Custom-Made Stringing Machine Parts

Discussion in 'Badminton Stringing Techniques & Tools' started by Pete LSD, Dec 24, 2009.

1. WeeScottishLad

WeeScottishLad New Member

-
    Hey ashdelsol, I am in UK too and bought a set of the side supports from Michal yesterday, so hang fire and I'm sure he will reply to you soon.
    He did a good deal for me and is posting the supports tomorrow so I can't wait to try them out.

2. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    he has just replied now.....that was fast. Hopefully get some ordered and sent out asap....grommet access is annoying and slowing me down

3. Ashdelsol7

Ashdelsol7 Regular Member

Cad
    Just thought I would let people know that I have ordered the mounts. Michal excellent service....sent me numerous emails back and forth since I posted on here. Provided me pics of his different mounts and different sizes and also provided pics of my package ready to be sent out. If only shops provided as good a service. Looking forward to getting them mounted on my machine. Thanks again michal for a great price and excellent service

4. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Some sneak peek photos.

Had it almost for a week now and been doing quite a few rackets with it while kept fine-tuning it. Will post a detailed review soon. So far, its an improvement to the previous generation of side supports. But in the mean time, enjoy the photos. Thanks again Michal.

IMG_0830 70%.jpg
    IMG_0829 70%.jpg
    IMG_0828 70%.jpg
    IMG_0827 70%.jpg
    IMG_0825 70%.jpg

Any questions, please do ask.

Also, if you guys think the transparent bit that's "touching" the racket is some sort of rubber or something soft. Its not. It's something very hard like PCB, I've not asked Michal what it is yet but it is quite different to the PVC tubing from the previous generation side supports.

5. kwun

kwun Administrator

BC Janitor
    Ooo.... sexy.

is the plastic glued in? if not, are there risk of it sliding?

6. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

Yes, its glued upon receipt. Probably super glued on Michal's side.

7. Michal

Michal Regular Member

This is PMMA (Poly metyl methacrylate)- some sort of plexiglas. Glued with epoxy. Working on white-polyamide edition.
    Ckyew. Thanks for pics. Can you show an adapter? I have spent a lot of time to develop this improvement. I'm curiouos about the results.

8. bpman

bpman Regular Member

Hi Michal, I'm interested in your custom support.. can u pm about the cost and shipping pl?

9. Matsumo

Matsumo Regular Member

Sales Manager
    Hi Michal, me too please. I send you a mail couple of weeks ago.

Thanks in advance,

10. Mark A

Mark A Regular Member

I don't know if this counts as "custom made", but I've been asking Winston C. about the possibility of an H-piece like the Yonex one that doesn't cost an arm and a leg - the MBS-style load spreaders prevent me from clamping the top cross on the Z pattern (and my modified Meteor pattern). Thus, I chopped one "notch" off each end, and ended up with this:

SUC50141.JPG SUC50140.JPG

Just enough room to grab hold of the top cross now;)

11. Michal

Michal Regular Member

Work in progress. The interior of the plastic instead of the PVC and the colour heat shring tubes.
    Now time for my tests. After that, at the beginning of the next week, I will be ready for shipment.

The pictures show the new "rising adapters" too. Mounted between a ""turntable" and a "base". About 6mm height- it allows a instalation (using a longer screws) the low- normal side supports with the Wise2086 module- for 360' racquet rotation.
    At this moment only Pro's Pro/ Eagnas version is available. For the other (e.g Gamma or Premium Stringer machines) in the future. I need an accurate measurements.

B.JPG

A.JPG

C.JPG

12. Michal

Michal Regular Member

The test have been successful. I am very satisfied with this improvement. Some new pictures below.
    Good news for the previous buyers. New fills- interiors are compatible with most of the older side supports.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg a.jpg c.jpg d.jpg

13. marky247

marky247 New Member

corprate security officer
    Hi Michal i was given ur contact by a friend Ashdelsol7 ... i have a pro's pro stringing machine and like Ash have problems with the "k" side suports.... so i need some of your coustom made please.. asap ....

14. wirre

wirre Regular Member

Hi Michal!

One more owner of Premium Stringer 3600 who wants to upgrade with your excellent supports.
    I'm having the 'original' drop-weight version.

Please send more information about how to complete transaction.

Best regards / Mats Fagerkull

15. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Does anybody if custom side supports are "needed" for a Pro's Pro TX700 machine?
    I'm currently using a Klippermate m140 but would like to upgrade to an electronic machine (6 mounts is always better than the mere 2 on the Klippermate too). If I do upgrade, I wanna make sure I do everything the best I can so if it means upgrading the side supports then that's what I will do.

16. wirre

wirre Regular Member

They look very much like the K-supports I have on my Premium Stringer 3600. I have managed to string almost 40 rackets but it is a PITA with some shared holes and sometimes I've had to risk it and loosen up the side supports (against standard stringing recommendation).

However I have now decide enough is enough and today (!) I will order Michal Sudek supports.

YMMV / mats

17. Benito

Benito Regular Member

Why do you not use the small side of your Premium Stringer 3600 supports. I use them, they work quite well even if they are not large enough (a problem for tension around 13kg as the support tend to damage the racket)

18. Michal

Michal Regular Member

Fleet FM-101H6 (the same as Alpha Shuttle Express). Slightly shorter than usual. With new white inserts. Pictures from Taiwan (thanks to the buyer).

2013-05-24_00-04-47_661.jpg

Attached Files:

19. Udonming

Udonming Regular Member

Home made string puller, I have a spare M3 allen key
    ScreenHunter_48 May. 27 12.29.jpg

20. llpjlau

llpjlau Regular Member

Received my Michal-made custom side supports today (for my Pro's Pro XP Plus). I opted for the 'taller' side supports (7mm higher than standard).

My question is, are these side supports meant to be "auto-lift"? When I mount my racket at 12/6 o'clock as per normal then tighten the side supports, do these 'taller' side supports lift up the racket by itself?
    So is this right?
    1. Mount racket centrally and flat against the surface of the machine, tighten 12 & 6 o'clock as per normal.
    2. Tighten side supports, and racket lifts up to correct position by itself.
    3. Re-tighten 12/6 o'clock in case of slight shift from change in racket position.