LI-NING WOODS N90-3 (Lin Dan LTD Racket)

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by fiq_axis, Feb 3, 2013.

1. E.Lau

E.Lau New Member

Would love to hear how this racket plays! Why not post your review/feedback here?

2. e1981

e1981 Regular Member

e1981.com
    he is not badmintoncentral member,Waiting for other users to feedback.

3. volb2

volb2 Regular Member

hi, all. these rackets wood n90, n90-2 or n90-3 are not designed for beginner?

4. skyz82

skyz82 Regular Member

Marketing
    Yeah. The n90 series rackets are actually quite demanding to use... Stiff, head heavy thus not very forgiving if u don't have the right technique.

5. Sambo

Sambo Regular Member

Any review of this new racket ?

6. CanucksDynasty

CanucksDynasty Regular Member

Working to pay for badminton stuff
    Local shop in Vancouver (Tad's) said they will have the N90-3 soon. Also found out that they now carry the N90 as well as the N90-2.

Since I have the N90-2. Thinking of getting a N90 and N90-3. It's been awhile since I bought any badminton stuff. :D

7. WingsAir

WingsAir Regular Member

University Student
    then we might have a N90 series comparison! :D

8. Jasonvan

Jasonvan Regular Member

You should like the N90-3, I find it better than the 2 if I had to choose between them, personally still like the N55-3 more though... So haven't been using my N90-3...

9. melforge

melforge Regular Member

senior designer
    selling for USD1200 ??!! gosh..that's a shocker...

10. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    I just got my racket delivered today stringed at 28. Gonna try it out tomorrow and I will let you guys know how it fares. Design wise, it looks beautiful... and as I was feeling the head, I couldn't help but thinking that it was shaped almost like Victor's Brave Sword (SWORD tech, in other words not the 'roundess' shape which other rackets usually have)... I don't know how the shape of the older N90s are, but if it works like a Brave Sword with N90 stiffness and head heavyness, I can only imagine what kind of power it will deliver.

11. Wingu

Wingu Regular Member

Teacher
    Well, I can confirm after playing with it yesterday that it does feel like my BRS LYD. When you swing the racket, it does this loving *zwish* sound which the BRS LYD does as well thanks to its SWORD tech. In other words, it cuts through the air very well and gives a nice feeling to the swing.

I must say that this racket worked well for me last night. The stiffness is apparently medium compared to the other versions of the N90 which are stiff. The racket I use is a 3UG5 and it does feel heavy at first, especially on the defense. However, it was doing surprisingly well on defense for a racket of this caliber.

Attack wise it is as expected by a N90, it performs well. Drops, sliced drops and smashes all go down with ease. However, I noticed that compared to lets say my VTZF and VT80, I had a bit hard time getting the timing / control right on my stick smashes. I've never used a Li-Ning racket before, let alone using a racket with SWORD tech for a long time so I guess it's one of those things you have to get used to. Controlling the net area was no problem though...

Mind you, I only used it for singles, but I reckon it would work well in doubles as well.

These are a few pointers at least for how the racket works. I'm not much of a "reviewer" as I think rackets is a matter of personal taste. I've only played with it for one day, but so far so good. If someone would ask me the question: Would you recommend it? then I would probably say yes. However, I'm not sure I would say that it out-performs the higher end Voltrics, although it might be on par with them.

12. drew tze en

drew tze en Regular Member

I want! I want!
    This racket looks pretty good, I want to try it out! hahaha

13. thekong

thekong Regular Member

I have also got myself a N90III with the Yonex 66 Ultimax at 27lbs. The finishing quality of the N90III is way higher that the VTZF and other high-end Yonex that I have used.
    The N90III is slightly less head heavy and quicker than the VTZF (which is way quicker than the VT80), especially in defense to me. It is also less stiff than the VTZF, and about the same as the N90II.
    In the smash department, it is about the same as the VTZF to me. But due to the 3D break-free design, you get a distinctive higher pitch when you swing it, unlike any of the Yonex or Ni Ling that I have used before. Since I have never used the Victor, I am not sure whether the Brave Swords have similar sound.

14. e1981

e1981 Regular Member

e1981.com
    haha, Is the reason for the price?

15. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

[MENTION=60517]thekong[/MENTION]

basically this exactly what I'm hoping for. Trying to get two N90 III's for the start till they are available in Germany. Let's c. ZF was a tad too slow for fast net play, kills etc... just by a fraction.

What string do you use for this racket apart from the Ultimax? Does BG80 works?

16. ValueCL

ValueCL New Member

Noting

Hi just want to find out how much you paid for the N90-III? Thanks.

17. thekong

thekong Regular Member

Hi sFrog, I have only used the Ultimax on N90III. However, I tried the BG80 on the N90II and it was great, so I can't think of any reason why the BG80 would not work with the N90III

18. ValueCL

ValueCL New Member

Noting

Thekong
    How much it cost in HK, if the price is reasonable i'll get my friend to get one for me. thanks.

19. thekong

thekong Regular Member

20. sFrog

sFrog Regular Member

Thanks for the input, this racket could be it. Thing is, N90 III, N55 III (head heavy and the tad lighter one), JJS... all three rackets could work. It is impossible for me to test those Li Ning with the right setup so I have to rely on feedback from here.