2013 SUDIRMAN CUP : (day 8, 26th May) FINAL! China vs. Korea

Discussion in 'Sudirman Cup 2013' started by kwun, May 25, 2013.

1. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Cai Yun looks old.

2. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    time to watch Roland Garros!!

3. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    well, that's it ladies and gentlemen, it has been an honor to be able to follow the 2013 Sudirman Cup with all of you.

it is getting late and it is time for me to get some rest.

ciao.

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Yeah, the QF scare by INA really woke up CHN and put them on their toes and raised their determination and fighting spirit.

5. nizze

nizze Regular Member

Perhaps it may have a psychological impact on them. But isn't better to go down winning at least 1 match rather than being whitewashed 3-0?

In the 2011 Surdiman Cup SF, Korea was also 2-0 down to China but their MDs (LYD/JJS) won the 3rd match against CF/FHF who are definitely not easy opponents. Eventhough Korea eventually lost the WS and SFs but at least they went down with 1 match in hand.

Just my two cents worth

6. kelana

kelana Regular Member

globalresearch.ca
    seeing a coordinated resource for the two different sports sounds like a stern warning to the ROW!!

7. pcll99

pcll99 Regular Member

Cylon
    He's basketball coach, isn't he?

8. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    posts #300 : Congratz to China for their 5th titles in a row :p. the only country that can do it in 3 prestigious team event :p. Uber Cup (1984 - 1992), Thomas Cup (2004 - 2012), and Sudirman Cup (2005 - 2013) :p

9. Gigabit

Gigabit Regular Member

Banker
    Agree.....

10. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

No idea, only read somewhere he's taken over Liu Fengyan's position.

11. CLELY

CLELY Regular Member

Yeah, the anti-climax final, all three matches were finished in straight-sets. Liu/Qiu attacked so fast and furious, KOR MD can't develop their game plan.

CHN v INA part 2 is the most thrilling clash during this Sudirman Cup, too bad both teams didn't meet in finale...

Congrats to CHN team, winner of Sudirman Cup 5 times in a row since 2005, 9th title overall, tremendous achievement!

12. ting_ht

ting_ht Regular Member

Agree, but I believe the result will be different if China sent LXL/QZH on both of these matches because they will win the MD points most likely. On such performance they shown today, I predict that CY/FHF will not be considered for future team events (i.e. Thomas cup) because CB/HW will be installed as second pair at least (they beast LXL/QZH in German open final this year).

13. bad's fan

bad's fan Regular Member

After nearly 10 years stay in China, Sudirman Cup once consider for moving to another country this year. A hard challenge from Indonesia plus some distractions from Denmark and Korea might have won his heart, but finally China team can convincing him to extend his stay for another 2 years in the country.

Congratulations to team China for the 5th SC title in a row!

14. hcpoirot

hcpoirot Regular Member

Congrats to China for winning Sudirman Ciup 2013.

With CL, LXR and LXL/ QZH still in their twenties and the never ending stock of great WD, China will dominate the Sudirman Cup at least 2-3 more times or even more if other nation did not had quicker regeneration.

15. visor

visor Regular Member

On another note:

What is it with all these strict umpires that don't
    allow a little breather or towelling between hard rallies. Their negativity really is bad for the viewers.

And holy smokes, there were more service faults called than in all the SS events combined up to date. Wth? Did everyone's ribs just drop 1 inch?

16. KB@TB Em

KB@TB Em Regular Member

student

Ofc the draw has always to do with luck...
    But I bet Ko/Lee would have beaten Cai/Fu with ease. Koreas MX pairings are very good, but there are three pairs (Xu/Ma, Zhao/Zhang, Ahmad/Natsir) who dominate this disciplin with quite a bit distance to the rest.
    Korea team lacks in the MS, but Lee showed good performances if you consider these have been his first real tests.
    I really hoped Korea could stretch China to the last match, but after the Indonesia sweat they upped their game...
    I have to say i would like to see a group of Korea, Den, Thailand, Ina where they play each. Way more intesting than to see how overall dominant China is.

17. SolsticeOfLight

SolsticeOfLight Regular Member

I don't really agree with you. Kim Ha Na's a good player, yes, but if she insists on playing Women's Doubles in the mixed game, she'll keep losing to players who can play mixed (as will all the other female Koreans). And though the Indonesians are good, they're not really up there with the best because they lack the consistency and belief.

I'm hoping GC's announcement of a partner for LYD will procure a really good partnership, because the Danish pairings are probably past their best, and there aren't any other countries showing signs of hetero-awesomeness.

18. Jonc108

Jonc108 Regular Member

http://www.badzine.net/news/sudirman-cup-final-–-china-of-course/25729/

" ...
    When asked about his team performance in this tournament, Korean head coach Lee Deuk Choon said, “I didn’t expect my team to come this far, but the players showed great commitment and this helped the Korean team achieve this. The young Chinese men’s doubles have improved a lot this year. Our pair lost to them at the Indian Open too.

“Overall we need to improve. We are okay in the doubles categories but we are in trouble in the men’s singles. China is the best team. We have a lot of catching up to do,” concluded Lee.

China’s head coach Li Yongbo was in a joyful mood after the trophy presentation and when asked how he felt about his team performance, he said “It’s not easy to win 5 times in a row, but all credit to our players and coaches that have sacrificed a lot to the team and we are pleased to win this tournament again. We are pleased to see a lot of countries such as Thailand and Chinese Taipei have improved and we hope other countries will follow suit and challenge us in the future, it is good for badminton to have more countries to challenge for the top honors in badminton.
    On his team’s domination in the world of badminton, Li said, “We sacrificed a lot to be at this level. We deserve every medal and championship that we have won. I hope other countries will work harder to stop us, but we won’t give up our titles so easily.
    Finally, when asked whether he would help out to make badminton more competitive in other countries, he replied with a smile, “I’m always happy to help, but I’m only the Chinese head coach. I’m not working for the BWF. They have so many capable people in their team, they wouldn’t listen to me.”"

19. axl886

axl886 Regular Member

Kudos to the CHN team for dominating, but tell me why this shouldn't be a yellow card?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jWyOKRt5JN4#t=1727s

After a run of points by the KOR team to be serving 19-20 (they were down 17-20), QZH purposely raise his left arm at the moment Ko was serving. After being warned by the umpire, he walked back, threw a knowing "see what I did there!" glance at his coach, smirked and did a mini fist-pump.

Where is the honour in this kind of cheap tactics? :mad:

And I'm quite sure a couple of times, he shouted and glared menacingly at the opposition when celebrating a point. Sorry... to me, he's the most undeserving of the winning team.

#299 axl886, May 26, 2013
    Last edited: May 26, 2013
  20. visor

visor Regular Member

wow... i'm surprised i didn't see that look that he gave to his coach... that is cheap as it seems like he had planned to do it already

but that is also partly due to ko, not that i'm blaming him, but ko tends to serve without much preparation... one of the fastest to serve if not the fastest ... and often times he doesn't look up to see if his opponent is ready

so, unfortunately, the rules being as it is that the receiver controls when the serve is started, ko is always at a disadvantage in these situations... and of course when he is made to re-serve the let, 9 out of 10 times he'll lose the point [​IMG]