German Open Semi-Finals Day

Discussion in 'German Open / All England / Swiss Open 2005' started by hcyong, Mar 3, 2005.

1. olli

olli Regular Member

medicine
    northern germany, in beautiful but rainy hamburg
    Hafiz beat Lee: 15:03 - 15:07!!!
    Very IMPRESSIVE.

2. jkusmanto

jkusmanto Regular Member

Computer Analyst
    So... I did wrong between Lin vs Bao. Sorry.

It seems that my prediction is pretty wrong.
    MS : Hafiz has beaten Lee
    XD : All Chinees are downed. Robertson/Emms take revance and Lee/Lee will replace Kim/Ra ???

3. whizkelv

whizkelv Regular Member

Convincing victory for Misbun over Li Mao.
    Hope his boys are not only invincible for compatriots, but barbequed feast for other foreign stars! :D

4. Fook90

Fook90 Regular Member

Student
    It's been such a long time since I last posted. Anyway I am very relived that Hafiz has LCW, I feel he has a better approach with dealing with Lin Dan than LCW. I am suppposing Lin Dan would win later.

5. seawell

seawell Regular Member

Welldone ZHANG NING!

WS
    Zhang N 11:4,11:4 Hirose E :D

6. ronk

ronk Regular Member

I am surprised that Hafiz beat Lee. Maybe Hafiz is on the way back. The finals should be interesting.

7. wl2172

wl2172 Regular Member

I think this is a tactical move more than anything. Lee CW's ranking is high, but Hafiz's is low. Also, Lee CW may have been asked to take it easy as well as his main target is the All England, not German Open.

Anyway, in my opinion, both Hafiz and Chong Wei are equally strong. Therefore the scoreline is a little unbelievable.

8. happy go lucky

happy go lucky Regular Member

Exactly my point. Well said wl; also it is a strategy employed by others; beside Li Mao and Misbun both want Hafiz to make the World Championship in US ;) I hope my comment would not stir up controversy :p

9. Syaoran_Style

Syaoran_Style Regular Member

I'm nervous .. the match btw hongyan and xingfang is beginning =// gooo honyan !! =)
    i guess hafiz is regaining his form that helped him to win the all englan title in 2003

10. Han

Han Regular Member

Engineer
    The return of "1 game will all" strategy

So Li Yongbo's method "1 game win all" has applied to Malaysia too. I don't think Lee Chong Wei intentionally let Hafiz win but no reason to stretch to rubber once LCW lost game 1. The same can be said about Lin Dan vs Boa Chunlai, afterall the main objective is to win the big one, All England.
    No harm done as the final is still very exciting, at least on paper.

11. ronk

ronk Regular Member

Malaysia is doing a China

This s*cks if Lee deliberately lost or took it easy. He should fight to win no matter what. I hope Malaysia is not doing a China in terms of playing for team advantage.

I am also surprised to see that China is out of the mixed doubles.

12. hcyong

hcyong Regular Member

Software Engineer
    In the women's events, China restored their world order and put their opponents back in their proper humble positions again. None of the four losing semi-finalists even managed to garner enough points to win a set, Chin/Wong not even managing five points in total.

In the mixed doubles though, China failed to qualify a finalist, though none of the losses were unexpected. Lee/Lee's title in Korea was no fluke and they confirm it by beating Chen/Zhao. Meanwhile, Robertson/Emms exacted some revenge over Zhang/Gao. It will be interesting to see how the All-England turns out because all the top mixed pairs seem evenly matched.

No major surprises in the MD as the veterans and favourites ran through straightforward victories. The top two seeds justified their seedings and I think we are in for an explosive final because I believe Cai/Fu, based on their results this week, are playing near their best.

Lin Dan, not surprisingly, beat Bao Chunlai again.

Personally, I don't believe Lee CW threw his match. If he did, his score would have been higher (to make it look convincing), and furthermore I don't seem to remember Malaysians in the habit of doing that. Hafiz had been dogging him in the local circuit last year and the score between them has been quite even. Hafiz and Lee CW are both erratic players, Hafiz to a higher degree. If both are at their best, I seriously don't know who will win, but it will be a match to savour. Hafiz beating Lee CW does not surprise me. I only hope he can perform close to his best tomorrow to make a worthy final.

13. Qidong

Qidong Regular Member

Waiting to be out-sourced
    Xie has been quite successfull against Zhang Ning in the past 2 years. The golden couple can shine again in Germany. :)

14. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    i think Bao has beaten Lin before.