Would LD and LCW enjoy the success they have if this had happened.

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by latecomer, Jun 25, 2013.

1. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    I'm assuming from the OP that we are imagining not only the people but a complete transfer of whatever talents they have in their respective sport/activity into badminton. Otherwise, I'd have to argue that none of them would be in the top rankings.

I think discipline, hard work, and luck are only part of it. Talent also plays a big part. (Yes I know MJ used to suck at BB when he was young, but I think he just hadn't unleashed his potential talent yet).

As such, I would say LD and LCW would still be where they are. I don't know them personally but from what I have seen, I would say they train just as hard as any other athlete and are just as talented in their respective sport. Similar to many of the people you listed, they completely dominate their sport if not more so.

In addition their Cardiovascular ability is amazing. I honestly believe it is a unique condition for badminton players. Few other sports require the constant sudden full-out bursts of energy over an extend period that badminton does.

I'm not saying the other athletes are not fit, just that they are built differently and would have a hard time adjusting. I think the closest kin might be a Squash player? Tennis is similar but the pace is different.