Victor fans club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Yoppy, May 2, 2011.

1. davlee

davlee Regular Member

Sales
    I can only drool over it... and feeling a bit envy...

2. Lifestrong

Lifestrong Regular Member

PT Simpatindo Multi Media
    Sharing My Victor too
    img2013061100320.jpg

img2013061100324.jpg

Rackets :
    1 Victor TK8000 3UG5 VS850 27lbs
    2 Victor Brave Sword LYD N VS850 27lbs
    1 Victor Brave Sword 12 Vs850 27lbs

3. Winn108

Winn108 Regular Member

How's the new bs lyd?

4. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

One word: Awesome!!!

5. Iffara

Iffara Regular Member

Serving Shuttlecocks
    FUYOHHHHHHH...Bro Clawhammer...Bro Lifestrong...Im like so envious...Superb...

Okie..Okie... I will share also when I have the time... Now too busy with the Muslim fasting month and work and play....soon soon... I will update...=)

6. Lifestrong

Just like old lyd,But the Colour is so very awesome,nice cosmetics,small different,I feel bs lyd n Head a little lighter from bs lyd old..

Thx bro....:D
    Hohohoho...I will wait for your update bro :D

7. Lifestrong

Hi...just want to share,review from newbie.my english is not too good
    I Hope U understand what i write

My Tk8k 3uG5 string VS850 27lbs
    My Lyd N 3uG5 string VS850 27lbs
    Same string and stringer,same overgrip.

I Like tk8k more than bs lyd n,Tk8k have many power than bs lyd n,the catapult tecnology very pronounced when i use it.the flexible shaft is good too for power,very pronounced when i use it,Tk8k is racket power with light swing,so when defence it feel good too and the speed good too...but i'm so dissappointed with the paint tk,is more damaged/wreck when misshit shuttlecock,so easy to make a paintchip.
    Maybe bs lyd n does not have power like tk8k,But BS LYD N is have better speed and stiff,from tk8k,it make the defense and control better from TK.especially he is a racket speed,so you can't to expect the power like tk8k.But BS LYD N is the racket most have power from the BS series.
    I think the judge is :
    Power : Tk8k = 9,5.BS LYD N=8,5
    Control : Tk8k = 9.LYD N=9,5
    Speed : Tk8k = 8,5.LYD N=9,5
    Defense : Tk8k = 9.LYD N=9,5

8. Elisha

Elisha Regular Member

Yeah the TK8k paint stripe details just falls off at mishits.

9. Ch1k0

Ch1k0 Regular Member

N/A
    With the TK8000 I swear..It's like first gen brave swords all over again.....

10. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

1 question, what if the user it's not compatible with high tension? And does it mean that rackets need higher string tension to get the optimum "characteristic" or "feel" of the racket? What if the user doesn't have the capability of using high string tension? Would the user still able to achieve full state of the racket in term of "specs" and "feel"?

11. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Playing higher tensions doesn't actually allow you to get more out of the racket than when you play with lower tension, it just means the overall number feel of the strings will somewhat dull the feel of the racket, which means you won't get as much 'detail', if you want. Just for playing, that does not mean anything imop, but if you're reviewing, you'll want to get a good feel for the racket in order to judge it properly.
    Reviewing a racket at low tensions, you'll still be just as able to judge speed and overall handling of the racket accurately, but won't be able to get a good idea of how responsive it is (i.e. how much it dampens the shuttle impact), and stiffness will play a much less vital role.

A problem that might arise from that, for example, would be that one tests a stiff racket (say, Arc8DX) at a low tension. At that tension, you'll notice it's stiff, but as the strings are so soft, you'll still have no problem getting your clears long etc. and thus don't call attention to the fact that the racket might not be suitable for beginners or those who prefer medium to soft rackets.
    Now, someone reads your review and thinks the racket isn't hard to use, and gets one. He usually plays with a moderately high tension, say 27-28lbs. Compared to his previous racket, this one is too stiff though, and he often can't get decent length on clears (under pressure). To get the length, he'd have to drop the tension, but the resulting loss in control will weaken softer shots, like drop shots from the back or net play in general. As a result, the racket will probably weaken his game, as it's too stiff for his skill level/swing type.

Now, I'm not saying that you can't review rackets at low tension. I'm just of the opinion that you should only review rackets with your usual set-up (string, grip), and if they're not set up that way, call attention to that fact and admit that it has influenced your judgement (for example, a thinner grip than you're used to will make the racket feel more head heavy, while softer strings will feel dull, and might cover up the fact that the racket itself has a dull and unresponsive feeling).

12. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

Thanks for the info sir. Appreciated it.

13. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    That was bad ...

14. clawhammers

clawhammers Regular Member

It happens almost to all V products... V doesn't apply sufficient layer of the paint/clear for its products.

The exemption only applies to Meteor X series produced from Taiwan

Nevertheless, on the other hand, we also understand that V has successfully created products that felt crispy to its user. :)

#2514 clawhammers, Jul 16, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2013
  15. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Come on man... I am the one that envy you. Who is a frequent thread starter on Buy & Sell forum, with the thread titled Racket Clearance and a lot of High-End racket inside ?

:D :D :D

All the best for your fasting month, we will look forward for your update on Victor.

With my limited budget i am still stick to Yonex, but Victor bag design, especially 690Ltd is too good to be ignored.

16. Lifestrong

Good rakcet bad paint hahaha...
    Hahaha...
    If you like that bag,you must have it..hahaha

17. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    Yeah, it came across my mind when claw posted it on other forum. However, i am an avid Yonex users. All of my rackets are all Yonex except N90 which is currently my go to racket. I like to make everything uniformed, with that said, my racket, bag, shoes, socks are all come from 1 brand which is Yonex. If i buy an astonishing bag coded BR690Ace, my Equipment would no longer be uniformed & the side effect which is deadly to wallet is that i will start to buy Victor racket, bag, socks, etc. I wish i have unlimited budget like claw :D :D :D

18. Lifestrong

Hahaha..you same like me,I like to uniformed too,sometimes I want buy yy racket too,but my thing just same like you think if I buy a yy product.btw licin is same people with licin in ftb?

19. mew1838

mew1838 Regular Member

IMG_20130615_005549.jpg IMG_20120908_180016.jpg

Now you guys are just showing off your collection :D

Here are a few prized ones of mine.

20. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Oxymoron there - 'limited budget' + 'Yonex'?? :D:D:D