Victor Brave Sword Lee Yong Dae 2011 !

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by tranphuloc, Dec 14, 2011.

1. yuki onitsura

yuki onitsura Regular Member

High school English teacher
    Thanks, Visor. It took about a week to ship from the UK to Australia, plus however long it's been sitting strung up in the warehouse so god knows how much tension it's lost since it was strung. Regardless, it's good to have a reference point for future restringing.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

True. Compared to a BG80, I have to string 2-3lbs tighter for it to be usable, and still get a lower pitch after 1-2 weeks. A fresh 29lbs BG80 is better than a fresh 31 VS850, and for training purposes I'll have to string it at 32lbs (so that it is still nice after more than 3 days :D).
    All in all I find the VS850 more comparable to a 65Ti than a BG80, actually - despite the different diameters^^

3. Avenger

Avenger Regular Member

Student
    I don't think it is a factory string. direct badminton usually gives some free stuff to you (you should buy from http://www.directsportseshop.co.uk , they are the parent company and if I'm not wrong, a little bit cheaper). high end racket always comes without string (never heard one with string because people will cut it straight away in favor of better string and higher tension)

most likely they string it for you for free. they don't know your preference so they give your starters tension. 20-24lbs.

4. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Many many models come with factory strings, not strung by the distributor. All my Victor rackets, for example...

5. paulstewart64

paulstewart64 Regular Member

Marketing Consultant
    MOst rackets in UK arrive pre-strung. Fortunately Victor send their top-end rackets frame only which means they need to be strung - ideal.

Paul
    www.badminton-coach.co.uk

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Which does not explain why every Victor racket I ever got came with factory strungs...and they weren't Total Inside Waves or any of the other crappy series. My distributor offers free stringing, but doesn't go above 26lbs, so I get the string sets unstrung to get a decent tension, and all Braveswords I got were factory strung. Only the Bs12 replacement came with a set of VS800.

7. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    J4ckie, did you get them from Asia or Europe? To be honest I know some stores which order the rackets strung and some don't. I prefer the unstrung frame.
    Your shop doesn't go above 26lbs?:eek: This would be useless for my liking.

8. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Here in Canukistan, high end frames are always unstrung. Although I did buy a MX-JJS prestrung but that's because it was used as a demo racket.

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Yeah. But as I'm a stringer myself, there's no problem :D Just ask him to include the string and do the job myself. That way I get my 29 ;)

10. yuki onitsura

Ordered from direct badminton and did get the free stuff (pack of yonex overgrip). I'm guessing they ordered the racquets strung from Victor but I was offered a free string upgrade or a £12 store credit anyway. Opted to go with the factory stringing because I'm curious about vs850 and still in that experimenting stage with string tensions.

11. isben

isben Regular Member

Engineer
    Hi everyone anyone has experiance with lyd-n? how does it compare to the first gen?
    hoping that it would be a tad more head heavy compaare to the first gen.

12. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    I've only held the racket and not played with it yet. I don't expect to get my hands on one until September but from the feel I expect it to be identical.

Paul

13. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I'm leaning towards the BS11 now, I really need to make my mind up.

14. yuki onitsura

Asked my badminton stringer and he tells me the LYD and LYD-N are pretty much the same racquet with different paint jobs.

15. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Why would you guys assume it is different? Victor just markets it as new colour and not new specs!

16. paulstewart64

Marketing Consultant
    DBSwansea

Why BS 11? Have you seen the thread on Lee Hyun Il Bravesword which will be sold in UK from October (ish). Is it that you are looking for a stiffer frame?

I'm thinking of testing BS12 again and using Victor Powerizer to see if I can get more beef and yet retain the speed in defence.

Please get in touch if you want to talk Victor.

Paul

17. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    I keep changing my mind. I was looking at the BS LHI on MBS earlier, looks interesting.

What I want really is something similar to an arc8dx but maybe a little faster.

18. diverdan

diverdan Regular Member

graduate
    Decisions, decisions. You'll never know until you use the racket. Why not buy one and if you dont like it trade it for something else. Its not like we are all pros here who are able to try any racket they like for free. If only.....

19. dbswansea

dbswansea Regular Member

IT
    At some point I'll bite the bullet and get something, the new season is rapidly approaching so I'll need to make my mind up. Paul's review of the 8DX was very positive so maybe with him now working with Victor, he can advise on something similar :)

20. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

I think bs10 would be fairly similar... it has similar stiffness and speed (probably faster), and Paul gave it 5 stars :D A bit harder to find now, so I'm trying to find a replacement for it (considering the new bs LYD)

On an unrelated note, is the BS LHI out and about now?