RKEP EX3 triple density socks review

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by visor, Sep 6, 2012.

1. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

They are not solid thick. More cushiony thick. Plus it's a good idea to wear thick socks for extra cushioning anyway. My shoes do not feel any tighter wearing these socks.

2. visor

visor Regular Member

They're designed to be cushiony thick at the bottom, but thinly knit at the top for ventilation and to reduce sock volume. So it'll still fit like a regular sock in your shoe. That's why it's called a technical sports sock. ;)

3. gnoils

gnoils Regular Member

I bought 3 pairs from Eric. My first impression is that it is very slippery. It made my feet slide around which is very distracting and concerning for me.

But I wore it straight away, did not wash it first.

Edit: just saw visor's post. Definitely should wash it first.

4. gnoils

gnoils Regular Member

Wore this for training after they have been washed. They are very good socks. :)

5. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Hear about the positive reviews on these socks and just had to try them. Bought 2 pairs of black M. Seller was awesome enough to include 2 free grips with the socks :). Initial feel is that they have plenty of cushioning and love the upper mesh for ventilation. These have about as much/even more cushioning as my Nike Elite socks. And at a fraction of the price!! They did feel a bit slippery, as mentioned above (leftover chemicals from manufacturing?) Will post a review the next time I get to play in them...not quite sure when....school and work :(

6. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

I just got my pair, but in black and they don't seem that thick :confused:

7. gnoils

gnoils Regular Member

I believe only toe and heel are triple density. So it's only thick at areas that need more padding.

8. visor

visor Regular Member

That's what I thought too initially, but they weighed exactly the same and when wearing one on each foot, I couldn't distinguish the cushioning between the two.

9. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Thanks for the reassurance :). I wore them (casually) and they felt really nice and soft. How has the cushiony feel lasted for you?

10. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

My first white pair has gone trough at least 10 washes and is still cushiony.

11. visor

visor Regular Member

I've worn the same 4 pairs for 4h/wk for the past 9 months and they feel only just slightly less cushiony as compared to the new ones that I just got recently.

12. Porky

Porky Regular Member

Its definitely a very cushy pair of socks...thick and comfy at the right areas

13. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Ok, so I finally had enough time to test these socks out. This might be a bit too detailed, but I want to give the product justice. And it's my first review so I want to get it right.

14. waterboy

waterboy Regular Member

Before I wore these socks for actual badminton sessions, I wore them as casual socks and work socks (cashier). I wanted to get rid of the "high carpet" feeling previously described by others. So, these pair of socks have been through at least 20hrs of wear.

Appearance: The pair of socks I received were the black (M) socks, won't describe it much since there are pictures of them on the squashmart page.

Fit: My feet are actually 2 different sizes...one's about a size 8 and the other maybe 7.5? But the great thing about these socks is that they fit them perfectly. I'm very lucky that Eric has this sizing range, but that's just personal. When I put them on, the heel area lines up perfectly. One amazing thing about them is that once they're on, they stay put. No slipping or sliding (at least for me). Even when stuffing my foot into the shoe, the sock doesn't slide down my foot. So that's a great plus for me. No turkey neck.

Comfort: When they're on my feet, I really do feel that extra cushioning. The cushioning really is designed to be dense and not voluminous. With those expensive Nike or Adidas socks, you can get maybe 1/3 to 1/2 of that same cushiony feeling, but it's nowhere near as long-lasting. For me, I couldn't really feel the ventilated mesh on the top of the sock working. Maybe it's my shoe or the place I play at. But I definitely love the design of it. All in all, comfort level is high enough for me to notice a large difference even for casual wear.

Durability: I haven't worn the socks as long as some of the people on this thread, but I must say I'm already immensely impressed with its longevity. I thought that the cushioning would die out like the rest of my socks. BUT No. They were made to be dense. Therefore, all that cushioning is meant to stay. Even now, I removed them from my washer and squeezed the padded area. Still there. However, I do notice that some little balls have formed on the sole of the socks, but that's to be expected with any sock that deals with intense footwork. I have more on the right than left (right handed). But I'd also like to add that my shoes are a bit bigger now and the insole is actually quite smooth, so there's a bit of slipping inside the shoe here and there. For now, that's all I can for durability, but it's looking very good.

Value: I told myself I wasn't going to compare these to my usual socks (Nike Elites), but I just have to. These socks have better cushioning than a pair that's around six times more expensive. After just one use, I can feel the cushiony feel of my Elites fading. Not with the RKEP pair though. Even with the price of shipping doubling the cost of each sock (after 1st pair), it's just a downright steal. I'll be happy to buy more in the future and hope that there could be more styles/colors in the future.

Summary:
    GO GET THEM!!! Haha simple as that.

Rating:
    Appearance: 3.8/5
    Fit: 5/5
    Comfort: 4.8/5
    Durability: 4.9/5
    Value: 10/5 Yes, that is correct

PS. I actually didn't have the slipping effect in my pair. Maybe it's just me and I have sweaty feet? Haha. But it really was just fine without and washing.

15. yerrorice

yerrorice Regular Member

I never thought I would be reviewing socks but here it goes. These socks are actually really comfy, I didn't even notice until 2 hours after I started playing. My shoes don't have that much cushion so normally when I go for a fast lunge, my feet would feel quite an impact. However, with these socks, I didn't feel anything. Also, the fit is very nice, I initially thought the socks would be too big. My feet size are 9.5 and I received a large which is supposedly for US8.5 - US13. After washing the socks (like many suggested to prevent slipping) they actually shrunk a bit providing a nice fit.

16. bakulaw

bakulaw Regular Member

I tried the white ones.
    Very good cushioning.
    durability is quite decent as well.

I just wish the label was not that .. hhmmm.. prominent...

17. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Free advertising for Eric. :p

I'd pay double the price for slogan free version... maybe. :p

18. visor

visor Regular Member

[MENTION=32159]Fidget[/MENTION]
    How's the socks coming along? :)

19. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

Since I began to wear RKEP socks, my feet don't stink anymore. All my calluses have fallen off. And my wife is amazed at how well I can dance the Tango. :cool:

Ok, well I've only worn these socks on three occasions. They are indeed very comfortable. Are they miraculous inventions light-years ahead of all previous socks? That is going a little far. But if they hold up and don't fall apart after a couple washes, I'll be very impressed.

For the price, they are definitely excellent quality.
    And IMHO, the grey socks look the most stylish. (considering I usually wear whatever dark socks I came from work with :rolleyes:).

20. visor

visor Regular Member

It's been 1.5 yrs since I started wearing these socks for daily work and badminton. Was just sorting thru old and new ones and just had to take a picture.

Including the ones in the laundry, that's over *30 pairs*! :eek: :D

uploadfromtaptalk1395558176081.jpg