not stable, and will gonna make your return inconsistent ..... how do I know if a flex will suit me? beginner usually go for flexible or medium shaft, but IMO it won't be long before they need medium or stiff racket since the more they play, usually their movement will become better, less useless movement, and will gonna use their wrist to hit "small explosive" shot ..... I don't think I need to explain more about balance point and weight since I already explain it above. *sorry for the post, I cannot post it normally since the format disregard "enter" from my keyboard

#29 Avenger, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  10. thisis

thisis Regular Member

OMG. Thanks alot. That explains a lot. I really appreciate it Avenger.I guess all I have to do now is read more about techniques to improve my skills. PS. My backhand is terrible :(

11. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    So why do some pros use flexible rated racquets sometimes?

12. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I am not sure why they use flexible racket. most likely because of different play style?you can see the explanation here: http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/40187-Shaft-stiffness-flexibility-explained ..... or because of bad days? I have MX80 (one of the stiffest racket around) on good days, I can utilize the stiffness, but on my bad days (tired and all) I prefer to use less stiff racket so I can access more power.

13. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Thanks avenger :), my cousin recently gave me an fake z slash, the COLOR scheme is way off although I do like the yellow more then the original, it is a tad more head heavy and a bit more flexible. I can't wait to try a fake out aha Sunday and I'll let you guys know what happens :3

14. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Who thinks the frame would break if I string it with BG 80 25 lbs :0

15. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398564650.971217.jpg
    The first two are original and authentic z slashes, the third one is the replica. The COLOR schemes are really off , head shape seems to be the same

16. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    ohh...why cant I see the image

17. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    you can try, you don't lose anything anyway. my friend re-strung his fake NS9900 @26lbs and the head is distorted a little bit

18. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Sorry shinichi it's been being like this for a bit.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398625887.025916.jpg [​IMG]

19. p2user

p2user Regular Member

Are those three rackets meant to be fake z-slash? If so then the color looks well off from the original.

20. V1lau

V1lau Regular Member

Net Play and Counter Attack
    My personal experience with Fake rackets has been positive. I went from MP99 to ArcSaber DX8 to "FAKE Voltric 80" and haven't experienced any decline in my weekly play. Initially I had timing issues and kept hitting the bird flat, but that cleared up after a few weeks of play. I still beat all the players I used to beat when I used real rackets. For me personally, I feel strings impact performance more than the difference between real and fake rackets. The one major bonus is that I can usually buy 4 of these FAKE Voltric 80s for $120 and the sting of breaking a racket isn't so bitter.