Yonex Workmanship Issue?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Footwear' started by raymond, Feb 24, 2013.

1. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Recently (about 3 weeks ago) bought a pair of new shoes (Yonex Power Cushion SHB-SC6EX Ocean Blue) for my kid. One night just before a major tournament when she's practicing in the gym, she found the sole of her new shoes separated from the top. Given she trains about 4 times a week, and only wears her shoes for badminton, this is an alarming rate of breakage.

Prior to this pair, she'd a seemingly early breakage with her Yonex SHB-86EX 2012 Black/Orange, which got holes in multiple places.

Did anyone have a similar bad experience? And in the first incidence, would there be a case for warranty claim (on workmanship)?

2. ckyew

ckyew Regular Member

The 86 is quite famous for having holes in them after heavy use. Even the 65FT which is its Japanese counter part is also susceptible to this as well.

may have been its design but I'm sure as all comfy shoes, they're less durable compared to tougher shoes.

3. Makkein

Makkein Regular Member

Maybe it's time to switch to a different brand?

4. raymond

raymond Regular Member

Top Secret
    Shoes poblem strikes again!

Last time it was my kid (see my original post about 1 year ago). This time it's me!

It's Yonex Power Cushion SHB-SC6EX Ocean Blue still. I thought the sole separation thing was a pure bad luck - we just happen to have one that sneaked past their QA, but otherwise it's a good pair. After all, it's selling at almost most expensive price here.

I bought the same model just a few months ago. Since then I'd been having ankle roll/twist problems now and then, left and right. I didn't recall having this problem with my last pair. Certainly, I'm now looking for another pair from another brand (maybe Victor), even though my Yonex still looks very new.

Does anyone have similar experience with this model?

5. visor

visor Regular Member

Had the SC5EX, sole was fine but the big toe area of the trailing shoe that comes into contact with the ground had a gaping hole after only 6 months.