Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    These BAM chaps and coaches for they have no second jobs to go and their current pay is so good, better than professionals working in real jobs...given you and me, of course we will say the same darn thing (do you really expect the chaps to tell the truth that the future is doom and hopeless, and that they have nothing to teach, just yawn and watch LCW play and do all the work for them:p).
    Most importantly is not about improving MAS badminton but to protect iron rice bowls, so cook up lofty goals into 2020 to fool everyone and buy time, they get to extend their career and paycheck till then...these chaps are professional snake oil salesmen and I have to salute them that they are real slick and good doing that, and Khairy really buy that?
    And when 2020 comes, oops, MAS becomes not the top 3 but bottom 3:p...these chaps then say we make a mistake making wrong forecast and hopefully Khairy is no longer sport minister and these chaps can then cook up another thing to extend and buy time from another Datuk type minister.
    Whether these chaps are fired or get to keep their jobs in 2020, these chaps already laugh their way to the bank and the MAS rakyat get screwed royally....hahaha:D

#1981 OneToughBirdie, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  2. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

[h=2]Malaysians crash out of World Junior q-finals[/h]
    ALOR SETAR: All the Malaysian shuttlers ran out of gas at the World Junior Championships – and failed to make it past the quarter-finals.
    Cheam June Wei, who stood the best chance after nicking a game – 21-18 – off joint third seed Zhao Jun Peng, lost steam and fell 12-21, 17-21 in the next two games to go out in 43 minutes.
    “I got tired very quickly after the first game. So I decided to conserve my energy and fight in the third game,” said a clearly exhausted June Wei.
    “But I made too many errors and at 16-all, both my serves went into the net and that gave him a bit more confidence to come back and close the match. I’m disappointed ... but it wasn’t an easy match.”

Malaysia’s R. Satheishtharan also found it tough going against China’s Shi Yuqi, succumbing to the second seed 12-21, 7-21 in 33 minutes.
    Mixed doubles pair Tan Jinn Hwa-Goh Yea Ching’s run in the competition also came to an end as cramps affected Jinn Hwa early in the second game as they fell to Japan’s Yuta Watanabe and Arisa Higashino.
    Yea Ching-Jinn Hwa lost the first game 7-21 but stormed back in the second to lead 20-18. But the Japanese joint ninth seeds fought back to level at 20-20 and the pairs traded point after point before Yea Ching-Jinn Hwa took it 30-28.
    Their efforts were in vain, however, as they lost the third 21-14.
    “I’m disappointed to go out like this. But we tried our best. I know we could have gone even further but today was not our day. I know we can play better, but these things happen,” said Yea Ching after the 55-minute long match.
    “In the second game, I started getting cramps ... I tried to bear the pain and we won 30-28. I was already a spent force. And then, in the third game, we were down 5-0, 6-0. And I just lost it mentally.
    But Yea Ching kept spurring me on. It was tough.
    “I’m disappointed with my mental strength and how I was not prepared for such a tough match. Our strength and speed were no match for Japan today and I think that’s what we need to work on to bridge the gap at this level,” chipped in Jinn Hwa.
    The pair will have to part ways as the 17-year-old Jinn Hwa will still be a junior while Yea Ching, 18, will join the back-up squad.
    “It’s quite sad that our partnership has ended. But it’s okay ... I’ll wait for him,” said Yea Ching.

3. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    Wasn't it Albert Einstein who said:
    "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Perhaps he was referring to the BAM!

4. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

[h=2]Malaysia's lack of depth a glaring problem[/h]
    ALOR SETAR: Malaysia were let down at the World Junior Championships by one thing – a lack of depth.
    Malaysia’s 22 junior shuttlers just have not reached the same level of strength and skill as their peers from China, South Korea, Japan and Indonesia.
    The only ones who looked impressive were boys’ singles player Cheam June Wei (Malaysia’s only seeded player) and mixed doubles pair Tan Jinn Hwa-Goh Yea Ching, who also went on to make the quarter-finals of the individual competition.
    In addition, losing girls’ singles player S. Kisona to a suspected ligament problem during the final-16 stage of the mixed team event made matters worse for Malaysia.

In comparison, China won the mixed team event last week and made four finals in the individual competition – boys’ singles (all-China final), girls’ singles, girls’ doubles and mixed doubles.
    What went wrong for Malaysia was clear from the onset.
    “You can form a team with two or three players, but it won’t be very good. It won’t be a team that strike fear in other countries,” said national junior head coach Zhou Kejian.
    “June Wei, (Lee) Ying Ying and Jinn Hwa and Yea Ching proved they’re fighters with comeback wins. They have the skills and that fighting spirit, which is promising.
    “Also, Kisona could have been a real threat for us. After the Asian Juniors, she built up such a good momentum ... it was just so unlucky for her and us because I think she would have done quite well here.”
    The only solution for Kejian is a much more aggressive approach in nurturing talents.
    China has 22 provinces and if each province can produce just five badminton players a year, that’s a whopping 110 players.
    And as cream does rise to the top, China’s method of mass production only means that while we sit and wait for one bright star to be discovered, they are basically guaranteed of producing at least 10 of the highest calibre.
    The Bukit Jalil Sports School (BJSS) and the Tunku Mahkota Ismail Sports School (SSTMI) in Johor have been at the forefront of talent development.
    There is also SMK Datuk Peter Mojuntin in Sabah and the Malaysia Pahang Sports School in Gambang which concentrates solely on football. Perlis is also set to join the ranks with a sports school of its own.
    But it doesn’t seem to be enough, not for badminton at least.
    “We don’t have a busload of talents coming from BJSS every year. At best, we have maybe 14 to 15 shuttlers in total. That’s just not enough, not when China have probably five to six times that number in a year,” stressed Kejian.
    “There needs to be a big change ... an overhaul because we won’t be able to sustain much longer at this rate. But, it’s beyond my control. Even if they have success at the junior level, what happens when they move on to the back-up squad is not my call.
    “The only consolation is that some of the top juniors from China are 18 now, so the younger ones like June Wei, (Goh) Jin Wei and others have to make full use of their time now and work hard for next year and take advantage of that.”
    Malaysia have not made it to a World Junior final since Zulfadli Zulkiffli and Nelson Heg Wei Keat-Teo Ee Yi emerged champions in the boys’ singles and boys’ doubles respectively in 2011.

5. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Published: Thursday April 17, 2014 MYT 4:05:00 PM
    Updated: Thursday April 17, 2014 MYT 9:56:16 PM

Ramdan, Zulfadli, Sannatasah get Thomas-Uber Cup chance

BY RAJES PAUL

[​IMG]Sannatasah Saniru will get a chance to take part in a selection trial to win a spot in the Uber Cup Finals squad.

KUALA LUMPUR: The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) are once again throwing a lifeline to three former internationals to win places in the squad for the Thomas-Uber Cup Finals from May 18-25 in New Delhi.

Former national champion Misbun Ramdan Misbun, Zulfadli Zulkifli and Sannatasah Saniru have been invited to take part in a second round of selection trials, which will take place on April 28 at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara.

When the BAM conducted their first selection trials last month, Ramdan and Zulfadli could not attend because both were ill.

In their absence, last year’s Malaysian Open Grand Prix Gold runner-up Goh Soon Huat won the trial, which also saw the participation of former internationals Tan Chun Seang and Mohd Arif Abdul Latif.

The win put Soon Huat as the frontrunner for the last spot in the Thomas Cup men’s singles team. The three other slots had been confirmed by world No. 1 Lee Chong Wei, Chong Wei Feng and Liew Daren.

In the men’s doubles, Hoon Thien How-Tan Wee Kiong, Lim Khim Wah-Goh V Shem and Tan Boon Heong have confirmed their places and the coaches will decide soon on the last slot. It comes down to either Ow Yao Han or Chan Peng Soon.

The BAM did not conduct a trial for the women’s singles last month and eventually, four players – Tee Jing Yi, Yang Li Lian, Lim Chiew Sien and Lim Yin Fun - were named in their tentative list.

That decision however, did not go down too well with Sabah Badminton Association (SBA) as they felt the country’s second ranked player Sannatasah, who turned pro last year, deserved a spot.

The SBA sent an official letter, asking BAM to re-consider Sannatasah, and their move has certainly paid dividends.

On Thursday, national singles chief coach Rashid Sidek, who has been put in charge of overseeing the preparations of the Thomas-Uber Cup teams, said that Soon Huat will have to attend the trials again.

“We are aware that Soon Huat has taken part in the first stage but two others could not make it because of medical reasons. In good faith, BAM will be sending out an invitation to Ramdan and Zulfadli to attend the trials again,” said Rashid.

“The trial for the men’s singles will not be done on a round robin format. Ramdan and Zulfadli will have to take on each other first. The winner will then challenge Soon Huat for a spot in the Finals.”

In the women’s singles, Rashid said that only national No. 1 Tee Jing Yi is exempted from the trials. The others – Li Lian, Chiew Sien and Yin Fun will play in a round robin together with Sannatasah.

On the proposed team’s centralised and motivation camp for the Finals, Rashid said: “We still have not decided on a venue for the camp. There was a suggestion to have the camp in Penang but now, we may have to have it elsewhere because of a lack of facilities there.”

BAM have to submit entries by name for the Finals to the Badminton World Federation (BWF) on May 4.

****WHAT IS THIS??? I personally feel for GOH SOON HUAT.... its aint fair!!!****

6. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

should include Soo Teck Zhi, Soong Joo Ven, Tan Kian Meng and Chong Yee Han as well...

7. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
  8. SibugiChai

YAB
    [h=1]Ramdan gets backing[/h]
    By FABIAN PETER | fabian.mark@nst.com.my

0 comments

[h=2]THOMAS CUP: Chong Wei wants Misbun’s son to be in the squad[/h]WORLD No 1 Lee Chong Wei has insisted that Misbun Ramdan Misbun be included in the Thomas Cup squad despite the latter losing in an open trial yesterday.
    Ramdan, 23, a former national champion, was invited by the BA of Malaysia (BAM) to participate in the trial at Juara Stadium, along with former World junior champion Zulfadli Zulkifli.
    Zulfadli, however, failed to show up citing injury, leaving Ramdan to face BAM’s Goh Soon Huat for the fourth singles spot.
    Soon Huat, who had already come out tops in the first trial last month, went on to defeat Ramdan 21-19, 21-15.
    But Chong Wei feels that the inclusion of Ramdan would benefit the national team more in New Delhi next month.
    “As the most senior player in the squad, my suggestion to BAM is to finalise the best squad for the Thomas Cup.
    “I think Ramdan would be a better inclusion, because he has been winning some tournaments (Romanian International Series, Portuguese International Series, Irish Open, Hellas International Series and Slovenia International Series) whereas Soon Huat has just returned from an injury.
    “Soon Huat will still need to play in a couple more tournaments, but I think Ramdan deserves this chance,” said Chong Wei after attending the announcement of the Malaysia Purple League (MPL) event in Petaling Jaya.
    Soon Huat, 24, hopes to be selected for the Thomas Cup even as a reserve, and it would be a bitter blow if Ramdan takes his place at the final hour.
    The confirmed singles so far for the Thomas Cup are Chong Wei, Chong Wei Feng and Liew Daren.
    BAM deputy president Datuk Norza Zakaria said the final decision will be made at their council meeting on Saturday.
    “I am not saying that Goh Soon Huat is not guaranteed of a place, I am saying that nothing has been finalised.
    “The trials will also be based on the reports by the coaches and the National Sports Institute.
    “We need players to be fit mentally and physically as well. BAM will finalise the names for the Thomas Cup on Saturday.”
    [​IMG]Goh Soon Huat (left) and Misbun Ramdan Misbun after their match at Juara Stadium yesterday. Pic by Danial Saad

Read more: Ramdan gets backing - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmin...F2.2525?key=Kuala+Lumpur?page=0#ixzz30LAnMZLn

9. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

^^^
    So... you top the exams, ppl complained.... resit.... and you still top..... but got replaced by someone you defeated.

Congrats Malaysia Badminton. You just make yourselves look like fools in the Thomas Cup. Enjoy the crushing you will be suffering next month.

10. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I have to sides with dato on this one. Ramdan has brought Malaysia's name internationally and even won most of it. As a reserve i think ramdan deserves it.

11. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

I hv no idea why admin delete our post. But mine did not support the idea of racism.

If the idea is political, i strongly agree. :D. Mybe what they want is Misbun to be on board with BAM. Lol...

12. SibugiChai

YAB
    malaysia boleh !!!

i tink BAM will include 5 single & 5 doubles players to accommodate GOH & RAMDAN

13. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Balderdash.

LCW is playing politics. He should not be involved in the selection.
    If you say he is the captain and has a right, might as well ask him to pick all the remaining members.
    No need for selection.

14. SibugiChai

YAB
    “I think Ramdan would be a better inclusion, because he has been winning some tournaments (Romanian International Series, Portuguese International Series, Irish Open, Hellas International Series and Slovenia International Series) whereas Soon Huat has just returned from an injury

the 5 countries are no doubt powerhouse in football but badminton, i think 99% of their population do not know what is it

15. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    I think i quite agreed with Dato' also ...... Misbun Ramdan is more experience player than GSH .....

Misbun lost to GSH? it doesn't mean anything .... few years back, Hafiz Hashim won against DLCW during the simulator match before the Thomas Cup .... Is it mean anything?

16. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    Dear forum members

A very gentle reminder that there some topics that are not welcomed and are better suited for forums other than Badminton Central/Forum.

1. Politics
    2. Racial discrimination
    3. Anything deemed to be rude, offensive, inflammatory, trolling

This has been a long term policy.

Thanks for your attention

17. SibugiChai

YAB
    some of you might not get the whole picture, BAM organize this trial so that the winner will be given the 4th single slots same like Jamaica athelic trial before olympics, if usain bolt lost in the trial, he will not be going to the olympic regardless he is world record holder and defending champion. atheletes take this trial as seriously as the olympics.

before this trial, GOH head to head with Ramdan is 2-1, the only time GOH lost to Ramdan was when he just came back from brain surgery.

GOH won the 1st trial without Ramdan because Ramdan was not fit to play with doctor certificate!!!

Most if not all profesional atheletes can get a valid doctor certificate anytime, these players train so hard, they always carry some form of injury.

The fact that GOH, won this twice, for the sack of justice, GOH must be included.

if BAM choose Ramdan over GOH, nobody will take BAM's trial seriously in the future

18. SibugiChai

YAB
    [h=1]Rashid believes in Soon Huat[/h]

0 comments

[h=2]NATIONAL men’s singles coach Rashid Sidek wants Goh Soon Huat to be in the team for the Thomas Cup Finals in New Delhi on May 18-25.[/h]On Tuesday, World No 1 Lee Chong Wei insisted that Rashid’s nephew, Misbun Ramdan Misbun, be selected instead of Soon Huat.
    Ramdan, 23, who left the BA of Malaysia (BAM) last year, was invited by the national body to participate in their second trial at Juara Stadium which started on Monday, after he failed to attend the first one in March.
    The former national champion, however, lost 21-19, 21-15 to Soon Huat on Tuesday.
    “Think about it... Goh Soon Huat had already won the first trial. He beat two professional players then (Tan Chun Seang and Mohamad Arif Abdul Latif).
    “He then defeated Ramdan, and I think he deserves to be in the Thomas Cup squad,” Rashid said yesterday,
    However, Chong Wei believes that Ramdan, whose father is former national coach Misbun Sidek, has produced better results and therefore is the better player compared to World No 152 Soon Huat.
    Rashid said: “Of course Ramdan has produced better results by winning a few tournaments, but it won’t be fair to Soon Huat.
    “How would you feel... if you have worked so hard to prove yourself, and then don’t make the cut even after finishing on top?
    “The trials would have been pointless, if Ramdan is selected over Soon Huat who won twice to prove himself.”
    BAM will discuss the issue at its council meeting on Saturday. The confirmed men’s singles for the Thomas Cup are Chong Wei, Chong Wei Feng and Liew Daren.
    [​IMG]Goh Soon Huat is ranked World No 152 .

Read more: Rashid believes in Soon Huat - Badminton - New Straits Times http://www.nst.com.my/sports/badmin...=Kuala+Lumpur/7.196217/7.265284#ixzz30QzsEhtk

19. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

Lee Chong Wei wants Ramdan, Rashid wants Soon Huat, let's see who win this bet......

20. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Is LCW the coach or Rashid?