Ashaway Viper XT700 and XT2000 review?

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by biribiri77, Jan 4, 2014.

1. Razack

Razack Regular Member

-

#21 Razack, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  2. Razack

Razack Regular Member

-

#22 Razack, Feb 4, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  3. araz916

araz916 Regular Member

Skill Work
    Hi biribiri7 any review on your viper XT700. Looking forward to own that racket.

4. biribiri77

biribiri77 Regular Member

Retailer

I'm more of a beginner/intermediate players who just started back after a long absence of 6 years.the racket suits me well as im more of an all-rounder type of player....neither too heavy nor too light.does well in net play,drop shots,long shots n smashes but not too sure bout back-hand returns as i suck in this =P
    being accustomed to lighter more flexible rackets the ashaway Viper XT700 doesnt tire me out even after a 2 hour gaming session much to my suprise :D

Overall its well suited for both attack n defense and value for money :p

5. araz916

araz916 Regular Member

Skill Work
    Thanks biribiri7 on your review. We are in the same boat. Next move, getting the racket. :)

6. Techno

Techno Regular Member

Designer
    Got my XT2000 yesterday. Looks very nice. Feels much more flexible than XT1000 but that might be the good thing. Handing in over for stringing today or tomorrow and hopefully will be able to test it soon.
    Unstrung and with factory grip it's not that head heady as I expected. But if it's XT1000_head_heavy-perfect, I'm fine with it. :)
    20150421_150033.jpg 20150421_150108.jpg 20150421_150228.jpg
    Interestingly marking on the shaft says max tension is up to 28lbs but marking on the head frame says 32lbs. :)

7. biribiri77

biribiri77 Regular Member

Retailer
    nice...i do find the Viper-XT2000 easier to handle than XT-1000....maybe its just me not being able to handle stiff rackets =P

8. Techno

Techno Regular Member

Designer
    Managed to play about two games with XT2000 yesterday before ZM70 snapped.
    Looks like the problem was that I hit the shuttle with the very top of the stringbed and unsupported main just gave away. Although it proved to be very long-lasting one.
    Don't think it's actually stringer's fault but after some examination I do think it's possible to add one more cross on top - the respective grommets seem to be large enough to allow it.
    080702.jpg

As for the play it's really hard to tell anything from 20min of warmup games but the first impression is - I won't be dissappointed with this racket. I just need to give it more time to make up my mind.
    Nice touch is that transition from and to XT1000 was almost seamless. But I can agree that it instantly feels how much stiffer XT1000 is. :)

9. Techno

Techno Regular Member

Designer
    Well, after a few more hours with XT2000 I kinda have to agree with you. :) Not that I don't like XT1000 anymore but for the most occasions XT2000 is my go to racket from now on.

I also feel it's not that demanding as XT1000 in terms of power needed. Probably since it's more flexible I'm still able to deliver some solid smashes even after 3h of continuous play when I'm not that fresh and fast anymore. While XT1000 does take its toll in similar scenarios.

Still enjoying the fact it takes about no time at all to switch between the two mentioned rackets! =)

10. BaPeYY

BaPeYY Regular Member

Anyone knows where to buy Ashaway Viper XT 1500? I just broke 3 of these racket and I'm trying to replacement for it. Thanks! :)