LIN DAN got wild card

Discussion in 'World Championship 2013' started by sportstar, May 8, 2013.

1. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    eh?he can beat lee yong dae in md? ratchanok or tai tzuying in ws?
    wakakakaka
    how funny.
    if u dont know,i dislike both lee and lin;)

2. pBmMalaysia

pBmMalaysia Regular Member

badminton coach
    hahahaha he needs a sport bra before the match begins :D
    By one billion posts, ld will be history just like the legendary txf.

Btw, Limsy, you should at least love those idols a bit
    but not so much to the extend of
    defending them like your future mother in law lol

3. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    dont think they fit the word: idol,at all;)

4. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    Lin Dan is Quite Entitled to Wildcard

I definitely voted 'YES' because LIN DAN is the REIGNING title-holder; OLYMPICS Champion; and THE BEST PLAYER (MS) FACTUALLY until his inactivity (app. 8 months ago).

Above stated reasons (not to mention how many times he has won those titles in his career) are more than enough for BWF to justify his WILDCARD. Indeed the reigning title-holder attribute alone has been a sufficient factor.

In REAL LIFE, many times a wildcard (or even wildcards) is just granted to a particular player under much more relaxed consideration or conditions... and it is not something quite unusual that the 'fortunate' player is anything but the best one (in any time frame) :D

The reality that such a wildcard granted to a player with caliber as Lin Dan has been causing some sort of 'controversy' or 'disagreement' among the "badminton lovers" in particular and badminton realm in general is indeed AMAZING in its own characteristics!

5. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Wild card is pretty common in every sports game. Usually wild card goes to a player who in the past had very good results and for some reason his / her ranking are too low to enter a tournament.

Or a wild card usually given to a player where the event hold.

So giving Lin Dan a wild card is very justified. He already win all there is until 2012. A player with his caliber deserve a wild card. The interesting thing to see is if he still got it. Can he still win after do not play for near a year?

Tennis wild card that produce the most shocking result was when Goran Ivanisevic ranked outside top 100 win a Wimbledon title defeating lots of seeded players.

6. Yoppy

Yoppy Regular Member

No problem laah.....just give LD a wild card. If he wins, he makes a new record. If LCW wins, finally he makes it. If CL wins, then he's the man to beat in the future. We badminton fans sit back, enjoy and relax laaah

7. Ton-Min-Bad

Ton-Min-Bad Regular Member

It's so much more exciting to know that LD is able to participate at least.

8. gunner93

gunner93 Regular Member

Personally I dont think its a good idea to be another Michael Schumacher coming back as a flop. Good for the show but if he looses, he will loose his aura of invincible status which the world over has labled him.

9. julianng

julianng Regular Member

Lin Dan is not like Michael Schumacher....

I confident he will continue to win world championship as well as super series....

I even think he can get another olympic gold medal in Rio in 2016.... but that's too far ahead perhaps...

a lot can happen between now and 2016..... but the world championship this month should be a cake walk for him.....

10. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    And your "flop" definition is...?

11. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Cake walk??? In what way??? Let's see... How he does his cake walk>!!!!!

12. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
  13. RedShuttle

RedShuttle Regular Member

Two weeks to go for the big game and Lin Dan was (July 21) still busy with off-court festivities :confused:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Obviously his heart and mind aren't wholly on badminton , not even when it's the WC. Can't help it,once he's tasted a new kind of life outside badminton during the six-month break which he said was so beautiful and fulfilling, how can he ever be the same again! Something's got to give and it's his badminton that suffers.

Plainly speaking, that fire,passion and competitive spirit is no more;he's mellowed quite a bit as far as his badminton is concerned, which, as seen recently, is translated into being less solid,consistent and more erratic in his play, certainly nowhere near his best. Still,we may never know once the tournament starts, Lin Dan being Lin Dan.

For me,if he's going to be eliminated in the early rounds,I'd rather he face Lee CW first, not that I want him to give CW the honour but more because I look forward to seeing them clash again which is becoming rare, the more so as time goes by.

15. jamex316

jamex316 Regular Member

Seems there are a few ppl hung up on his current form. The exhibition match looked like LD was pretty confident. Plus, the home ground advantage will help with getting through the initial stages. Its not like he dropped his usual fitness trainings etc. He was leading in both sets.

16. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Beware !!
    LD will be in great shape and one of the favourite along with CL to win the WC.

17. thunder.tw

thunder.tw Regular Member

Yeah you're right good thing the winner of the world cup doesn't have to qualify for the next one... oh wait....

18. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    Concur with you. LD will not play WC13 unless he is in excellent playing shape to win and LD is in it to win. WC13 is no SS, PSS, etc. As we saw in the 2 previous tourneys, LD would rather WO or withdraw than to lose. I can't see LD let his opponents including CL humiliate him at his wife's home court, there is national pride there.
    Even with the long layoff, to beat LD in a major and playing at home, that is no easy task. I hear forumers saying LD is a spent force, I like to hear what the opponents feel seeing the draw and knowing LD is waiting for them.
    Are they cheering 'yippee ya ya, yippee yippee ya....' and rather 'Oh Sh*t and truckload of that stuff coming down the hill gathering speed and heading their way'.:D
    Datuk Lee is thankful to let CL have LD to dance with.;)

#318 OneToughBirdie, Jul 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2013
  19. visor

visor Regular Member

[video=youtube;6ajU1mK2p7s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ajU1mK2p7s&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/video]

Don't want to spoil the result of this LD vs WZM preparation match from July 20, but looks like LD needs more preparation. ;)

20. OneToughBirdie

OneToughBirdie Regular Member

engineer
    LD looks pretty good for a 'preparation' match despite the long layoff. Far better than LD played after OLY08 when he was totally out of shape and came back to play in that East Badminton thingie and got smacked by that KOR chap Ho Choi Jin.
    WZM and LD look like doing a waltz dance here. Since this prep game, there is still time for LD to fine tune for WC13. From what I see in this prep match, LD is back.
    Wonder why LD played WZM and not CL, or did LD/CL played in any prep match at all? Maybe Dragon is in LD half, so LD has zoomed his laser at CL, since LD knows he has to get through Dragon before facing Datuk, so not to show too much to CL now.
    I pick Datuk to win, just a hunch, no bet on this. If I am CL, I would be concerned and hope some dudes can KO LD early. Who knows, maybe all 3 got KO before the final....again no bet.