Is BAM going in the right direction?

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by cobalt, May 22, 2011.

1. SibugiChai

SibugiChai Regular Member

YAB
    Whatever happen, the image of datuklee for most Malaysian badminton fans has changed for the worst. I use to support him during his ups and down but now I understand why lindance is send during datuklee time.

2. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    I don't think MTA/TAM saw the resistance coming from crybaby and his Big Mama, obstructing them to implelemtn their plan right away. MTA/TAM thought they have Village Champ and his other just-as-incompletent coaches (Paulus, PCC) cornered.
    MTA/TAM can see MAS is one generation behind and the current juniors are still young but very promising. MTA objective is win in the shortterm if possible and plan for long term over the next 5 years;).

Short term goal is RIO, but the next generation of players are not ready. The current seniors group is hopeless except for crybaby. And crybaby wants Village Champ. So, let them hug each other. Both love each other so much, they rather die than to part ways:D

If they win RIO, good for Malaysia, short term goal achieve. If they screw up, both are toast; 1 to retire and 1 to kick out. All this without MTA putting his finger print and get blamed if they screw up. It would be risky for Razif/MTA to actually meddle in this VC/Crybaby partnership. To stay out of the picture, let RS enjoy another 2+ years of high pay salary, but this time lay out the ground rules to justify dismissal if targets are not met, that is the way to do it.

Having 1 national team allows this juniors to learn from crybaby whereas previously they can't. This way, protect national interest by having the BJSS coach who brought up these juniors continue to 'safely' train them than to let VC screw them up.

Like I say, 2nd set starts, I hope, can only hope, MTA is what I think he is. Otherwise, MAS nearest opponent is not CHN, KO, DEN or INA but THAI, TAI and oops, Sing.:p

3. huangkwokhau

huangkwokhau Regular Member

sales & design
    Rashid Sidek is back and starts his job today as I heard and Tan Kim Her is assessor.....

4. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Absolutely yes. Rashid sidek is back to BAM. There is a link which i read today.

http://www.nst.com.my/latest/rashid-sidek-retracts-resignation-1.365723

EXCERPTS:

This follows his decision to retract his resignation as coach.

In a statement here today, BAM general manager Kenny Goh said the BAM management had officially accepted Rashid's decision.

"He will be part of the new (BAM) coaching structure. He will officiallyreturn to work on Oct 1," he said.

Rashid, the 1996 Atlanta Olympics bronze medallist, had on Sept 19 tendered his resignation letter to BAM, citing interference from BAM's newly-appointed Talent Management Group director Tan Aik Mong who wished to reshuffle the national badminton training structure.

Last Wednesday, Aik Mong who started work on Sept 7, quit his job, following dissatisfaction with BAM's decision to revert his planned structure.

5. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Yes good plan B by MTA/TAM. It is win win situation whether LCW/Village Champ delivers gold by 2016. I hope MTA/ TAM also have plans C to Z ready cos with so many twists, turns and political intrigue like in a Jeffrey Archer book, MTA/TAM will need to be eveready:)

6. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Actually if coaches now allowed to set their own targets for their players then wouldn't Village Champ be able to cheat the system by setting low Village targets for his players eg. Penang state championship , Cheras championship, Timbuktu Open :)

7. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    Let us be objective.
    After what has happened, do you think Malaysia will rise up again in the badminton world or is slowly but surely heading to to be a has-been, just like the US in the 1950s?
    Do you think the new BAM management is in complete control of what is going on? Or is it taking orders from more powerful invisible hands?
    The new arrangement has really no teeth and is fundamentally different from the original TAM plan.
    TAM made a fatal judgement in assuming that his good old friend, the new BAM president, was the paramount boss of BAM, and that he would and could run the show without any fear of having the rug pulled off his feet.
    But the real Malaysian badminton powers to be then showed their hand. BAM is now a lame duck body, salvaging and sugar-coating very badly damaged goods.
    Again, the bottom line is : where will Malaysia badminton in the future?

8. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    Ah, you like Jeffrey Archer, I am so-so...try James Grippando, Jeffrey Deaver, Michael Crichton (my favorite, passed away), Richard North Patterson, Scott Turrow....used to like John Grisham (writing poor, famous for his first 3-4 books, today sell by name recognition):)....as for my thoughts about MTA, just that the events happened so fast all in 14 days gave me a hunch it is not so simple as if MTA capitulated and surrendered to a legend-in-his-own-mind Village Champ and a soon-to-be-over-the-hill crybaby. Crybaby should just enjoy his perks, keep his fat lips shut and just play and cashing in the game, but spoiled for so long that crybaby has to play president. Whether crybaby likes it or not, MTA is elected to be president, not crybaby.
    Forced by political resistance to reverse direction and to continue the same old, same old, MTA can see the ship sinking fast to point of no return. He can see his good name sink along with this boat, yet he stay on, but implement TAM's changes. Why? And why not go back to NCC/Nadzmi system of spending like drunken sailors with zero accountability?
    pBm is right that I do not RS and the gang at BAM. I am just guessing, like the chinese said 'Extend the pair of eyes to see long, long in the future'. Darn, I hope I am right on this, which as usual I am, it is quite hard to be humble:p:D

9. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    I read MTA is setting targets for TC, AG, Rio, i.e. majors

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    MAS wants to build the tallest flag pole, the longest bridge, the biggest dam, to be recognized. So if you know the Malaysian govt well, baddy is one spot that can put MAS on the map, the govt will invest and it will, and there are plenty good juniors cropping up. As long as there is funding and no lack of young talents, there is hope. The money is always there in the tens of millions annually even though the results went sideways with one generation lost.
    It is quite obvious there is a very powerful hand blocking MTA/TAM's plan and MTA's plan is in disarray. I don't think MTA/TAM foreseen what hit them, especially this Village Champ/Crybaby partnership. But to continue the direction this oldship is heading is suicide.
    Seeing MTA stay on, either he is another NCC/Nadzmi to collect his paycheck and enjoy his happy hour at bars on baddy trip abroad or he is biding his time and let's this play out, wait for WR1 to retire and by then the juniors hopefully are ready for primetime. I read and did not see TAM's plan being torpedoed but instead is implemented, right?
    Where will Malaysia badminton in the future? I admit I was disappointed and felt the future was bleak from reading these recent events, but optimistically now, I feel the next generation is good. Except for WR1, the current seniors are a wash, that is one side of the team. The other side, the juniors are not ready, but in 5 years time, the 2 MS and 1 MD, and who knows who else will come up, will takeover. Malaysia badminton is like the low tide now, but I feel the tide will go high again, if you cannot fight adversity, play defense and wait your time, hmmm isn't that a LinDan move?...that's my take on this.

#1830 OneToughBirdie, Sep 30, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2013
  11. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    Dun worry ! When we lost to Singapore in future , then BAM will say we are still better than Vietnam, when we lost to vietnam then BAM say we are still superior than Philippines, when we lost to Philippines, we are still ahead of Laos...the saga will continue this way .... :D

12. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    i think before i die,i can see how uganda or chile beat malaysia badminton team:D

13. terranova

terranova Regular Member

Who spotted LCW?

http://www.bernama.com.my/bernama/v7/sp/newssports.php?id=982153
    Thick skinned Village Champ is back even though MTA does not think much of him and thinks he is indispensable. Well it is a relief no one pampered him with red carpet welcome on his first day.

Now with all the support and love Village Champ is getting from LCW, you would think Village Champ spotted/discovered LCW but according to discussion at http://www.badmintoncentral.com/forums/showthread.php/64075-Peter-Gade-Malaysia-s-Future-Coach many names except Village Champ were credited as spotters of LCW - Morten Frost. Misbun, Li Mao, LCW's father's friend etc.
    I heard the version that Morten Frost was the one who spotted LCW and brought him into prominence. So who spotted /discovered LCW? :D

14. terranova

terranova Regular Member

You forgot about the even better record of parachuting car into North Pole
    http://forum.autoworld.com.my/index.php?showtopic=29606&view=findpost&p=441880
    Also first Malaysian "astronaut" whom Govt refers to as astronaut but NASA referred to as space flight participant. Only Malaysia Boleh! :D

15. OneToughBirdie

engineer

I really have to seriously caution you before you slam the govt on sending this Dr chap astronaut or passenger:p to space to ride along with the Americans or the Russians...just in case those Americans or Russians discover another planet somewhere out there, MAS can stack a flag and claim some land...you never know, and your tax dollars could be very well spent....even if see/find nothing out there, at least MAS can say we are better than those Sing chaps, MAS new slogan 'ALWAYS ONE STEP AHEAD'....MAS BOLEH:D

16. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Uncle, you miss the latest, it's Endless Possibilities now.:D Really endless possibilities in every aspect, esp the bad.

17. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    Malaysia Boleh Forever ! :D

18. soulpx

soulpx Regular Member

Trader
    today is the first day of KL open (national circuit)
    i want to see non bam player grab titles here

19. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
    yeah, especially on MD D1 there is old veteran Chew Choon Eng/Lee Wan Wah...

20. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    http://www.nst.com.my/latest/roshin...become-msia-s-first-female-astronaut-1.369378
    MAS second astronaut...err, passenger, training now and soon to be buckling up and beaming up to space....and she is the first female, now even Japan cannot beat that, I think the first from SEA...MAS BOLEH:D