Strange feelings when doing wrist exercises

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by Herzfrequenz, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Herzfrequenz

Herzfrequenz Regular Member

My working hand is right but I do all exercises on both hands. I’ve started my exercises after I started playing ( without training) and thus, without right technique.

The exercises I do are “eights” and different shot simulations with my racket with a cover put on. After some time I’ve started to notice that my left hand is better in many aspects: the amplitude is more right, that means higher speed, and I feel less pain in my wrist, shots and supinations go more smooth.

Is everything all right with my right hand? I mean maybe the wrong technique could harm it in some way - or it is just the consequence of lots of shots during the game?

#1 Herzfrequenz, Nov 20, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2013
  2. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

what's the "eights" exercise?
    when you say "not right" with your right hand, how is it not right? What kind of pain is it? Sharp pain? soreness? limited motion?

if you are using the wrong technique, it definitely could hurt your body in many ways in the long term (not just your hand, but also arm, shoulder, legs...)

since it's impossible for us to tell how you are hitting your shots and what you’re doing wrong, or medically diagnose your wrist condition, best is to get someone in a club (that knows what he/she’s doing) and tell you whether your technique is correct. And just go to a physical therapist for 10min and they can easily diagnose what might be the cause of your pain. Could be anything, even arthritis.

3. Capnx

Capnx Regular Member

what's the "eights" exercise?
    when you say "not right" with your right hand, how is it not right? What kind of pain is it? Sharp pain? soreness? limited motion?

if you are using the wrong technique, it definitely could hurt your body in many ways in the long term (not just your hand, but also arm, shoulder, legs...)

since it's impossible for us to tell how you are hitting your shots and what you’re doing wrong, or medically diagnose your wrist condition, best is to get someone in a club (that knows what he/she’s doing) and tell you whether your technique is correct. And just go to a physical therapist for 10min and they can easily diagnose what might be the cause of your pain. Could be anything, even arthritis.

4. vixter

vixter Regular Member

Maybe you are putting too much strain on your playing wrist.
    We don't know how much you play but... maybe only do these wrist exercises once a week or something.

5. amleto

amleto Regular Member

if you're worried go see a doctor...

6. amleto

amleto Regular Member

7. Herzfrequenz

Herzfrequenz Regular Member

That’s not the pain I’m worried about, but the fact that the non-dominant hand behaves better than my main playing hand. That's feeling only when performing exercises, I play only the right hand.

Yes, it is possible that I play too much and do lots of exercises on my wrist. But I do them for both hands, so the only variant is too much game.

Here I have only two versions. It is either too frequent playing made my wrist overtrained or it is the wrong technique, even with long hours games my wrist couldn’t become hardened like that. Maybe it is just the opposite – it should have become more elastic. By the way, if base only on my game feelings, my main hand wrist became more strong and flexible.

Maybe my left hand is not so well trained, is weak and thus is more soft and therefore seems to be more flexible?

#7 Herzfrequenz, Nov 21, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2013