WC13 draw

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by Jonc108, Jul 22, 2013.

1. forest

forest Regular Member

Engineer
    Is there be a redraw for MD if the two Thai pairs is banned from the tournament ? :D

2. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    With the sufficient rest plus the advantageous draw, it'll be interesting to watch how far will Saina make it in this WC. Nonetheless there should be no excuse for her achievement this time...

3. etudiant

etudiant Regular Member

Bad draw all around for Ina team except Towi/Lily

4. madbad

madbad Regular Member

I agree. I think LCW will be quietly happy with the draw although he will still face stiff competition from possibly ZWM and DPY. Two of his main nemeses cross rackets with each other thus eliminating one of his major threats.

What interests me more is how LYB will handle the LD v CL match and how he strategizes for the final.

5. madbad

madbad Regular Member

This is a good point. What is the protocol? Promote the next 2 highest pairs and fit them into the banned pairs' positions in the draw?

6. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    There should be one walkover or no match in one MS SF if the results are according to prediction.
    For those with tickets, do not be disappointed.

7. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    I pray that it won't occur so if LCW fails to win the most precious trophy this time, his fans will accept gracefully and won't find any excuse instead.

8. zhuangcorp

zhuangcorp Regular Member

I'm pretty sure LYB will watch closely CL and LD's form in training matches leading up to the WC and the early rounds of WC. He will let the one in better form take on LCW.

But WZM has a chance to beat LCW. WZM has come very close to beating LCW several times in the past. And he was able to beat LD in the warmup match.

9. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    You call saina's draw is "advantageous" ?? I do think wang yihan and li xuerui has got easier draw than saina. Saina has Sayaka, mighty Mitani and none other than BYJ.. These players are easy to play??

Wang Yihan has got only sindhu and shixian .. Shixian is in out of form.. Sindhu is not fully fit.. Also she lost to Yihan in sudirman cup.

Li xuerui has got only Lindaweni fanetri and Tai tzu ying. Linda never beaten Li xuerui so far. And also Tai tzu ying in the recent past , she has not beaten her. So no fear.

According to you - "Nonetheless there should be no excuse for her achievement this time.." - So, shall we ban her from participating in the tournaments if she fail to do that..??;):D

10. honeong

honeong Regular Member

tago isnt in good shape imo. he lost to an ina backup player in ina open... sasaki would be a better phydical test for LD.

11. honeong

honeong Regular Member

wild card to LD...to test BWF's limit, tell LYB to give a walkover in favour of chenLong.

12. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, K Tago and Sho Sasaki , both of them, are a good test of Lin Dan's real form in the WC.

Don't under-estimate the internal rivalry between LD and CL, they've been avoiding each other during training until the last one which I suspect CL could be holding back. If I were LYB, I won't place too much hope on Lin Dan whose future is uncertain and it won't be long before he retires, so the safer bet is to have one or two other players who can step up to the plate for the long haul. Of course, as long as Lin Dan has it in him to continue performing at the top, it's a big bonus for China for which LYB would be mighty pleased.

For this occasion, let nature takes its course, may the better player of the day wins. After all, this isn't the team championship, as LYB has said it's not a must-win event for national glory. In fact,his target for the WC is only three golds at least, not a clean sweep. He actually rated CHN's chances as WD, WS, XD, MS, MD, in that order.

In other words, there is personal rivalry and individual glory to fight for between Lin Dan and Chen Long; besides, as I've pointed out,it's not a team event.

#32 Justin L, Jul 22, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  13. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Already, Li Yongbo's fans started to raise chants of his statements.. Now, even they gone overboard saying "it's not a must-win event for national glory". When All England tournament was undergoing, they said that was not their major priority , only World championships is the priority. Now, they started to turn the table again once "world championships" reached..

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Li Yongbo, not his fans, did say that the All England has now become one of the 12 Superseries tournaments in a year, it having lost some of its luster. As for the world championships, he did say a while ago that it's an individual competition, so, unlike the team competitions such as the Thomas/Uber Cups and Sudirman Cup, is not a must-win event for national glory, hence his target is only three golds, not clean sweep. Of course, the WC is more important than the AE as plainly understood - there's no discrepancy or contradiction in his statements.

I'm merely reporting what Li Yongbo said, they aren't my views. Anybody is free to disagree or disbelieve him. Actually, it makes a lot of sense for CBA or any BAs not to have too many goals, i.e. big titles, or major events to prepare for in order the better for their team/players to peak at the right time as well as minimize the risk of injury.

15. raksasa.gorgon

raksasa.gorgon Regular Member

Full Time Badminton Player
    Based on past history meetings between china players before final, it is a known secret pact that they will slug it out the first game and the loser of the first game is to throw the match. This in a way gives the players a chance of his own destiny while protecting the national interest by saving energy for the battle next round.

16. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

I just want to point out that this time the Lin Dan - Chen Long matchup is in the QF and their SF opponent will not be Lee CW. Therefore I reserve my comments on your argument which happens to be irrelevant in this case though I get your drift. Anyway, it's an undeniable,incontrovertible fact that the title is fought by the two finalists one-on-one, fair and square,legitimately, whatever happened in the previous rounds leading to the final don't really matter.

17. pathan

pathan Regular Member

musician
    they should seriously make Maneepong and Bodin pair up again as punishment. They were much better as a pair. hahahahaha

18. Granum

Granum Regular Member

I think LXR has the toughest quarter, having to play JYJ very early on and facing 6th seeded TTY later

19. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    When it comes to playing for the country, these CHN girls are very tough and prepared, especially playing at home...LXR will walk over TTY, just watch. Finals she goes....

20. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    JYJ ??? I don't think so.. She is completely out of form. She is currently world no. 24 (due to the form she is having at present). She was lucky to have her name included in this world championships. She did not won Li xuerui so far. It should be very easy encounter for Li xuerui. As well as, Tai tzu ying did not win a single match against Li xuerui so far. 3-0 H2H for Li xuerui.