Axiata Cup 2013

Discussion in '2013 Tournaments' started by quahjityau, Jan 31, 2013.

1. SendspaceMax

SendspaceMax Regular Member

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    Fully agree. I was looking forward to TS vs either LD or CWF. It would be more evenly match and exciting. Once I saw LCW in the line up I was disappointed and I think Team Thailand too.

3. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Ehhh..may I ask what should we change? Or rather what can we change?

Talking is one thing, implementing is another and I am not sure why economy is brought in here.

Anyway, you still haven't answer my question Limsy: So it's it worth it to sacrifice the glory/career of the MAS players just to slap the BAM cronies:confused:?

So, if Malaysia lost in the Sudirman Cup and all other tournaments, who's the one who is going to suffer? Ng Chin Chai? Rashid Sidek?
    But one thing I am sure is the players are the one that lose out in the end. Not the BAM cronies.

4. lcleing

lcleing Regular Member

Well, without any doubt. BAM still is and will remain to be the best place to nurture talents in many years. I completely agree with you that we are very still very new in club system and they might not have a complete training regime to bring out the best of the shuttlers. However, I think this is a good start and hopefully it would be able to work with/complement or provide a healthy rivalry with BAM just to keep BAM on their feet.

To be honest, having heard and see so many potential players just got wasted away by all the irresponsible talent scouts and system manipulation just sometime make you lose faith in the current national selection system. For the talent scouts to openly asked the young shuttlers' parent to "sponsor" something to the organisers seem to have become the norm these days. Anyone who pays the tribute will get some extra benefit in the tournament (easier draw, getting the last ticket for selection, etc.) I just hope that with the rise of local clubs, those more deserving kids will have another platform to showcase their talent rather than having to wait for another year to "impress" those talent scouts from BAM for the national/state selection process.

Enough rambling from me:cool:. Maybe you are right. Sidek family is totally on their own and Misbun, Razif and Rahman's departure from BAM is totally because of irreconcilable differences between them and the management regarding about the training programme and not on other issues like what I heard from. I shall stop here as I will admit that I do not know much about Sidek's history with BAM. If I have said anything that appeared offensive, I apologize:eek:.

5. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Sort of, Parliment has been dissolved, so I suppose technically she is no more Prime Minister's wife. She may or may not be continue to be PM's wife, depending on outcome of the elections in 2 weeks time.
    She is still of course BAM patron

6. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Thanks for the info :)

7. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman
    aiyo....economics and politics are brought into badminton....:confused::rolleyes:

8. visor

visor Regular Member

whether you ignore it or whether you're not aware of it, economics and politics occur in every level of our lives... including work, livelihood, etc. ;)

9. danielwong

danielwong Regular Member

Salesman

but in this specific thread....the position of Kak Ros are been discussed...is it necessary????;) of course some might want to know who she is....but a simple explaination will do, i think.....PM's Wife, BAM patron.....

10. tao888

tao888 New Member

IT
    Lee Chong Wei shouldnt played in final because he didnt play from the start.. Malaysia still can win without LCW in Axiata Cup

11. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    they on the same ship,they sail or sink together.
    they should take the un-planned tournament participation/politic in bam/misused of budget as a whole package as they made their choice.
    if they suffer by the choice they made and yet stick still with the bam,then let them be.
    why sympathy?
    everyone need to take responsibility for the decision they make.
    ckb,tcs,zakry/fairuz all won title outside bam,so do zulfadli
    even vountus who the coach say dont have the quality beat the 'quality player' of bam in tournament.

if people sayang about player and hope they will excel(they excelled and save bam cronies ass),then who get benefit?chan/goh fight all the way through to world top 5,when come to yonex special sponsorship?what happen at the end?what bam did to them?

#232 limsy, Apr 16, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2013
  12. pajrul

pajrul Regular Member

her name is Reem Shahwa .. she is malay