Li Ning Rackets Fan Club :)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tckang, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    how much did you get it?

2. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    A friend of my get it for me in China for rmb 2399

3. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    I thought you get it in Singapore. How much is that in SD?

4. Yellowfish

Yellowfish Regular Member

sales
    About s$500/- lol

5. Shinichi

Shinichi Regular Member

Teacher
    as expected of li-ning.

6. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    Looking for a review of LN N30II and LN N33 II, anyone play with them?

7. dutiehua

dutiehua Regular Member

lecturer
    started using LiNing racket since mid last year, the feeling is really good.
    used YY at900p lcw and ns9900 in the past. now use N90, and N50II.

8. BakaForLife

BakaForLife Regular Member

Custodian
    Has anyone used the Lin Dan Hero-II shoes, AYAH009-1 ?

9. BakaForLife

BakaForLife Regular Member

Custodian
    whoops, wrong thread sorry!! But i found the thread I was looking for, Sorry again :/

10. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Anyone know what racket Tang Yuanting uses?

11. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

N50 I guess.

12. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Indeed it's a N50 first gen

13. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Ordered myself a N50-III, will probably receive it next week. Anyone still enjoying their N50-III? Is it pretty awesome?

14. lks332

lks332 Regular Member

Anyone tried stringing the N9 at 30lbs? Any issues with it?

15. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Bro why : You mean break easily like what mention in forum FB Yonex?

16. Barca

Barca Regular Member

I can't find any review on Mentor M73. Can someone here provide a review please? Cheers!!!

17. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Had my first session with the N50-III today.

First impressions: It's a very flexible racket. Maybe a bit too flexible. Even the racket head may feel "flimsy". Back court clears are almost effortless and power seems good and reliable. Overall feels like an easy racket to play with but I'm personally a bit worried about how flexible the racket is overall even in the head. I got mine strung with Adidas Adipower Pro @ 23.5lbs but I think I should have gone for a higher tension because it just feels too soft with the flexible shaft.

18. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    I play with the N50 II it is flexible as well, I can only recommend to go for higher tension(like nbg 98 at 27.5 lbs or 30 lbs bg65, 29 lbs NBG 95) The true potential of this racket shines only at high tension. At low tension I miss control, feel and power.

19. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Had my 2nd session with the N50-III today (still same strings as before - Adipower Pro @ 23.5lbs).

My impressions today: It's very easy to use! I can understand why they marketed it under the ProMaster label (i.e. transition between attack and defence seamlessly). I feel that I can play a defensive block shot and in an instant execute a good smash when the opponent clears. The flexible shaft definitely helps in this department. However, I'm finding that a number of my shots on the forehand side (both overhead and underhand) are going out on the side lines. Just need more time to adjust to this.

I'll post back after my next session with the racket but for now, it seems that the racket works really well in both attack and defence. Smashes and drops are quite accurate and the transition from defence to attack is seamless.

20. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Ok, I've played with the N50-III for about 1-2 weeks now (5-6 sessions).

Amazing racket. Again, I feel that it's just so easy to use. Quick on defence. Decent power on attack. I think the holes on the racket really help in racket head movement through the air. It really cuts through the air and this helps in both defence and attack.

It's quick at the net as well. I am able to perform intercepts and drives very well. Net shots are also really good and the feel is there despite being a slightly head heavy racket. On the attack, my shots also seem faster and this is definitely aided by the flexible shaft. Placement and angle is also good and drop shots are very accurate. I don't recall having so many drop shots hitting the white tape and going over. I've had many of those since I started using the N50-III.

The problems I had on the forehand defence seem to be gone now. I'm beginning to feel really comfortable with the racket in both attack and defence. Transition between defence and attack remains as quick as ever.

Possibly the best racket I've used to date. And the rackets I used prior to this one were the Yonex Arcsaber 9FL, Wilson Zonar BLX and Kason F9.

I feel that I can now come up with /10 ratings for the racket in several departments.

Attack (e.g. smashes, attacking clears, fast/steep drops): 9/10
    Power is accessible but sometimes it can feel like the racket just lacks that raw power. It does not feel like a MEATY racket (e.g. Yonex VT80) and I doubt naturally hard-hitters will like playing with the N50-III. Fans of the VT80/MX90 would not like the feel of the N50-III. They're just different.

Defence (e.g. blocks, clears): 9.5/10
    It's a fast racket, no doubt. Glides through the air and placement of defensive shots are also good.

Counter-attack (e.g. counter drives, transition shots): 9.8/10
    This is where the racket truly shines. The ProMaster label really suits. I feel that I am able to play a counter-attacking drive into empty space and play a winning smash right after. It possesses the essentials for both attack and defence.

Overall feel/placement/ease of use: 9.7/10
    Flicks and double-motions are great. Shots come off accurately and overall, it is an easy racket to use and I believe it would suit all-round players in addition to counter-attacking players. Perhaps not the best for the all-out smasher but these days, badminton is not all about the smash anymore!

Price: $$$/10
    Without a doubt the most expensive racket I've ever purchased and it definitely leaves a hole in the wallet. Clashes make my heart skip a beat. A broken N50-III is a dreaded nightmare. Is it worth it? I'm enjoying the racket so far. It does have a quality feel to it and new tech like the AirStream system are really innovative as far as I'm concerned. But it may just be a bit overpriced. If it were priced around $170-190 then perhaps Li-Ning would sell a fair amount more. >$200 just feels pricey. But maybe that is where badminton racket pricing is headed (not so different to tennis rackets). The latest rackets from Yonex don't come cheap either.

Singles/doubles/mixed: maybe all!
    I'm yet to play a game of singles with it so I cannot form an opinion on that yet. It's a great doubles racket, quick on both attack and defence and doubles is all about speed. The all-round nature of the racket also helps a lot in mixed doubles. For me, mixed is about having a wide repertoire. The racket in my opinion, acts as a great tool to tap into your skill sets.

To those who are still on the fence about the N50-III, my advice is: if you can afford it, try it.

#2280 llpjlau, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014