La Fleche Ti 500 Racquet

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by taneepak, Nov 22, 2004.

1. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    I didn't realize it will come out so flat. Got somebody to do this with a digital camera with flash. Will try to ask another fellow to take some pictures,

2. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    I have MASSIVE hands, and usually I require around 3-4 layer of over grips just to make the grip okay for my hands. Do you guys have any suggestions on how to fatten up the grip without making the balance point suffer as much? I am looking into replacement grips, but theres wayyyy too many to choose from.

3. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    I thought everyone in HK would have a digital camera by now. :D

Hey! Is that the new 4Us? Those look like the new bumpers you mentioned earlier. What's the story of this racquet?

Hopfully, my friend got a 3U and a 4U in her luggage. Can't wait till Monday.

4. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

The pictures were taken with a digital camera. I don't own one, though.

Yes, that is the LF Ti500 4U with bumpers but it is not the new version with the new grommet system. The bumpers-only 4Us have bumpers- is one indication it is not a prototype.

5. Yipom

Yipom Regular Member

Kool thx. Mmm i was expecting like Yonex bag Pink pink, or is it jus the flash?:confused:

6. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    I read your earlier explanation with the aid of my racket. And I tried to obtain more info from the internet but did not have much luck. However the stringing machines from the Lily-Lee & Co., Ltd, Taiwan is impressive, but I have not much time finding out more, especially on the flying clamps. I will revert to this website soon.

In my own limited way, I tried to illustrate your key points on the stringing process by photographing my Ashway racket and writing down some notes as shown here. I'm sure, those who have stringing experience will find your explanation easy to follow, but for me, I have no stringing machine and a guide/manual on stringing, I'm starting to pay attention and learn. I actually found out there are 11 mains on each of the right and left halves and 22 crosses! But I will followup to learn more. Give me time. :D

Attached Files:

7. Loh

Loh Regular Member

Semi-Retired
    This sounds very logical. However, I have not even touched a stringing machine and how to adjust to the required tension. I will go to my regular shop to see how it is done if need be. :)

8. 2love2live

2love2live Regular Member

Let's see - I will say it's the flash that caused the too-bright picture.

Here is the LF Ti500 pic from bbesports. Hopefully this is the 4U Taneepak mentioned. I've decided to order one :) :) :)

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      10 KB
      Views:
    #188 2love2live, Jan 20, 2005
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2005
  9. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Yes, this is the 4U version of the LF Ti500 Super Light.

10. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Yes, your diagram describes it very well.

11. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Racket Mods

Hey,
    I took apart my lf ti500 today, and as you said, I took off some of the lead paper, and this rubber stopper thingy at the bottom of the racket. Now that I think about it, it seems like I have taken away the vibration dampener? Anyways, My racket b/p is not around 30.5 cm.....any comments suggestions?
    i still have one lead paper left to take away....and I also want to add another layer of over grip. Also, shoudl I insert the rubber piece back in? It looks awful important, but it sure does weigh alot....

12. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    Good Racket

I had a chance to play with this racket for around 1 horu before my bg 85 snapped at 24/26 :crying:. Stupid cold dry air. 2 other friends snapped their strings today too. Anyways, during my brief time with my new baby, I was thoroughly impressed.

Power-wise, this racket matches my Tisp Sx. I feel it is an unfair match though, because my tisp is prolly at around 18 tension bg 65, while bg 85 is at 24/26, giving the tisp sx more repulsion power. Therefore, I would say that the LF Ti500 is prolly stronger.

Drops were pretty amazing, tight and in control. I managed to do a coupel tumble drops from back court.

Clear were also great, but it lacks the punch my TISP SX can give me. At least it was great until I snapped my strings =(.

Drive- no chance to drive, strings snapped.

All in all, this is a great racket for the price. I love the bag that comes with it. I am going to restring tomorow and retest it extensively on tuesday.

13. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    well, I just removed the grip on the 3U and the only thing I took from the handle was the black rubber inside the handle and a little bit of silicon. There weren't any lead tape. I put the original grip back on (still have a little bit of the shrink wrap, it seems to be stuck to the original grip) and I put a layer of cheap over grip on top. The BP is around 30.7cm. Hopefully, I'll be able compare it with a stock 3U and 4U strung at 27lbs on Monday.

14. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Let me explain on the role of the wooden handle, lead paper/sheet, rubber/silicone and a mini cap stopper in the hollow, and the original grip, which should give you a clearer picture and perspective. When a racquet is made, it is matched with the handle, which comes in different sizes and weights, to grade a racquet into either a 2U or a 3U. To do this, selecting a handle of the correct weight and size-that is why some handles have a very long hollow whilst others have a short hollow-is important. The lead paper, rubber/silicone tube, are counterweights used to make final adjustment to produce a racquet that is a specific weight category and within an accepted balance point range, because it makes more sense than having an inventory of a thousand wooden handle that fit perfectly. Within certain limits, I do change a 2U racquet to a 4U or vice versa. Now you know the tricks of the trade.

15. charzord

charzord Regular Member

Student
    NOOOOOOOOOO DONT STRING 27. YORU STRINGS WILL POP IN A MATTER OF SECONDS IN THE COLDDD!!!

16. mtakako

mtakako Regular Member

Anyone else has any luck contacting percy? I email him couple times and still no reply. :mad: Need to get another racket soon, since I just crack my slim10.. :crying:

17. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    I didn't visit the forum for sometime and I'm surprised that the La Fleche racket became so hot. Actually I tried this racquet very long time ago, before it went to production (I got the racquet from Luxis). It is a quite a good performer but I don't have such a strong feeling as yours, perhaps the one I was trying is still a prototype. As far as I remember, I've tried La Fleche 800 as well but I can't find it on Luxis's Web site, perhaps they decided not to manufacture that racquet.

On the other hand, I do like very much those two training rackets from La Fleche. Unlike other training racquets I've used before, those two La Fleche racquets are relatively more easy to play with, they are heavy but not too. So, you can even use them in games when playing with weaker opponents. I'm sure you will notice your strength and racket speed will be improved after practicing with these rackets for a few months.

18. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    So, the 3U and 4U are both in my hands. The 4U is without the bumpers. The pictures from the previous posts does not truely show how girly the racquet is. Taneepak is right in not using the racquet in public unless you're a girl. :) Unfortunately, the racquets were string with BG80 and at most, 21lb. I will try them out tomorrow and see if they need restringing.

19. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    imho, there are also hype involved in promoting rackets. but then, that's the same case for Yonex as well, if it works for Yonex, it will also work for other brands. ;)

20. outlah

outlah Regular Member

government hand-out
    Actually, if you read the whole thread, you'll realise it isn't really a hype. And if it is, its not a very good one, considering the handful of people who are actually excited. Oh, here's a better photo of the 4U in all its glory.

Attached Files:

• 1.JPG
      1.JPG
      File size:
      31.5 KB
      Views:
    • 2.JPG
      2.JPG
      File size:
      49.1 KB
      Views:
    #200 outlah, Jan 24, 2005