Armortec Yonex

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by New_Guy04, May 15, 2004.

1. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

which version of this raquet should i get? at 800 def., at 800 off., or at 700???
    i am currently using armortec 500 on bg 65. i think the head heavy feeling doesn't trouble me, soi even if i use the at 700 or something that head heavy, i think it won't be very difficult to get used to it. However, everyone's sayinjg at 800 def. is one of the best raquets yonex ever made. so, which ARMORTEC raquet should i buy.

p.s. since the armortec 800 is so new, i don't think i can acquire any to test how it feels like. so plz don't say something like 'test the raquet, and choose the one you like the most'. thx.:eek:

2. coops241180

coops241180 Regular Member

Product Owner
    <yawn>!

it doesn't matter which racquet you choose - it's the player that matters...

3. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

well....:p i'm gonna get a free one for my upcoming birthday...and better for me to choose a better raquet if ur gonna get it for free, rite? besides, my only raquet armortec 500 is getting injured... scratches everywhere and the power cap is crippled...IT CREAKS EVERYTIME AND IT IS SO ANNOYING!!!

4. Gollum

Gollum Regular Member

I don't think you understand Coops' point.

It's not true that the more expensive the racket, the better it is. There is a general correlation between price and quality, but it's quite loose. Besides, both AT800 rackets sell for the same price.

They are pretty similar specs, so I'm afraid my only advice is.....
    Test the raquet, and choose the one you like the most :D

*edit* Just noticed that the AT700 is also on your list. That makes things more interesting. The AT700 is more head-heavy, and supposed to be more for the power/singles player than the AT800, which is lighter and more evenly balanced, and therefore more maneuverable.

#4 Gollum, May 15, 2004
    Last edited: May 15, 2004
  5. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Why are you asking us to choose a racquet for you??

You can ask questions on certain products, or you can use "search" for looking up user opinions about AT700 and 800 racquets, but asking people to choose for you is just meaningless.

What are you going to do if we all tell you to go get the AT800OF, but you don't like it at all after you try it out ??

6. Feng_MP-100

Feng_MP-100 Regular Member

Student
    :D Get AT800 OF~~~

7. New_Guy04

New_Guy04 Regular Member

o ya... and which version should i get? i don't care bout the grip size, but the weight? everyone who talks bout the at series say that the weight is important. i'm using at 500 4u g4, and i'm a wrist player? recomendations plz~:p (did i spell recommend wrong?? i dun know...)

8. taneepak

taneepak Regular Member

Designing and producing quality feather shuttlecoc
    You want the best advice? Assuming you have to choose between an AT700, AT800DE and AT800OF, then the selection of your choice becomes simpler. Just go around the various badminton courts in and around your area and borrow from fellow players all these 3 racquets and test them out. If you cannot find anyone with these racquets, then wait until you do find players with all these 3 different racquets. Sometimes it is just being prudent to not be the first to go out and buy a new racquet because the forum's opinions overwhelmingly favour one over the others. A better alternative, and a more sensible one too, is to borrow these racquets from your fellow players and try them out. The advice "don't be the first to re-invent the wheel" also applies to buying expensive racquets.

9. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    new guy, i know EXACTLY what you mean... EXACTLY!
    because i just recently fell in love with the AT500cd 3ug3
    the new armotech is simply amazing! i used to use mp100CP 2ug3 and ever since i changed to AT500, there are more things i can do! so now i'm also thinking of buying AT800 DE/OF or AT700...

i asked whether anybody ever compared the AT500 with any of AT800 on the AT800 review page but i didnt get any reply... =(

so good luck and tell me what you get in the end ok? thanks man!

10. |R|S

|R|S Regular Member

Student
    currently my mind is more towards AT800DE since there are more people liking it... but if thikining in terms of head heaviness, i think the OF will be more similar to AT500...

what do you think?

11. lalanthier

lalanthier Regular Member

Student
    If I was getting a new free racquet I'd buy the AT800 DE without a second though, but that's just me.

My first question is how long have you been playing? I do understand that there are players out there who are great who are totally ignorant about the available racquets out there.

If you know your playing style, then naturally you should then figure out your racquet type. There are various reviews on the AT700, AT800 OF and DE. If you can't try out any of them - as others have said try borrowing from a friend - then base it on your reviews. I bought my MP99 strictly from reading hundreds of freviews between the MP100 and MP99 - and I'm glad I bought the racquet.

So I guess my answer to you ise: it'll probably more rewarding if you do your own research. We can recommend, and we can give you our prefferences, but in the end, the one who makes the decision is you, so if you're the one reading reviews etc., you'll get your own ideas and you'll probably make the right choice. Good luck!

12. ScarySoul666

ScarySoul666 New Member

is the AT700 similar more toward 800de or 800of?

13. dragon62

dragon62 Regular Member

I would sugguest the Armortec 800 OF, i have a 4u G5 and i find that its much lighter than the armortec500 but i can generate the same amount of power since 800of is head heavy.

if you hack the bird and scratch up the frame, i recommend you really focus on consistency because a scratched up chipped up armortec800of isnt the way to go