Goh V Shem / Lim Khim Wah

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by ngkt67, Jun 8, 2013.

1. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

Anddddddd the kids are overeacting again.... Just because you 'watch' the match through some utube or an official channels you can already write some long essays upon what you've seen which is what, only 1 time ?

For us who was at the stadium we dare to say the taunting comes from the away team 1st.

It was fun anyway, so stop be an overreacting freak.

2. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

CB to HW: "Told ya not to do that, see what happened now?!!"

3. MikeYeap

MikeYeap Regular Member

Engineer
    oopps.. yeah it was broadcast on TV but way too short. It was longer when watching it live..

I guess CB really taken its toll on psychology war here at Malaysia..Malaysian fans are into serious business when supporting their National Team.

4. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Meanwhile.......
    ....... [​IMG]

5. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

"but on the court, they were taunting us. Every time they lifted the shuttle, they were looking at us as if to say, “go ahead, smash it if you can”."

Of course they are looking at you, dummy, they are your opponents on the court. What should they be looking at, a magazine? Looking at you does not constitute taunting you. And lifting the shuttle is a fair strategy, what is Goh complaining about?

Hong Wei lifted his hands to motion the Malaysian crowd to cheer louder. I don't think he's taunting the crowd, but he's engaging the crowd and enjoying the moment. It's pretty rare to see the crowd so excited, so I think its good for badminton to see engaging crowd. I see NBA players do this all the time. They lift their hands at crucial moments to get the crowd in, regardless of home or away court.

6. visor

visor Regular Member

7. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    I'm not surprise if MAS fan complaining for everything as this is a part of our mentality .... Come on guys .... they have won the competition and why so sudden all of us really care about this pair? i'm quite agreed with M3Series about we just overreacting about their attitude on the court ..... for me,as long as it's not against the law then let them be (unless GVS or LKW go and punch HW face) ..... in fact, quite fun to see such game like that ....

8. ngkt67

ngkt67 Regular Member

too bad for them in All England as they gonna meet the Danes Boe/Mogensen in first round...
    title contender? have to cross the Danes first...

9. M3Series

M3Series Regular Member

This pair need the crowd support. That's how they beat KKK/ TBH and won the MO Open recently.

They wont be able to outplay the Danes, but for me as long they don't play like Ah Keat n Ah Heong, I'm happy enough.

10. jimbo

jimbo Regular Member

AE 1st round: Boe/Mogensen (DEN) v Lim KW/Goh VS (MAS)

Let's see who has the last laugh... ;)

11. hellboy84

hellboy84 Regular Member

event coordinator
    they did during the earlier stage of the MO 2014. They won over the Danes in rubber set.

Hopefully they can do it again for this time.

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    hah! boe/morgensen again! tough life for lim/goh XD

13. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    Pass the bag...
    ...and the coke.

14. Woffle

Woffle Regular Member

Student
    3rd tournament in a row that they meet BoMo xD

15. visor

visor Regular Member

Either way it's a win for them. If they win, then great. If they lose, then great too, because then they get to go shopping early. :)

16. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

Wong Mew Cho
    Mohd Zakry Abdul Latif / Mohd Fairuzizuan Mohd Tazari
    Chin Eei Hui / Wong Pei Tty, and
    Chan Peng Soon / Goh Liu Ying.

yes, you're right, not that many.
    but, as far as SS/PSS titles' concerned MAS is only second behind China.

17. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    I think there is no guideline of whether their behavior is acceptable or not. It's all personal opinion. Some people like it, some people find that annoying. To me, I just find them very arrogance - even worse than Mo/Bo. I will enjoy watching them lose. :)

18. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    I think, I will enjoy watching them. Period.

If they have won a SS event, they must have something going for them. If they have some aggro or if they -along with their opponents- know how to make the experience more fun for the audience, I think that's great.

I really think that in general, it is time for badminton to move on from the stuffy, priggy values of "propah" behaviour and false "respect" and get more in tune with the easy, inclusive and even informal "attitude" that draws more viewership and exposure -and money-

...or be left behind, or classified as a sport in the same breath as croquet.

Most value systems are a product of the times, precisely because "values" are a human product. Even values change. The question is, do we accept and embrace the changing values, or remain with our heads stuck in the sand?

I think there is always going to be some "unacceptable" or "disrespectful" behaviour when the reins are generally not loosened. But once you allow -even encourage- players to express themselves and even interact with one another, they will quickly learn for themselves what works and what doesn't, and it will eventually make the viewing experience much more enjoyable, and give the sport a higher profile.

So I think I would reserve "judgement".

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

Thanks for correcting...I root for 'underdogs', those who train just as hard but not given the same equal participation opportunity as LCW and KKK/TBH (these 2 hog the most pampering and funding from BAM that at the end of the day only crumbs left for the others to share),so when GVS/LKW won, that is good for them. IMO, WMC, CEH/WPT and even CPS/GLY have quite a few more chances to play SS than others.

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I root for them to win but honestly, I would not bet on that. The services were horrendous (even Limsy said he can serve better:D) and they still won, that said quite negatively about their opponents must played worse.
    Fans made a big fuss about their court antics, but how about Generous Dan removing his top or practising javelin throwing with his racket...fans incluing OTB were admisring his 6-pack:p
    I look at it another way, LKW/GVS court antics may backfire on them as now more eyes are on them, more expectations to win, why needs so much wanted pressure. Keep it low key just in case they got KO early next time, they will be blasted as one shot wonder.
    Now, what if some lady player remove her top if she wins, that would be something and I am quite sure, no one will blast them negatively but quite the contrary and hungrily asking for more...hoot hoot hoot;)

#220 OneToughBirdie, Feb 19, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2014