Hip strain injury?

Discussion in 'Injuries' started by lordrogue, Sep 3, 2013.

1. lordrogue

lordrogue Regular Member

Hey,

I've had this problem with my left hip since a match last spring. I think I somehow stretched too far (I'm not very flexible) and the day after the match it hurt quite a bit flexing the leg to the left. Didn't think too much of it but I did some hip weight exercises and stretching with my own incentive a couple of times a week. But it's been half a year now and the movement is still as inflexible as after the injury (although it gets slightly more mobile after extensive stretching). It's pretty laughable, I can only jump on a bike from the right side and when playing badminton I can't turn suddenly to the left. It's like a burning stretching sensation. It doesn't feel related to the bone, but there is so many hip injuries I have no idea what it could be.
    The pain is a bit difficult to pinpoint but I think it hurts in these two areas while turning the leg. Anyone with similar experiences?

Attached Files:

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

If it has been six months and it hasn't gotten better on its own, then you need help.
    The picture is marking a hip flexor and a thigh adductor. Both of those can be strained or torn.

You are doing the right thing by frequently stretching. But you will likely need to add some physiotherapy. Not sure what methods they might use: They may use passive modalities like TENS or interferential current to help loosen up any scar tissue. Then they will give you specific stretches and strengthening exercises to do at home.

If you can afford it, such a course of therapy should eventually get you back in fighting shape.

Best of luck :eek::)

3. gingerphil79

gingerphil79 Regular Member

Sports massage therapist
    There seems to be a few issues here. U seem to have hurt the Hip Flexors and the internal rotators so it is good to stretch these by moving into hip extension and external rotation (youtube).

Sometimes a reason why the leg cant lift up is a irritation of the femoral nerve or possibly you tore the muscle long time ago although with bad tears, there would be bruising of some sort.

My advice is to see a physio about it because it needs hands on work, manual work. Even a sports therapist may be a better job as they are more involved.

With the stretches, make sure they feel good! Its important they feel good. Because its been there so long now, heat will be your friend so have baths or atleast put a hot water bottle on it every night and stretch also after you put the heat on it.

Find an exercise that feels good. Sometimes this may be the bike or running or walking or the crosstraining. or swimming and providing it feels good, work away at this and it will help this injury to heal