Lin Dan ( 林丹 )

Discussion in 'China Professional Players' started by seawell, Oct 29, 2004.

1. volcom

volcom Regular Member

The same SWH who lost so tamely to Tian Houwei at Swiss Open.
    from 19-13 up to lose 21-19 lol

2. Deity

Deity Regular Member

^ he also beat LCW one set with ease so that doesnt really prove much

3. henrychenn

henrychenn Regular Member

Student
    But then LCW beat him in the next 2 sets!

4. Deity

Deity Regular Member

I know. I'm just saying what SWH can do. He will definitely be an obstacle for LD. Maybe not haha b

5. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Despite Lin Dan's triumph at the CHN Masters GPG last week, Li Yongbo said he still wants to see Lin Dan's performance at the ongoing BAC before deciding whether to field him as CHN MS3 for the upcoming Thomas Cup.

6. FlyingDutch

FlyingDutch Regular Member

Student
    Lin Dan is trough to the Quarter Finals, destroying Vietnams Pham Cao Cuong 21-13, 21-4. I'd say it's gonna be very hard to beat this Lin Dan.And by the way, japan warrior Sho Sasaki defeated Son Wan Ho 21-18 21-13, so according to the other posts, no problem for Lin Dan left :D

7. FeatherBlaster

FeatherBlaster Regular Member

>> ... Li Yongbo said he still wants to see Lin Dan's performance at the ongoing BAC before
    >> deciding whether to field him as CHN MS3 for the upcoming Thomas Cup.

Well, I think he's seen enough now. With all the seeded players out, there's really nothing left in this tournament to guage LD by, except his stamina playing 12 games in 14 days... By winning the first two rounds almost effortless, LD has proven that he could continue his streak even with the very limited tournament experience he has for the last couple of years.

His relatively easy victory over Zhengming Wang last week, must be the highlight by which LYB should judge him - that was a direct head-to-head confrontation with a CHN top-3 player.

Again I'm really surprised by the lack of quality players in Asia Championships. Looking at the BWF world rankings, none of the top-7 players were entered (Jan Ø is excused, he's playing European championships!). Apparently the tournament isn't in high esteem among the players, or it's placed awkward in the calendar, I don't know? European championships doesn't seem to suffer as much.

I suppose that winning Asian Games later this year, and being prepared for the WC also, is of higher importance to the top players (who could then participate in the early super series tournaments, to take a bit of a break, and build up again). I guess you can't top all year, you have to pick your spots!

8. LD rules!

LD rules! Regular Member

It's obvious why BAC suffers in comparison to the Euros. The top players are all asian, regularly playing and winning in SS and PSS tournaments. BAC only has the points of a GPG event, therefore for many, it isn't as worthy or valued. Plus, there's a back to back SS/PSS/SS triple coming up in Asia in the next 6 weeks.

The European players by contrast, aren't as highly ranked, so the idea of "easy" GPG level points is very enticing (even if you do have to travel to Kazan to get them)

I think also there's more special for Europeans's to be European champion, especially as it's only once every two years, whereas BAC is every year. :)

9. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Sounds plausible. But to add on, the BAC is undergoing rebranding and upgrading to raise its prestige, with increased prize money set to grow to between USD350K to USD500K from 2015 onward, and it has become compulsory participation for the top 32 Asian players/pairs based on BWF world rankings with absentees subject to a penalty of USD2K each player/pair.

The non-attendance of several top players/pairs this edition is largely attributable to an unusually crowded, improperly planned tournament schedule this year, what with the Thomas and Uber Cups next month, the World Championships in August, the multi-sport Asian Games in September, not to mention the Commonwealth Games in July, triple SS/SSP events in June,(the WJC this month, the Youth Olympics in Aug, if I may include them, as well as the specific requirements of individual nations as regards their national championships, domestic/professional leagues),etc.

10. lk2009

lk2009 Regular Member

Communication
    Lin Dan is definitely back ;) Does everyone has some pics or slideshows of Super Dan at this BAC 2014 please ?

11. kbase

kbase Regular Member

Lindan to be fielded as the 3rd Men Singles Player for Thomas cup : Sponsor Li-NingSource - Times of India

12. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    When ZJH was the 3rd single in TC 1990, he dominated and a lot of people say he was the best 3rd single ever. Now let's see who is the best 3rd single ever.

13. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Mens Singles Semi Final Result.:Lin dan beat Liu Kai : 21-13 , 21-14

14. x_marx_dspot

x_marx_dspot Regular Member

15. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    Bro : The link you show us is a Li ning shoe , not a Adidas quickforce 7. Are you showing us the wrong Link ?

16. x_marx_dspot

well, the site says it's a Take down version of what Lin Dan wore in the recent China Masters, not really quite sure if it's Adidas or still Li-Ning he is using. :)

17. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    In the forum , people are already 9/10 sure its Adidas, and you put Li ning , u confirm Lin dan wear Li ning ?

18. x_marx_dspot

Well, I don't confirm that LD still wearing Li-Ning, but when I was browsing thru the site, this shoe catches the eye as it states LD Bonny China Masters. Just sharing though. :)

19. Ferrerkiko

audit assistant
    That webpage is misleading , and the shoes don't look alike to what Lin dan wearing now , only similar is the color.

20. x_marx_dspot

True enough, it's the same color and with the description, but the site haven't released the item code yet, see the picture of the item number in the site, it's blocked by the logo of the site.