Easiest racket for a real beginner?

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by SSSSNT, Mar 10, 2013.

1. SSSSNT

SSSSNT Regular Member

What do you think is the easiest racket for a real beginner who has weak arm and just learning the techniques of badminton? I know any racket would be okay but It helps if as she learns, she can make the shuttlecock go farther because so far she is discouraged as she find her racket hard to use and the shuttle often doesn't go past the net from back court.

What's the perfect racket/string/tension?

2. slowmotion

slowmotion Regular Member

Student
    Victor Explorer 6550 or 6250. Price is affordable, racket is very flexible and as such allows her to generate more power. Take the 4U weight because it'll be lighter for her. For string, Victor VS-850 should be good as it is pretty durable. For tension, 20-22 lbs should be good enough. All the best!

3. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    I would recommend a slightly headheavy and flex racket like VT3 (3U). String BG65 @ 20lbs should be fine. Don't make sense for me to recommend a beginner a high end string. A light racket feels generally better, but she will suffer during overhead shots because of the low weight.
    But beside the racket it's important to praise her, when she performs a good shot for her abilities and you must have patience. Something some nice words are more important then a racket.

4. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    arcsaber002

5. greblu

greblu Regular Member

Student
    Racket: Karakal BN 60
    String : Yonex NBG 98 at 22 lbs
    --> light and head heavy racket, with a soft and powerful String.

6. Linsanity

Linsanity Regular Member

Also in a similar situation with planning to get a racquet for my girlfriend. So sounds like best option is something along these lines, light 4u racquet with head heavy balance, good flex,high repulsion strings strung at 22lbs?

Anyone recommend a racquet that also has "cute" girly looks? She loves pretty things.

7. Gunnersfan

Gunnersfan Regular Member

Student
    it's hard to find cute girly colour racket, as far as i know, i only can see Arcsaber 3FL and 9FL have the cute girly looks as they really made for girls....
    maybe arcsaber 002 looks good for girl because of the bright yellow colour??

8. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional

the older version of arc002 is white and a bit of red, maybe that's girly???

9. lorus_blue

lorus_blue Regular Member

even if you let her use the lightest and strongest rackets around it will still feel heavy, teach her first the basics and the essentials of the game, from there you may start to look for the right racket for her style, of course this is just my own opinion....

10. Gunnersfan

Student
    maybe, but is there any still selling at the stores??
    most stores that i go only have the yellow one.....

11. karyaw

karyaw Regular Member

Students
    go for Prince Oversize Tour, is a good begineer. As it has the oversize frame which give beginner to hit the shuttlecock easier as the sweetspot is larger too. And the racket is light and flexible.

12. faizaltahir

faizaltahir Regular Member

student
    tq for the suggestion..

13. faizaltahir

faizaltahir Regular Member

student
    Agreed with your opinion..

14. shuttlekar

shuttlekar Regular Member

hi there! just started badmintion and i don't have a racket yet too, using my frds at the moment. what are the factors that i should look out for: eg: price, weight, brand etc? thanks!

15. Gunnersfan

Student
    imo, i very agree with what lorus_blue said, focus on the basics like hitting technique and footwork....
    learn more about the game first.....
    when you improve your game, im sure you'll get a new one....
    for very beginner level, a normal graphite racket would do, no need to spend so much.....
    if you want a branded one, lower line arcsabers, lining HC/UC seriers and victor explorer series would be more than enough......
    if you want to get a cheaper one, try apacs, SOTX and etc.....
    for beginner, an even balance and medium flex good enough....

16. shuttlekar

shuttlekar Regular Member

hi gunnersfan,

thanks very much for the advice :) will be checking some out this weekend at queensway , if you guys have any recommendations where to buy, it would be deeply appreciated.

17. Gunnersfan

Student
    welcome......
    good luck with your new racket...:)

18. Boggieeiggob

Boggieeiggob Regular Member

For absolute beginners, I'd say anything at sports direct will do nicely, and using something like Bg65 or Nanogy 98 (if I spelt that right) at a low tension should do fine. If you want to be a bit pedantic, when you pick up the racquet, take a look at the flex and the balance on the racquet. Beginners generally want a more flexible and even (or if you're daring, head heavy) racquet to help them generate power along with a low string tension. If you don't understand what the U and G system is, then in a nutshell, basically the higher the U number, the light it is. So e.g, 5U is lighter than 4U. But you generally find mostly 3U's in the Uk. Dno about other places. The higher the G number, the smaller the handle size.
    in terms of Gorky racquets, then the only ones I can thing of are Arcsaber 9fl, 8DX (in red), 3FL and the Li Ning N60. As far as I'm aware, the N60 and the 9fl were made for girls but they're quite expensive, especially for beginners

19. vile10

vile10 Regular Member

victor super nano 7 or super nano 6 with stiffer mid

20. ah.b|ack

ah.b|ack Regular Member

Graphic Designer
    My thought, is that you should bring her to the shop, get all the 4U, mid flex / flex racket from a few brands (yonex, victor, carlton, etc) and lay them all on a table. Let her choose what she likes at the first sight, and let her has a few swings with it.

I think choosing a racket is more about feeling than just purely based on the racket's spec. Even she choose something that is not really "handle-able" for herself, she's still going to adjust herself for the racket. So I think rather than choose something you think it's good for her based on the spec sheet, let her choose what she likes.

As for string, bg65ti is a good start, durable and cheap. As for tension, my guess is around 20-22lbs.

I would do that to my wife, if she's into badminton XD Or in the future, my children if they are interest in badminton like I do.

Anyway, happy hunting!!