2013-2014 Chinese Badminton Super League

Discussion in '2014 Tournaments' started by RedShuttle, Jun 25, 2013.

1. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

The 11-point system is going to save many players from unnecessary injuries. The are already far too many tournaments for the players to participate in. As a compromise why not straight to 15 points with no deuce.

#21 tbgoh288, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    More than 5 hours of badminton is too long. Although the 11-point system is obviously much shorter in duration, players don't seem to like it.

How about the following?

Stick with 21-point system but with 2 games per match only. If you win both games, you get two points; if you win one game, each side gets one point; if you lose both, you get zero point. (IMHO, it is unnecessary to play the third game in a league competition.) Hopefully, all 5 matches will be completed within 3 and half hour. If deuce is not allowed (ie, it stops at 21), maybe it can end in 3 hours. Ranking of teams will be based on the following:

(1) number of games your team had won.
    (2) In the event of a tie, score differences can be used.
    (3) in the event of a tie of the above two, score aggregate should be used.

3. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Minimizing risk of injury to the national players is paramount to LYB/CBA while the right amount of TV time is the main consideration of CCTV-5 (the state-owned TV channel) who is one of the sponsors so a compromise has to be struck. To promote badminton effectively, TV coverage and Internet media are the best means of reaching a wide audience. I guess that's why CBSL also introduces the 3v3 format to arouse the interests of non-badminton sports enthusiasts to try out the game in the hope they will become more than just casual or recreational players as well as ardent fans.

I suppose it's too late to change the scoring system now that the league is in progress. Let's hope the CBSL organizer takes note of tbgoh288 and pcll99's suggestions here for future consideration. For this edition, I'm sure they will gather feedback from the players,coaches and spectators in addition to ascertaining the viewer impact of TV and the Internet. Having CCTV-5, the main sports broadcaster in the PRC, to air the matches is a great achievement for CBSL.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Glad to see Juliane Schenk playing in the CBSL, an opportunity for her to earn some good money and keep herself match-fit as well as provide the CHN players a feisty top-notch foreign opponent with her physical style of play.

For me, it would be nice if we've some others like Tine Baun, Peter Gade, Lee Hyun-il, etc, whom CHN youngsters can learn and benefit from their rich unique experience different from their own CHN veterans and retirees.

5. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

are there any results, which are not in chinese? i wanna know if XUE SONG already played?

6. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

The 11-point system may just prove useful in training players to settle into their matches quickly. Just my opinion.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Hope it helps to train Chen Long who is slow to warm up be on his toes and quickly focused from the get-go as every point is precious in the short 11-point scoring system. When Chen long is at his attacking best and defending superbly, he is on top of his game in the same league as Lin Dan and Lee CW. That's just my opinion.

8. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Xue Song is playing for the Guangdong Badminton Club (not to be confused with the Guangdong Century City which has Lee CW). In the opening tie on 28th Sep, Guangdong club lost 0-5 to Jiangsu Xiongwei Jianshe Badminton Club but he wasn't featured in the matchup. I gathered he was getting ready to play at the London GPG next week beginning tomorrow (1st Oct).

9. tbgoh288

tbgoh288 Regular Member

CL's indifferent form at the moment is temporary , I think. Judging from what I observed previously, LYB/CBA knows how to train their players to peak at the right time. At the moment they are tweaking their MD combinations in preparation for next year's TC.

#29 tbgoh288, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  10. Beta2k

Beta2k Regular Member

ah, thats nice that he play london GPG! :) he has a good draw into the QF and will then face maybe AXELSEN, which would be awesome :)

11. latecomer

latecomer Regular Member

selfemploy
    Use the 11 point until the final 8, then use the current system the rest of the way.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

This is the Chen Long I want to see http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ShWGPlJVlxw in his match vs Wang Zhengming.

I regard WZM as another slow starter and a bit too laid-back but when he's speedy and explosive,he's devastating provided he also cuts down on his propensity for simple errors now and then. I earnestly hoped after his CHN Masters triumph, he becomes more consistent and play with intensity always without giving away too many easy points.

13. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    3 vs 3 or we call it Triple is more exciting...we introduced it during University games..the reason is with triple..you have to learn communication, strategy ..it looks easy but not

14. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    In the recent meeting ( BWF seminar), now a lot of people complained that 21 point is too long especially on WD but it took all players almost 5 to 6 years to adapt...to change to another ...it wont be easy and I agree 11 point is just too short...I may like the idea 21 point like IBL where no deuce and 3rd set is to 11 point...it may help a bit....or other option is 15 rally points and 3rd set is 11 points

15. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    I heard LD vs LCW is on tomorrow morning. Is it true? Will TXH be there?

16. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
    that's right, however there might be a walkover and LD is the one would do that...

17. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    LD walkover against LCW? That would be a first.

18. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  19. Penwinack

Penwinack Regular Member

I just read news today ,maybe no match btw LCW and Lin Dan because Lin dan had foot injury yesterday:D so Bayi will sent another MS to face LCW.

20. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon