Adidas vs apacs

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by badbad012, Jan 30, 2014.

1. badbad012

badbad012 Regular Member

Hi pros!
    I've been playing badminton for 5 years, not regularly but at least once a week :)
    so now, I want to purchase an attacking racket (I prefer the heavy head)
    I hesistate between Adidas Adipower Pro and Apacs virtuoso performancec (but I dont know anything about 2 marks)
    anyone has ever played with one of them ?
    please give me an advice.

Thanks

2. racketman123

racketman123 Regular Member

Dentist in training...
  3. Tsuioku

Tsuioku Regular Member

Some additional info about you might be useful...
    What racket are you currently using?
    What style do you like playing?
    Do you play doubles or singles?

Knowing what you are currently using helps to form a baseline... I often see frustration when people go from one extreme to another ie head light to head heavy or flexible to stiff..

4. badbad012

badbad012 Regular Member

oh, I'm using an arcsaber 002 (it's my first racket since I began badminton); I like it but my favor is the smash, and I like taking the offensive, so with this racket I feel I haven't enough power.
    I often play doubles and sometimes singles, I hate to see the clash so I want to get a durable racket like Apacs ( I hear they say that ). But if u have an other idea for the choice, I'm ready to listen :)

5. amleto

amleto Regular Member

going from arc002 to that adidas might be ashock. You're using flexible racket, and this addidas is a lot more demanding

6. badbad012

badbad012 Regular Member

thanks for your advice
    but I want to get a stiff racket, and I will adapt with it :)

7. badbad012

badbad012 Regular Member

8. badbad012

badbad012 Regular Member

9. amleto

amleto Regular Member

why do you want a stiff racket? Have you tried one before?

10. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Try one before you buy one. Trust me going from flexible to stiff is hard not easily adaptable, you will have troubles generating power.

11. badbad012

badbad012 Regular Member

I just think that with a stiff racket my smash is more powerful,
    but now I will consider again about that, I'll try one if possible!
    thanks pros

12. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student
    Depends, long slow swings are good for flexible racquets

By going up stiff it's harder to generate unless you swing fast with good technique. Not a pro haha

13. BBEdrummerAK

BBEdrummerAK Regular Member

Warehouse schlub
    Absolutely correct. Technique plays a huge role in producing power, not just the stiffness of a racket. Some of our smallest framed players in my badminton club here in Alaska are some of our hardest smashers, because of technique. I personally prefer a more flexible racket, going back and forth between my Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 722 and my Maxx Long 18. My heaviest racket is also the stiffest: An old Carlton Rassmusson sig model. When I was younger, I could smash like the dickens with that thing...now days it just hurts to actually play with, so I use it as a warm up racket now. I am also much older (35 to be exact), and find that the more flexible rackets really spare some wear and tear on my shoulder.

In short, badbad012, if you're really refining your technique and are continuing to do so (being from Canada I imagine you are playing in one of their clubs, that allow more training time than what I get here in Alaska...hehe), then a stiff racket could work for you. But if your technique is not sound, I think a stiffer racket is going to beat your arm up and potentially lead to minor injuries. But I am no pro or real expert, just going by what I have experienced in my badminton life. :) Best of luck in your search for an ideal racket!

14. BBEdrummerAK

Warehouse schlub
    Absolutely correct. Technique plays a huge role in producing power, not just the stiffness of a racket. Some of our smallest framed players in my badminton club here in Alaska are some of our hardest smashers, because of technique. I personally prefer a more flexible racket, going back and forth between my Apacs Nano Fusion Speed 722 and my Maxx Long 18. My heaviest racket is also the stiffest: An old Carlton Rassmusson sig model. When I was younger, I could smash like the dickens with that thing...now days it just hurts to actually play with, so I use it as a warm up racket now. I am also much older (35 to be exact), and find that the more flexible rackets really spare some wear and tear on my shoulder.

In short, badbad012, if you're really refining your technique and are continuing to do so, then a stiff racket could work for you. But if your technique is not sound, I think a stiffer racket is going to beat your arm up and potentially lead to minor injuries. But I am no pro or real expert, just going by what I have experienced in my badminton life. :) Best of luck in your search for an ideal racket!

15. BBEdrummerAK

Warehouse schlub
    Sorry for the double post...for some reason I thought I saw badbad012 was from Canada...it's late, and apparently I am sometimes blind. ;)

16. badbad012

badbad012 Regular Member

don't mention it,
    thanks for sharing your experience

17. drmchsraj

drmchsraj Regular Member

france, canada...it's all the same thing, right? ;) lol jk
    you're in the same boat as i am, badbad...i think it's time for a change for me and i've heard very good things about the AVP..gonna give it a go real soon. if you're young and take good care of yourself and your game (can swing a bit more wildly and haphazardly with the flexi shafts without feeling the consequences on your shoulder, mind you!), you can make the switch, provided if you're sure that's what will really help you advance :)