DENMARK SS Premier 2012 : Semi Final Day (20-Oct-2012)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2012' started by nokh88, Oct 19, 2012.

1. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT

May be in your eyes it was not luck for LXR. In my eyes she still needs to prove herself. No doubt she is one of the best. But to judge a player as a whole, one season is not enough. A player is called or can be called the best only if he/she is able to repeat the feats every season and be consistent in winning. Like WYH. She is one of the most consistent players I have seen.

Now, when I say sportsmanship I am talking about a player's behaviour on and off the court. If you see LCW, PG, LD etc they all are good players on court and off the court they are good friends and are on a better talking terms. Even on the court after the match they acknowledge each other and even share a few good words over the net. WS lack that kind of camaraderie which we see in MS. None WS player does that except for TB. They dont even share a smile let alone words.

Now coming to I calling WYH being arrogant, you would know if you have seen her post match conference during London OG. She said SN only won the Bronze medal because WX got injured. Its debatable whether SN would have won the match if WX was not injured. But she is certainly capable of making a come back. WYH may be frank about it but its not a good PR.

A player is considered to be a good sportsman/sportswomen when he/she not only plays better but also acknowledges and shows respect to his/her opponents. WYH is better player but not a good sportswoman because she doesnt possess sportsmanship and she is arrogant.

I hope you agree with this, if not no hard feelings. Its just my opinion.

2. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    On the words over the net, CHN players probably don't speak English. LCW can speak a little of English to PG and of course Mandarin to CHn players.

3. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

Then here's my opinion. I'm just feeling is unfair for her to be said lucky for winning a gold medal. She definitely need to prove herself, especially after what we've seen her playing lately.

Next, they actually are quite close friends together, including LXR and WYH. That's what i see from their microblogs, and from WYH interviews. I dont think WYH manage a smile after the lose to LXR after OG finals, because she has wanted the gold medal so badly.

Instead of arrogant, I think she's more to feeling bad for WX when saying so. Her words werent really nice but seeing a friend from your country get injured quite badly, is quite tough for anyone.

these's just my personal view, and i'm saying all these because WYH is really a player that i respect so much, and i hope she wont be judged by a few lines she said

4. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

It appears that the whole China team is in a bit of a disarray after the Olympics when they reaped a bumper harvest far exceeding their goals and expectations. Not only the players,particularly their gold medallists, but also the coaches including Li Yongbo himself are giving themselves a well-deserved long break. Lin Dan himself is on long leave and will likely not play in the Superseries Final as reported. Cai Yun injured his shoulder in his very first match and tournament. Li Xuerui lost three times in three events. Zhao Yunlei is off-form partnering Tian Qing in WD and then in the XD. Chen Jin since before the Olympics is still not himself. While Wang Xin is nursing her Olympic injury, Wang Yihan today sustained hers. Even their second stringers are not performing quite as they usually do.

It is high time for Li Yongbo to gather the whole team for a crisis management meeting and put things back on track before the situation spirals out of control or things are going to get worse before they get better. For a start, damage control is the order of the day, do a thorough analysis of where the problem lies and nip it in the bud. Maybe things aren't that serious yet but something has to be done about it to restore the right balance and steady the ship. Meanwhile, the slackening is a bit too worrisome to say the least. Wake up, CBA!

5. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    a smile, a nod, a clap can convey much more than words. i believe language is over rated for communication. non verbal communication is a large part.
    an example - there are always some points in a game that u win by luck. for example your smash hits the tape and just tumbles over. i have seen WYH celebrate it like a point won by skill. I have seen lcw be quiet or raise his hand apologetically.
    to me this is the difference. Lin Dan is like LCW in many respects. but i dont like the attitude of WYH in this regard.

6. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT

Thanks for pointing that out. Mistake on my part for assuming they can speak a common language. But still there is universal language called smile and handshake which doesnt require them to speak. When I see a WS match its like

SN
    Mission: beat the Chinese Players
    Outcome: Lost, 95%
    Reason: they were better players

Chinese Players
    Mission: beat SN and rest of the World
    Outcome: Won, 95%
    Reason: we were better players

LOL! Thats how I see it. There is nothing else to their game.

7. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I am off for today and may not be around for tomorrow's matches. We are also celebrating a Birthday tomorrow (today) in the family, same day as LCW.

#327 nokh88, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  8. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    I think the percentage is beginning to change.

9. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Thinking such as this gives more reason to fake an injury, Definitely unless a match point is won nobody wins it but the walkovers, conceding a match is counted as others win for the same reason, if anyone couldnt continue for any unfortunate reasons we may sympathize with them but never ever can take anything away from the other player. I would just like to ask you if a player is 21-0, 20-0 down and fakes an injury say stomach-ache or just slips to the court and couldnt continue by your logic you dont count this match at all? isnt it unfair to players who play with the spirit of the game? If this would be the case we would hardly see a complete match ever it would only be when its 20-20 in the rubber game that we would see a complete match.
    You surely have set some high standards or easy approach to evade give excuses for a loss.

You dint wanted to bring Wang Xin here well said then, but in both case it wasnt SN who had to concede any match. injury to anyone is unfortunate so you leave that out but the results speak out for themselves. the scoreline then and now would always read SN won the matches, if anyone has to say anybody got lucky or unlucky and put in iffs and buts its their wish and that hardly matters anyways.

#329 gopalprasad, Oct 20, 2012
  10. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    Atleast you admit you need to bring on an army against one player :)

Thats how I see it, theres nothing else....

11. gopalprasad

Software Architect
    Somewhere I feel bad for LXR. Yes her achievements being attributed to luck. Poor girl gave in everything, was almost invincible her H2H against all players prove this, climbed up the ranks to be able to compete in the Olympics if you are a CHN the competition could be very tough you know.
    Anyways she has the medals for the record and others could just say anything they wish to but they can never take out the results from her.

12. phil-mm

phil-mm Regular Member

None
    Oh wow, the Japanese ladies have won yet again.
    Didn't expect to say this one more time, tonight, with the opponents being TQ/ZYL.
    Ran out of jumping smileys to paste, so [​IMG].
    Gonna have to skip the Deathly Hallows 2 tomorrow and watch the rerun instead, but it should be well worth the sacrifice.
    Ayaka's arm looked as though it was about to stop listening to her commands.
    There must a way to siphon off all the lactic acid.
    I guess they will probably need to rotate the backline duties in the final match to minimise fatigue.
    demolidor must be kicking himself for not PAWing the right pair :D.
    Anyway, wow [​IMG].

13. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    if u are one of the badminton player,u should be comitted to keep urself ready to tournament.

if u only treat badminton as a tool,then better get lost from badminton circuit.

did u ever see peter said: oh,i lack of practise because i am busy to publish my book!.
    those excuses only show how u treat ur badminton and show what kind of people are u.

14. naistav

naistav Regular Member

But Peter did say similar thing in his FB:
    "[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]Hey Guys, well, unfortunately things didn't go as planned in my first round match yesterday against Soroubh Varma from India. I lost my match 18-21 14-21. I knew there was a risk of this happen,[/FONT] since my preps hasn't been like the would normally be[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]. But i wasn't feeling that good on court yesterday and Varma made it very difficult for me, playing a clever game.."
    [/FONT]My disclaimer: this[FONT=lucida grande, tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif] is not intended to put discredit to the great Peter. He will always be the legend :D[/FONT]

15. Licin

Licin Regular Member

Student
    I agree with you, in some senses, yes it is giving LCW a Wedding Prize, however it is all done in favor for CBA future in order to groom their backup shuttler, provided CBA coach could give instruction to DPY to force LCW to be all out, it is a difficult task though.

#335 Licin, Oct 20, 2012
  16. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    how about the bold part?

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Ha ha.. Good joke of the year. Have you realised the true colours of your chinese counterparts. Before pointing others, let you correct yourself or correct your chinese badminton system. I dont have doubt the way they sacrifice themselves for badminton but i have also heard the way they throw games against each other and giving a walkover or blaming others if they have beaten them. OR highlighting of all, they fear for loss. I bet you that you wont reject all these things. Before joining this forum, i have read all the forum topics and i found you are a long time badminton fan. You might have realised by now how come these things happening in recent times.

18. naistav

naistav Regular Member

Yes. He admitted both lack of preparation and Varma played very good that day.

19. skchen

skchen Regular Member

Consultant
    KKK/TBH failed again at the last hurdle against SBC/YYS (U).
    What a shame after their brilliant performance against MB/CM (S1) in the SF.

20. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

Inadvertently committed a common grammatical error - Should be 'Alan and I are just having a banter', i.e. 'I' as subject, not 'me' as object.