Koo Kean Keat & Tan Boon Heong

Discussion in 'Malaysia Professional Players' started by Oldhand, Mar 5, 2008.

1. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Bring in vetrans with good positive attitude, not .............. heard that they gamle on the own matches.

2. aril79

aril79 Regular Member

world ranking has been updated
    eventhough not yet ideal...at least the order now looks much better

3. badMania

badMania Regular Member

Nope. Nova/Butet were split up in late 2010 when they were still World No 1.

4. Oldhand

Oldhand Moderator

Broadcast Systems Integration
    They are playing in the Indian Badminton League now.
    And, yes, they are earning good money over there! :)

5. bayanbaru

bayanbaru Regular Member

just go ahead and split KKK/TBH

6. nkt0811

nkt0811 Regular Member

Costing Executive
    if they split, whom they gonna partner with?

7. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    Imagine them playing for USA... Tony Gunawan and Tan Boon Heong...

8. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    WC only award you with a winning cup and medal
    IBL, good money....

9. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer

10. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    No money lah playing baddy for USA;)

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
  12. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

If only he can smash this hard during matches, or even half as hard but 4-5 or more times consecutively without running out of breath. Then this pair might not be facing the 'chopper board' right now :p

13. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

So now, there's such thing as players threatening BAM here and there?BAM oh BAM..
    [h=1]KJ loses his ‘Koo-l’ with Kien Keat[/h] By FABIAN PETER
    [​IMG]Menteri Belia dan Sukan Khairy Jamaluddin

SPORTS MINISTER Khairy Jamaluddin made it very clear today he does not condone any athletes threatening their associations, even more when their results are bad.
    The issue was brought to light when a source from within the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) revealed men’s doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat had threatened to leave the association if he was not included for the Japan Open Superseries from Sept 17-22.
    “I cannot tolerate this kind of attitude,” Khairy told reporters after meeting squash fans at the National Squash Centre in Bukit Jalil with world No.1 Datuk Nicol David.
    “This attitude is something none of us want to see among our athletes, especially world class athletes,” Khairy added.
    Kien Keat and his partner Tan Boon Heong failed to meet the target set by BAM, when they crashed out of the quarterfinal stage at the Badminton World Federation (BWF) World Championships earlier this month in Guangzhou, China.
    The pair were told they had to reach the final or face the chop. The question now is, what will BAM do?
    So far only world No.1 Datuk Lee Chong Wei and mixed duo Chan Peng Soon-Goh Liu Ying have made the cut for the Japan Open.
    On a brighter note, Khairy revealed BAM president Tan Sri Tengku Mahaleel Tengku Ariff and his deputy Datuk Norza Zakaria met him a to discuss on urgent matters ahead of the BAM council meeting on Sept 7.
    “I admire the new leadership style of Tengku Mahaleel, and I believe as an experienced badminton figure he understands well the set up at BAM, what are their weaknesses and also the players.
    “We spoke about how to improve our development programmes. As you all know the talk of our country now, is who will replace Chong Wei when he retires.
    “I have faith in Tengku Mahaleel, and I know that under his guidance, we should see positive changes and results in the coming five years,” Khairy added.

- See more at: http://www.sports247.my/2013/08/kj-loses-his-koo-l-with-kien-keat/#sthash.mvqN3BXL.dpuf

14. Winex West Can

Winex West Can Regular Member

Hi Tech
    So he is holding up a Strategic Plan in the photo. Is this document available online?

On a separate note, KKK said that he is getting married on Oct 9th. (http://www.sinchew.com.my/t/1H3)

15. george@chongwei

I think that strategic plan is only available to 'authorized' people..most probably the public would not know what's the plan they going to take..

16. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    As the saying goes 'the proof is in the pudding'...another report to show BAM is cooking up and has a plan, to justify these chaps high payroll. Fast forward a few years, and nothing much will improve as usual. As long the current coaches remains, it is same old, same old, going to fold.

17. george@chongwei

Yes, the same old story will continue again if there's always NATO guy in the organization.

18. OneToughBirdie

engineer
    There are so many layers of management in BAM. Make the process simple/efficient, cut the fat off (why need so many all-talk personnel in the payroll, IMO there may be more non-playing staff than players actually playing in SS for MAS)...if BAM really wants to improve MAS baddy in the long haul, the key is attracting recruits and entice the recruits with offers/incentives worthy of their time/investing their youth to play baddy for MAS. This is one area where CHN excels at and where INA is heading with Rexy running the show, I think.
    With BAM paying recruits peanuts, no SS playing experience/opportunity for them and yet expect them to excel and to replace Dato when Dato retires is ridiculous. Unless the Tengku revamp and fire these BAM clowns and bring in new people for a fresh start like INA is doing, the same old of banking/investing on the 1-2 player that can win titles for the nation and more importantly, to secure the bonus for these clowns will see the same old movie replays itself.
    Look at Jap,CHN,KOR, Thai and INA, their investment is for the long haul and the result shows. These BAM clowns are here for the short term with no-plan-no system, to milk the $$$ enriching themselves and call it quit when their bank account is fatten, pass the job to next chap and on and on...the thing MAS has is the dedication, talent, love, etc that her rakyat has for badminton that MAS can keep finding players like LCW to come along, not that these clowns can take any credit for finding such players.
    If these clowns work for shareholders, they will be fired in no time and yet these clowns can keep their high paying jobs for so darn long, either the higher up is sleeping or just as guilty enriching themselves or well, it is a public, government job, so who really cares?

19. george@chongwei

Ahh well, same old story again..:)
    [h=2]Kien Keat doubly lucky[/h] By RAJES PAUL
    [​IMG]Koo Kien Keat: 'Boon Heong and I still want to do well as a pair and we are happy to be given a chance to continue.'

[TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: left"][/TD]
    [TD]Email
    [/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD="class: gig-button-td"][TABLE]
    [TR]
    [TD][/TD]
    [TD="align: left"][/TD]
    [TD]Facebook
    [/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [TD]
    0​
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

[/TD]
    [TD][/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]

KUALA LUMPUR: Being given two second chances has put a smile on national men doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat’s face. On the cards is marriage to an old flame and an opportunity to redeem his badminton career.
    Yesterday, the 27-year-old Kien Keat said that he was banking on this double dose of good news as motivation to turn a new leaf with his on-court partner Tan Boon Heong after both struggled to win major titles for the last three years.
    Kien Keat-Boon Heong were on the verge of being dropped or split after losing meekly in the quarter-finals of the World Championships in Guangzhou last month to South Koreans Kim Sa-rang-Kim Ki-jung.
    The Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) under the leadership of former president Datuk Seri Nadzmi Mohd Salleh had set a final target for them to deliver in Guangzhou but they could not live up to the expectations.
    They also failed to win a medal at last year’s Olympic Games in London and fared quite badly in this year’s Sudirman Cup at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil.
    Yesterday, though, the duo were given a reprieve by Nadzmi’s successor Tengku Tan Sri Mahaleel Tengku Ariff.
    In fact, next week, BAM’s newly-formed Talent Management Group (TMG) director Tan Aik Mong will sit down with the former All-England champions to plan their future with the national team.
    “Boon Heong and I have met Tengku Mahaleel and we are grateful to him ... he understands me. Boon Heong and I still want to do well as a pair and we are happy to be given a chance to continue. For now though, we do not know what are the plans as we have not met Tan Aik Mong. We will wait and see,” said Kien Keat.
    His face however lit up when he spoke about his love life. Kien Keat will be tying the knot with old flame Audrey Tan on Oct 18.
    “In 2010, I managed to get a personal assistant to help me upload information and pictures to a website. As I was tied up with my badminton schedule, she updated this site - catered to those in the entertainment world. You will not believe it ... eventually, I fell in love with her,” said Kien Keat.
    “We broke up at one stage but now, we are back together. She is understanding and knows all about me. I will finally marry her on Oct 18 - yes, just one month away! Even, Lee Chong Wei is helping me with my preparations,” he said.
    Kien Keat added: “Things are looking better for me now. I have got a second chance in my badminton career and I am also getting married, both of which will surely help me become a better player and a responsible family man.”
    It is learnt that BAM believes that if Kien Keat-Boon Heong are managed well and given the right guidance, they can still contribute to the country - especially in playing a crucial role at next year’s Thomas Cup Finals in New Delhi.
    http://www.thestar.com.my/Sport/Badminton/2013/09/07/Kien-Keat-doubly-lucky.aspx

20. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    Go TAM, go Razif and after 5 years if you fail - GOOD BYE!
    Good Luck to you and I hope you guys succeed.