Just Posted!! NS-7000 in my hands!!

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by bluejeff, Nov 29, 2004.

1. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Here is the string pattern that came with the NS7000. I think it's the same as AT800 :)

Attached Files:

2. bluejeff

bluejeff Regular Member

Developer
    Here are extra pictures :)

Notice the #1 shows you the holes of the racket. One string per hole style (as AT800)

#2 shoes you there is MP bump on each grommet that has a string around it. (See the center of the picture)
    #3 and #4 shows you the shaft paint. (Those pictures are hard to take as the paint of NS7000 shines a lot.)

Attached Files:

3. fishmilk

fishmilk Regular Member

Student
    bluejeff, when you get a chance, do you mind comparing them to the cab30ms and maybe the mp100 if you can... i was planning to get those 2, but i'm getting second thoughts if i should get the nanospeed or not...

4. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT

I got mine a week ago but was really busy these days so still have no chance to play with it until now. Will try tomorrow to see how it performs. I'm also a MP99 lover and your preliminary comments disappointed me somwhat (it is an expensive racket, especially yen has been up so much these days).

My source told me that NS8000/9000 will be available earlier next year (my source said the next one will be released on Jan-05).

5. kenshinluo

kenshinluo Regular Member

i think many ppl asked alrdy but can u tell us where did u order those in japan?????
    i think many ppl asked alrdy but can u tell us where did u order those in japan?????

6. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Ricky:
    I really enjoy reading your reports like enjoy reading bluejeff's. Very professional. Please do it fast with as much coverage as possible. Please compare to Ti10, MP99, AT700, 800of. If possible compare to Ncode of Wilson, please.
    Best regards
    Redkingjoe
    (ps 1 I know you are busy, but please try your best to break-in the strings before testing 2. Will you get a NS7000CP later? )

#86 redkingjoe, Dec 6, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 6, 2004
  7. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    Thx redkingjoe but I'm really that professional as you thought.

I finally got a chance to try my NS7000. My initial comment is more or less the same as others. As I said before, I'm a MP90 lovers and it is my primary racket since it launched, so I can only compare it with MP90, but not other rackets as you mentioned (especially Wilson).

1st of all, NS7000 is quite different from Ti-10, AT700 and AT800DF - all these are offensive rackets which a lot of power (assume you can play really good smash). In contrast, I would say NS7000 is primarily a defensive and control racket. So, I think it is better to compare it with rackets such as MP80, AT800DF, ISO900 SR/SA, TiSP SR/SA, etc.

While NS7000 is not very powerful as Ti-10 type offensive rackets, but it is more powerful than MP80, ISO900 SA and TiSP SA imo. I think it's power is more or less the same as ISO900 SR or TiSP SR, and behind AT800DF.

In compare with those defensive rackets I just mentioned, I think NS7000 has higher manuverability, even though I found that I can't get use to the racket in 2 hours (I miss-hit a lot of times). However, I did feel I can reacted faster when playing defensive shoot due to the head light balance. My coach also said that the racket feels very smooth with almost no air resistance.

Let's try to compare it with MP90 ...

MP90 is a very well balanced racket - highly manuverable which provides great advantage on defense, but at the same time, can give very powerful smash as well. That's why I like it so much. Based on my 1st time experience with NS7000, I would say it still can't match MP90 (but not too far behind).

In terms of manuverability, I would say they are more or less the same but as I mentioned before, I found that I still can't fully get use to NS7000 after two hours, so do expect there are some differences b/w two.

For stiffness, I think MP90 is stiffer (may be this is one of the reasons why two rackets have different feel).

For powerful, MP90 definitely wins.

In summary, the biggest advantage of NS7000 imo, is its high maunverability due to head light balance, so it gives you very fast response in defense, and at the same time, can give adequate power. However, if you are offensive player which smash a lot and are looking for a powerful racket such as Ti10, NS7000 will likely disappoint you imo.

8. Ricky

Ricky Regular Member

IT
    A few remarks - I've another newly string MP99 that night (same string at same tension from the same stringer), so the factor of break-in strings should be balanced off.

For CP, it will definitely be available within a few months, but honest speaking, I became less enthusiastic to CP rackets these days (fyi, I didn't but AT800CP myself even though I had been offered when they were 1st available in HK).

9. redkingjoe

redkingjoe Guest

CPA
    Dear Ricky,
    Thank you so much for your kindness. It's really enjoyable to read each of your report. (I don't know why may be because everytime you write report, you have a very clear reference ponts to readers.)

Please update your feels on the NS7000. I remember it took 2 full months of play before my son "fell in love" with AT700. At first, he didn't like AT700.

So I think I'm waiting for your NS8000 and NS9000 reports in Jan 2005.

thank Q
    red

#89 redkingjoe, Dec 9, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2004