RKEP Colour vs Tack vs Bleeding

Discussion in 'Grip' started by tobradex, Sep 4, 2013.

1. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    Is there anyone out there who's experienced enough with the RKEP 09 and/or 11 grips to give a chart of colour vs how tacky it is vs how much it bleeds (colour)?

For example I find the G11:
    Red - low tack - high bleed
    White - medium tack - no bleed

Just wondering if there's a wide range and if this information is available anywhere. I tried to google it and occasionally someone makes a comment like "Pink is really tacky" but does not compare it to any of the other colours.

Thanks in advance. Sorry if this was asked before in a different manner but I didn't see it on the boards yet.

2. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i've only had experience with G09 overgrip, i order 96 and Eric gave me an even 100. 1/3 purple, 1/3 green, and 1/3 red. the tackiness is the same, but i find the green bleed not only onto other racket handles, but also thru the back onto the original grip of the handle. depending on how picky you are with the rackets, for me it's moderate bleed. no bleed for purple or red grips.

oh almost forgot but i also have experience with white G09 grip and to me, white has the least tack for some reason, maybe it's the paint?

on a side note, the tackiness actually never fades...so when i say the other colors has more tack, it still has the tackiness a month after, where as the white has maybe 20% less tackiness, it remains that way a month later. so i think the wear on the grip is consistent throughout the colors that i have tried.

and if i compared the white G09 grip to the white gamma supreme(i think) then i think they are about the same. :)

3. visor

visor Regular Member

Red bleeds the most. My hand becomes reddish (and so does anything else I touch) after 2 hrs playing with it. :p

The tackiest colours are pink and green. Black and blue are the least. White is medium.

4. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    oops, sorry double posted - deleted

#4 tobradex, Sep 7, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2013
  5. tobradex

tobradex Regular Member

IT industry
    Interesting, I guess the 09s are different than the 11s cause the reds bleed like crazy for me. Kinda like how the green ones did for you. Thanks Gundamzaku.

Cool, thanks Visor. Does Pink or Green bleed much? Are you referring to the 09 or 11 grips?

6. visor

visor Regular Member

^ 09's. Pink and green are colour fast, ie non bleeding.