Carbonex 8400 or Isometric 30 VF ? Help

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by hodab, Jan 7, 2005.

1. hodab

hodab Regular Member

Hi everybody
    Today I bought a Yonex Carbonex 8400. Before this one I had a Carbonex 8200 Light, which I crashed in a double play. I don't know how good or bad is this new one, I mean Carbonex 8400. I didn't know which one should I buy, Carbonex 8400 or Yonex Isometric 30 VF? Please help me and recommend one of them. I have played badminton for some years and now I am beginning in a new club. I'm not a champion but I a strong player. I know that there are many better rackets, but my money is limited. So, please recommend one of these two rackets. I am also worried about if this one ( which I you see the a photo from) is not an imitation or what? Thank for all of you.:confused: and I live in Stockholm.

Attached Files:

2. hodab

hodab Regular Member

Why no one helps me? :confused:

3. cappy75

cappy75 Regular Member

Depot Support Representative
    Hodab,

Either of those two racquets should suffice for you since your current limiting factor is money. Also, why are you asking when you have already bought one of them :confused:? Stop worrying about your racquet and start playing already:D!

4. hodab

hodab Regular Member

Well, cappy75, because I can return back the one I have bought if the other one is better. Now I need some tecknical differences between Carbonex 8400 and Isometric 30VF.

5. daboob

daboob Regular Member

Student
    I don't know much about the Cab8400, but here is what I know:
    It's a flexible racket, 2U (90 - 94 g) and it's control and power is rated from YONEX with 3 of 5 possible points.

I think it's a racket for beginner or intermediate player and I think it suits you well. But you shouldn't overrate the meaning of your racket in your game. Pay more attention on your skills and improve them instead of worrying if you have the right racket to create a good smash etc.

The Cab8400 will surely do it's job.

I've never heard of fake rackets in this price class, so normally you don't have to worry. But posting serial number and racket code would be good to confirm that.

6. chickenpoodle

chickenpoodle Regular Member

just keep the 8400.
    i remember seeing somewhere the 30vf was an aluminum head.
    unless you really like the isometric head of the 30vf.

7. daboob

daboob Regular Member

Student
  8. hodab

hodab Regular Member

Thanx daboob. The serial number on the cone is: 110643DK. and the serial on the shaft is 7354557

9. daboob

daboob Regular Member

Student
    Hmmm.....
    According to your racket code it's produced at 11th June 2004 for Denmark. But the serial number bothers me. Normally serial numbers of rackets produced in 2004 should beginn with 4 or 5, not 7.
    But I really can't imagine, that it's a fake racket. The fakers concentrate on the high-end and expensive rackets....

What do the others think?

10. quik_silver

quik_silver Regular Member

Analyst
    HI guys! I am wondering anyone know what is the tension range for ISO 30 VF??

11. michaelavich

michaelavich Regular Member

I don't know if aluminium heads take high tensions... i have a 30 vf as a backup but I haven't restrung it yet. An old, old oval aluminium head racquet of mine which has been restrung many times (only @ 20-21 lbs.) and it's a little deformed. The point of the oval has moved sideways a little (it still plays fine). Aluminum heads are strong but graphite won't permanently deform.

I don't really know for sure. Anyone else?