Sotx Woven 9 replacement

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by Wong8Egg, Mar 18, 2013.

1. Wong8Egg

Wong8Egg Regular Member

Hi all,

I have been using the SOTX woven 9 for quite sometimes and absolutely loving it. Unfortunately, the North America reseller doesn't seem to carry it anymore.

What would you guys recommend as a replacement? I am looking for something at similar specs and price (around 100$ USD).

Thanks!

2. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

If I recall, the Woven 9 is kind of light, even balanced to slightly head heavy, mid stiff?

I was looking for an adult sized racket for my kid and found a good sale on Babolat's N-Force series at Source for Sports (I know that store exists in Toronto). There is four or five rackets in that series with varying weights, balances and flexibilities. All under $80. If you can find them, you can swing 'em about and see what you think. I would guess that the N-Force Lite might be a good match for your Woven 9.

3. cobalt

cobalt Moderator

Yes
    [MENTION=7559]Wong8Egg[/MENTION] an AT900T would be a great replacement! :D

If not, I think you should try and test-drive one of the newer Panda racquets - the Precision Pro or the Revelation. I'd venture a guess that the Revelation would be a closer match, given that it is like the W9, a fully woven racquet.
    [MENTION=32159]Fidget[/MENTION], the Woven9 is not exactly light or head-light either, you can get them at 86-89 grams and 290-300 BP dry specs. The shaft itself is pretty darn stiff but none of this prevents the racquet from being very fast and responsive and extremely stable.

4. Fidget

Fidget Regular Member

My bad.:-( I misremembered the W9. What a great series of rackets overall, though!

5. milton

milton Regular Member

You can still buy the sotx woven series of rackets from e78.com