2014 Yonex New Racket (Voltric Z-Force II / VT-ZF2)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by ZeroSOFInfinity, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Sgt_Strider

Sgt_Strider Regular Member

That's a very difficult question to answer. How do you define good? Are you saying you're good? If so, why aren't you a professional competing against LD or LCW? That's why I'm not going to even bother answering that question. In terms of experience, I would say almost everyone that I've been playing with have at least a decade of experience and some like me have been playing since I was a little kid so about 2 decades. I wouldn't say anyone is bad by any stretch of the word, but it's all relative at the end of the day. It would be safe to say that I suck if I were to compare myself to LCW. There's no doubt about that.

It would be wrong and downright stupid to suggest that someone is a low level player just because they can't handle the ZF.

2. razorach

razorach Regular Member

student
    Guys, could it be the top secret black racket that lin dan is currently using? I think i heard some rumours somewhere that he might be switching back to Yonex. Just speculating :)

3. Maklike Tier

Maklike Tier Regular Member

Unoccupied
    The splash intro website is now up. I'm not sure about the head shape, but the grommets are inset and flush with the frame almost all the way around.

Other than that, it looks very.....black?

4. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

Relax. I'm simply curious as to approximately what level you are and also those that "couldn't handle" the ZF. One good way of stating what level you are is what grade you play at when you enter a tournament. Usually, grades range from A, B, C, D. What level are you? Personally, I'm B and I've won tournaments at that grade, so arguably I'm a low level A player. No where near professional level, but a strong amateur.

The thing is that I know many girls around the high B grade level and above who play with and enjoy using VT80 and VTZF. So I'm just trying to balance your statements that everyone you've known "couldn't handle" the VTZF, as it's simply not true in my experience. So now hopefully you know the reason behind my curiosity - if girls are handling it fine, then why not you and the people you know? The first thing that came to my mind was to ask what level of player you and the people you know are. For example, if you are all beginners, then it would make sense. Okay?

Larsmd likes this.
  5. hrpbipoh

hrpbipoh New Member

6. TeddyC

TeddyC Regular Member

( ●.●) --O #>
    Chill out, dudes!

Regardless of individual level n regardless of gender, choice of rackets really differ frm one person to another. It is a personal choice thru freedom of rights to choose one's own racket based on rackets' specs, playing style n preference. This personal choice should not b imposed on another.

Many ppl might b able to wield such high-end rackets, n others play better with mid-level rackets. Just bcoz some ppl r not able to wield extra stiff rackets do not necessarily mean they r categorised into lower playing level. It all boils down to personal choice, really! And nothing else.

7. soulsync

soulsync Regular Member

^
    Cant agree more...i dont see how level of play is tied to racket preference. Can we say those playing with less head heavy or less stiff racket aint good??? :p juz like z-speed...some okay, some doesnt. We wont question how good they are. Simple.

8. lhkjacky

lhkjacky Regular Member

Student
  9. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    The variety of rackets on the pro circuit alone is testament to what you are saying soulsync. Otherwise there would be very few models of rackets on view as most players would be using the same racket.

Paul

www.badminton-coach.co.uk

10. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Well, to sum up what the PV says:

New grommet system (grommets made out of tungsten). The new grommets (and the strings) will be 'inside' the frame if that makes any sense. A trench of sort you could say. You'll understand by watching the PV. They call it "A new type of compact frame". These changes increases the power and also reduces air resistance by 4,4%.
    At the end, they talk about a 'new extra slim' shaft which is thinnest in history. They also talk about the stiffness (doesn't say how much, but it's stiff) and that the recovery time for the shaft is 25% better.

And the result being a faster smash.

By the way, looking at the new chart and compare it to the old chart on where VTZF2 is on head heavyness, it seems like it is a bit higher up than the ZF1 was.

#90 Wingu, Jan 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  11. Deity

Deity Regular Member

The PV makes me want it.. But LCW said it helps him save energy? Even though it's a more demanding racket..

12. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    He says it's easy to attack with which saves him energy.

13. SleepyEyedBoyZ

SleepyEyedBoyZ Regular Member

Let see if he starts winning easier with the new racket. Especially against Chen Long. :p

14. Steve the noob

Steve the noob Regular Member

I suppose this racket's for more skilled players, so I wouldn't be surprised if many people bought this and give negative reviews in the next few months because they couldn't handle it.

15. heroclass

heroclass Regular Member

Oh man that matte black finish on blue is very damn sexy. But it seems like they are still using the stickers around the edges, which is a negative when stringing high tension cuz it can get damaged. It won't affect the playability but it hurts to see something you own get scratched up, especially one might need to pay 180+ cad dollars.

16. Naim.F.C

Naim.F.C Regular Member

Designer | Entrepreneur
    Sounds like mostly a load of marketing rubbish tbh, having said that, the flush grommet design is actually pretty clever, and quite an intelligent design in terms of aerodynamics.

Does anyone know if the size of the head or actual string bed is the same as the VT80?

17. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    being cut like that but boney to me is not sexy, please put your shirt back on!!!

18. Pradeepanandhan

Pradeepanandhan New Member

Consultant
    He is. .

Right now, his focus is on Malaysian Open SSP and to retain it for the record straight 10 times. .! Post that I guess he'll be on it :)

Attached Files:

19. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    I hope Yonex make sure their new grommet system is easily available for stringers otherwise there's no point in having it.

Generally manufactures slip up big style when they introduce special grommets and it takes ages before they distribute to stringing suppliers.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

20. ssj100

ssj100 Regular Member

There's a big difference between "not being able to handle a racket" and "preferring a racket over another". I think most people would agree that if your level is relatively high (for example, B grade or above) and your fitness/technique (endurance, strength, racket technique) is above average, you would be able to "handle" most rackets, including the Z-Force etc. However, you may "prefer" the FlashBoost etc.

So going back to how this discussion initiated, perhaps it boils down to what Sgt_Strider meant by this:

I've highlighted the key points above. Would it be fair to say that he heavily implies a lack of "handling the racket", rather than purely a "preference" over one racket? The way I see it and in my opinion, he's made some very sensationalist statements that needed to be countered, as I've had a much different experience. This doesn't mean I'm "looking down" on him or whatever. It simply just means I know some "B level" players (including girls I could lift with one hand hehe) that "handle" the Z-Force fine and win tournaments with it.

Larsmd likes this.