How do I beat them?

Discussion in 'Techniques / Training' started by funnybunny123, Sep 3, 2013.

1. wilwat

wilwat Regular Member

Researcher
    I was wondering where you could possibly play in Idaho. Maybe at U of Idaho or Boise State but even those strike me as long shots. I will probably have to leave California soon and then say goodbye to badminton :(

As for actual advice, you should make sure you are really good at generating power with your fingers and wrist. As a 14 year old girl people will always question you ability to clear a good length when under movement pressure. Without good wrist and finger power that will be a real challenge. If I had to play you, my probable strategy would be to move you until I got a poor clear and then go for a smash winner.

2. Exert

Exert Regular Member

Student

I'm actually the same age as you I'm 14 on ninth grade, actually there is a way to best the boys. I have my friend of mine she's a girl she beat me in singles by out smarting me, I'm
    One of the heaviest smashers in my school but she still beat me. You need to be strong mentally aim where you want to hit the birdie make the boys run, I'm guessing they're the same age as you? If so hit to there backhand lots of boys don't train there backhand at this age, good luck! Make them chase for the birdie and eventually you will win :) and remember just have fun!