Ratchanok Inthanon - รัชนก อินทนนท์

Discussion in 'Thailand Professional Players' started by robin7, Apr 27, 2009.

1. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    and one ambition is to be World No. 1 and the environment is certainly right.

Someone called you Prophet of Badminton and its exactly 4 years since you made the above statement.
    Hats off to you.

2. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

yeah I'm officially a big fan now :)

hehe I can't help :p this crazy talented child prodigy, not only broke many records :

- The youngest WJC
    - 3x WJC in a row
    - The youngest All England finalist
    - The youngest SS winner
    - The youngest WC (also Thailand first ever WC)
    ------------ I see The Legend in the making --------------

but also well mannered, very polite, and like to smile (just like TTY)

Yeah I'm a fan before.. and now I'm officially a big fan!!
    I'm very proud :) Thailand should be very proud :)

I wish May good health, long career, and always have that good respectful attitude :)

3. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    ...and the headache continues for ZN.
    I am sure Limsy has a crystal ball at home.

4. Anatta

Anatta Regular Member

Creating history seems to be one of May's hobbies (apart from drawing).:)

Btw, as of today she already got 4.2 MB (USD140 k)reward money. Guess more to come. She can surely afford to buy her family a home now but she said she will do it after Rio 2016. Does this imply she is considering a mansion?:p

5. Anatta

Anatta Regular Member

Royal Thai Police said they will recruit May as a Non-Commissioned Police Officer and after getting a Bachelor's Degree (in Political Science, if not mistaken), she will be promoted to Police Sub-Lieutenant (like Sudket, who is in the same club). That's very good news for family as it's known that Police provides very good health welfare to parents too.

#365 Anatta, Aug 13, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2013
  6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    i had said a lots,not just about ratchanok.
    haha

7. sarawutggggg

sarawutggggg Regular Member

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.jpg

This news from Bwf offical website.

8. sarawutggggg

sarawutggggg Regular Member

Ratchanok Intanon became the youngest World champion of either gender when she won the Women’s Singles title in Guangzhou.

9. policecop

policecop Regular Member

Her match with LXR has had nearly 900,000 views on the bwf's youtube channel already. Over twice as many as the MS final! I think she'll become one of Thailand's most famous sports people, if she isn't already.

10. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

11. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

I love how respectful and appreciative she is of everyone even the person mopping the court!
    Not to mention she has mad skills!

12. visor

visor Regular Member

^ Yes, and not to taint her victory in any way, but the complete opposite of the Thai MD pairs in Canada just a few wks ago.

13. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

although they all Thai, but what Bodin/Maneepong did has nothing to do with May...! Yes I think they all shame, but May WC will help them forget the sorry episode.
    and why you need to bring this thing??

so, Zhang Nan disgrace acted @ WC Semifinal wasn't insult the sport?? And because of that we need to dishonour Lin Dan & Wang/Yu WC ? Me myself wouldn't do it!!! :D They big achievement deserved the respect!

#373 XoXoXo, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  14. Anatta

Anatta Regular Member

Thai badminton sensation

IN THE
    just concluded Badminton World Federation (BWF) Championships in Guangzhou, China, Ratchanok Inthanon of Thailand took the women's crown, beating China's Olympic gold medallist Li Xuerui, to become the youngest world champion ever, at the age of 18.

Ratchanok is the first Thai and first non-Chinese woman to win the world championship since Denmark's Camilla Martin lifted the title in 1999.

Upon her arrival back from China, Ratchanok (or "May", as she is fondly called) has received an award from the royal family, given press conferences and attended a talk show – as Thailand celebrated their first ever badminton world champion.

And, typical of the determination and ambition of Thai sports figures, May said: "I'm even more inspired to work harder and will try to win more tournaments", setting herself the twin targets of becoming world number one (she's currently No. 3) – and winning the 2016 *Olympic gold in Rio de Janeiro.

Over the years, May has been BWF's youngest world junior champion, winning that title three years running. She has also won a host of regional events and was a finalist at the 2013 All England Badminton Championships.

Given her outstanding record, May has every possible chance of achieving her targets.

However, equally, if not more inspiring to all young sportsmen and women must be May's background – her rise to becoming a true champion and her determination to achieve even more through hard work but not letting all the praise and glamour go to her head.

May's father and mother were both factory workers in Nakhon Pathom province in central Thailand. In their impoverished neighbourhood, as a child, May played around the factory and later in the open-air makeshift badminton courts.

As her badminton talent was spotted, she began playing in local, provincial and later national tournaments. There was no sophisticated, expensive training stints or big sponsorships for her. But as May earned modest prize money, she used most of it to support her parents and only brother.

She helped her father open a food stall, at which she and her brother helped after school on the outskirts of Bangkok. May was quoted as saying: "I wanted to be a national player like my older friends and play for the country, because that is the only way I could help my parents to improve our status and leave poverty".

Winning the recent world title, May's immediate plan was to buy a refrigerator and a washing machine for her mother Kamphan, who still works in a sweet factory.

Kamphan said of her daughter: "I always taught her to be humble as she was not from a rich family. I told her to be well behaved. She is a very disciplined girl. That's why she has got to this stage".

Ratchanok Inthanon is certainly an inspiration to all who want to achieve the highest and the best through hard work – but one that has always remained humble and caring.

Rueben Dudley

Petaling Jaya

http://www.thesundaily.my/news/796821

#374 Anatta, Aug 14, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  15. senior888

senior888 Regular Member

Consultant
    RI is a legend in the making the LD of women badminton.
    Her most humble nature and rise to super stardom from such poverty stricken childhood have made
    her a popular hero to many - thats why she have the biggest viewer hit on you tube.
    All the best to you RI and your family.

16. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Nokh88, No lah, Limsy is too busy punching his laptop speeding up >21000 post in 5 years, a record that Rat cannot even come close...LOL:p

17. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    So will CHN.

18. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

Congratulations to you, RI. Will wait for your next actions in badminton world, which is still has a lot of years to walk down.

19. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    well
    may receive a few millions of bath since her wc.
    i hope she wont get spoiled.
    stay focus and never forget the aim,the attitude,the spirit!
    all the best

20. XoXoXo

XoXoXo Regular Member

Ratchanok sets sights on Superseries Finals

The world's second-ranked player's ultimate goals are to claim the top spot and win an Olympic gold medal.

However, she has set her sights on qualifying for the BWF Superseries Finals to be held in Malaysia in December.

To reach the tournament which offers a total purse of at least US$500,000, Ratchanok must be in the top eight of the BWF World Superseries Standings.

The 18-year-old is currently 11th with the top-ranked player being India's Saina Nehwal.

So far Ratchanok has received about 5.9 million in cash and gifts from government agencies and private companies.

After playing badminton with Kamronwit at the Metropolitan Police Bureau headquarters, Ratchanok said she had declined the police force's offer for her to become a policewoman.

"I want to focus on playing badminton to reach my goals of becoming the world No.1 and an Olympic champion," she said.

"I also want to concentrate on my studies.

"After my graduation, I may consider entering the police force."

read more:http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/sports/364680/ratchanok-sets-sights-on-superseries

[​IMG]