Top 10 best badminton racquet strings?

Discussion in 'Badminton String' started by HaruHaruQ, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    Any fans here can advice on BS 65 string , this string the replusion not so good ?

2. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Most like thin strings I believe. The only thing not to like about them is they dont last...

BG65 is more if you have a tight budget, or you string ur racket at 30lbs

3. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    BG65 has the problem that it loses its tension fast and settles at like 26 lbs.
    I like this string only fresh strung (~30 lbs) after 2-3 week (depends on how often I play) I just want the string break...

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    carlton x67
    zymax 67,70
    bg70pro

5. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    BG66 Maxima
    NBG99

We're talking about the best string here aren't we? Can't have too many bests :D

6. halucf

halucf Regular Member

Can't agree more with you :)
    For me, only BG66 Maxima

7. Razack

Razack Regular Member

-

#27 Razack, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2022
  8. silvestre351

silvestre351 Regular Member

Civil Eng. / Amateur stringer
    Hi
    In my opinion there are not best or worst strings.
    If you like crisp feeling strings you may get a list, if you like soft feelling strings you can get another list. If durability is your main request, then another list is possible (durability + feel that suits you better), and so on etc etc.
    Personal preference has the main point here.
    It also depends on the racket and the tension, if you change racket or change tension then your best string may become the worst.
    I personally prefer medium to crisp feeling strings, my ranking FYI is the following:
    BG66um
    RSL TN660
    Rally 22 ti (discontinued)
    BG65Ti
    ZM 67 (w/ higher tension)
    BG65 (w/ higher tension)
    BG80

9. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

My new favorite: BG80Power
    Old favorite: Bg66UM
    Dont know why but BG80P gives me more power overall compare to Bg66UM. Nothing beats 66UM when fresh but freshness only 2 weeks (and I only play twice a week)
    Zymax 65 a good alternative and its more economical.
    BG65 only if u absolutely must save every penny

NBG series I find the feel is too dull. NBG98 feels better but too slippery.

10. Ferrerkiko

Ferrerkiko Regular Member

audit assistant
    For me , i either use BG 65 or Li ning N95

11. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=66269]wongmb[/MENTION]
    How do you like BG80P compared to BG66UM and ZM65? I've played the latter two, loved the initial feel of 66UM, felt the ZM65 is just slightly dull. Do you string 80P same tension?

12. DuckFeet

DuckFeet Regular Member

Computer rebooter
    I reckon 2lb higher for by80p over zm65. Also prestretch it.

13. wongmb

wongmb Regular Member

Bg80P definitely feels harder compared to BG66UM especially on mishit, but not as hard as BG80 (found BG80 too hard). I strung both at 24lbs. Was going to string higher but 24lbs feels fine. Some says since its thicker gauge and I like 66UM at 24lbs, I should string 80P 2lbs higher. For me I kept it same tension and maybe thats why it does NOT feel much harder, not sure.
    Agree ZM65 is slightly dull but good value for the price for sure.
    I still have some 66UM left. But once I use them up, think I will be exclusive BG80P. The problem with 66UM is once its more than 3-4 weeks old, its just a dead fish.

Even tho Bg80P is 0.68 gauge, its not durable like other 0.68. In my hands it lasts just slightly longer than 66UM (~25hrs actual play time, snap at sweet spot, not from mishit.) but certainly keeps its tension fairly well until it snaps.

14. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    I find that BG 80P is like medium feel and less durable then BG80 it is more slippery too. They're both great though I just prefer BG 80 due to hard feeling :), I ordered BG 85 to test from MBS should be coming soon ;3, I hate ZM65 worst string I ever had... So dead...

15. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

My favourites are in this order:

1. Zm62
    2. BG80
    3. Zm65
    4. BG80P

Anything not included is probably something I haven't tried, like Victor strings, or something I don't like.

16. atypical

atypical Regular Member

Systems Analyst
    I like :
    Yonex BG85
    Gosen R4X-110
    Yonex BG66 Maxima
    Yonex BG80
    Victor VS 850 Nano

17. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

My Faves..

NBG 98 - my first choice. Love it for the slippery feel and also the repulsion. I can do most of the defensive shots and returns easily with this string. The two downer though is the slightly high price (RM 30+ :rolleyes:) and lack of colours other than white, gold and blue (JP codes which are more expensive have red or pink, but not worth getting at RM 45)

MAXIMA 66 - only used it once, but my God... this string is just like Ultimax 66, but much more powerful and longer tension lasting. With Maxima 66, I don't need to use a lot of power to hit the shuttlecocks, but I have to manage my shots carefully to avoid hitting out of court. And the price.... maybe I'll just got for this string when I have my pockets full of money (RM 40+ :eek:)

ULTIMAX 66 - This is the string I use for lower end based rackets, or when I don't have enough money for NBG 98. It works well as it's subsitute, with more repulsion and power, but lacking in the control department... and there is also the loss of tension issue. Then again, at RM 20+, what more can you ask for from this string? And yeah, there's numerous colours too.... RED! :D

18. visor

visor Regular Member

^ I've never heard of slippery strings giving better defence, much less anyone specifically preferring slippery over textured. :p

19. ZeroSOFInfinity

ZeroSOFInfinity Regular Member

Well, I kinda used the "slipperyness" to do defensive returns of smashes - a"forehand curveball" or even a "backhand slice shot" to the net (as I called it). Yeah, don't ask me how I do it.... just my playing style. Maybe it's because I watched too much tennis. Even my friends were like "What the heck is that?" :p

20. nahmed003472

nahmed003472 Regular Member

I used bg66um but it kept breaking even at 24lbs so i tried bg65ti at the same tension but it lacked the sharp feeling i was used to and it moved around like crazy after every rally. I then took my chances with zm62 despite my clumsiness with thinner strings. Initially it felt dull so i strung it to 26lbs and it played like a dream. Durability was better than i expected surprisingly. It also didn't move around as much because of the rough surface which explains the greater control much like the nbg99. It's also a dry string meaning that it doesn't have the same slippery coating as some strings and doesn't feel as heavy. If you want instant repulsion and feel zm62 is a great choice but if you want more durability zm65 will be better. I personally feel that harder strings should be strung at +2lbs higher tension to get the most out of them otherwise they feel dull.