Shoe Breaking Problem (sole coming away)

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by cal.hat, Nov 23, 2013.

1. cal.hat

cal.hat New Member

Hi,

I constantly have the problem, with every badminton shoe I buy, of the front right part of the sole coming away from the shoe as it becomes worn.

I have recently noticed shoe manufactorers trying to compensate for this by putting rubber material on the area's that receives the most wear and tear.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I am still having the problem of the sole coming away.

Has anyone else had this problem and found a solution.

Thanks

2. cal.hat

cal.hat New Member

I should point out that I only get the problem on my left shoe (I'm right handed) as this is my trailing leg.

3. Mendell

Mendell Regular Member

Well, the rubber isn't there to hold the sole. It's there to provide better durability when that side is touching and trailing on the ground so a hole won't form as fast.

4. cal.hat

cal.hat New Member

Well what tends to happen instead now is that the rubber bit comes away from the shoe!

5. emidyl

emidyl Regular Member

if this only happens on ALL your baddy shoes then it's you. Does it happen to your street shoes? Probably not? Your style of trailing foot I suppose.
    I have a club member who is like that with his shoes and he knows it is him and his style of play and being generally hard on his shoes/feet when playing. Those reinforced sides are both for lateral torsion and added durability for the sport.
    So unless you alter that foot in some sort of fashion expect it to happen with all your badminton shoes.

6. brandicted

brandicted Regular Member

business
    I commend your common sense approach in attempting to repair them. However.. when fusing platforms with super-glue regardless of what type of material the platforms are made of..super-glue activator is required in order for the bond to hold without re-soling them.