DENMARK SS Premier 2012 : Semi Final Day (20-Oct-2012)

Discussion in 'Dutch Open / Denmark Open 2012' started by nokh88, Oct 19, 2012.

1. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

Too many functions, etc,etc for OG Gold medalists perhaps? And the silver medalists also accompany the Gold medalist to the functions?
    I'm not talking about LD & XXF's wedding.

2. topseed

topseed Regular Member

Self made
    Hey bro , calm down please .

At the end of the day, Saina was superior whether its conceded or a normal.Saina got what she wanted (to be in final tomorrow).

Same wise WYH has all rights to protect herself from acquiring any serious injury . So that's very much fair on her stand . She might thought denmark open /Saina is not worth to play with any small pain in her knee that would lead to serious injury tomorrow.

Without knowing the extend of injury, how can you accuse a top player like WYH like that ?

After all beating Saina is not even a fun for her . (after having last laugh in Olympics and H2H record)

3. gopalprasad

gopalprasad Regular Member

Software Architect
    Sorry, if I sounded like one and I shouldnt really have brought down an analogy with WYH as example here when I wanted to say that excuses are aplenty, its just how a player really reflects in themselves which matters....

Definitely what WYH did was best for her and I sincerely wish WYH fast recovery....

4. Giga01

Giga01 Regular Member

Sad to see two top players getting injured during this competition. Was it like this after 2008 OG also? I can imagine many players "slacking off" after an OG and not taking care of their bodies so much, especially medalist like Cai Yun and WYH. Hopefully their injuries are not too serious...

And let's hope Saina is able to keep the momentum from the first set to the finals.

5. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one

Ha ha... H2H records are nothing in badminton world. Dont simply take and that protect your diplomacy. Hee hee. If you people lose, this is because you got injury. Ha ha.. If somebody lose it, this is because your supremacy. Good tactical players. Ha ha, if you people dont seem like playing with saina, just go and rest in your city. Playing drama will not do good to your laurels. Just one thing to remember to you. See, how your another drama queen wang shixian would show her tactical play in french open. Guys.. Another drama is going to happen in france. Lets watch there.

6. eaglehelang

eaglehelang Regular Member

After LD gave the cold water stomach ache reason for walkover during Spore SS, not surprising people will find hard to believe in future matches. Plus all the many reasons of various China players over the years, at times weird, at times hilarious sounding. Like they said, boy who cry wolf.

7. Justin L

Justin L Regular Member

When the Chinese makes a clean sweep of the titles, they are blamed for being too dominant;when they don't,they are also taken to task. Whatever they do are just not right for some people. For China, it is if you do you're damned,if you don't you're damned.

Don't forget, WYH has lost to her junior,LXR, 4 times. Which is worse - losing once to Saina here or four times to LXR including the Olympic gold? You think she cannot take it? What about her 2010 Uber Cup debacle that cost China the coveted team title? How did she face it? - we all know.

8. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT
    I am loving this verbal battle between fans of WYH trying to defend her against rest of the world... LOL! WYH is the best in the current generation of WS. Period. But I dont like her even a single bit for she is too arrogant and has no sportmen spirit what so ever. I didnt know I would say this to any player, I am glad she lost the gold medal. She never deserved to win that medal anyways for what she is as a sportwomen. She may be a best player on court but still in my eyes she will never deserve that medal.... The only thing is that I would have rather loved to see WX winning that medal than the "one season wonder kid" LXR who just comes of oblivion and dashes every other player's hopes who have been preparing for 4 years. LXR just rode on her good form and luck that comes once in a life time, thats it. But she is still young and she can prove me wrong with a comeback (in terms of form).

But yeah in a sense WYH did the right thing by excusing herself from the match in order protect her career. Every player has a right to give up if they feel they are worsening their injury and WYH is no different. Dont say that players from other countries didnt give up a match for the same reasons as WYH because there are many players who did that and are not chinese. Do not target WYH unfairly. I know the use of the term "unfair" for a chinese player is a bit ironic but we need to see this incident objectively.

Anyways, I am happy for SN who has improved her game considerably and I hope to see her beat WYH in her next encounter.

#308 rahuldarga, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  9. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

Honestly, WSX will be the last player I'll call tactical player. Bcos she dont really listen to her coach "tactic", if she does, she'll no long play in the way she's playing now.

10. george@chongwei

george@chongwei Regular Member

Perhaps they are too tired of badminton already? After 4 years of preparation for OG comes to an end.

11. topseed

topseed Regular Member

Self made
    Okay . I'm not ready to argue with a closed mindset person like you .

You are as arrogant as Saina , you guys will be shown reality soon.

12. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    OT, aren't you watching Arsenal?

13. mcdogoo

mcdogoo Regular Member

I second what Topsee say above.

Saina is playing well and improving all the time, people should be glad what Saina has achived, not bitter towards her opponent.

14. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    @rahuldarga

What do you mean by " Anyways, I am happy for SN who has improved her game considerably and I hope to see her beat WYH in her next encounter. " . This game itself a victory for saina. Great victory to her kit. She is world no.4 beating world no.1 with handy difference. I hope her to beat yihan in china open again this november and in the bwf superseries finals.

15. Pakito

Pakito Regular Member

service consultant
    That's right. You don't have to put down your idol's opponent to stamp your mark. Losing is part and parcel of a maturing champion. I have seen people at the courts never attempting to play against better players for fear of losing, which is totally ridiculous if you want to improve. Just like Namewee using LCW to popularize himself and his talents, he put down LD and LCW has to apologize for it. It's this narrow mindedness of people supporting their idols in the only way they can think of, that is to put down your idol's opponents on court. Dare to lose ... if you want to win.

16. echo17

echo17 Regular Member

I'm nt a big fan or LXR, bt wat she did in olympics isnt just "luck". And no offence, u dont know a thing about WYH. No sportsmanship? This is the last term i'll describe her. The person u r talking about, take and accept every defeat and come back even stronger. And why is she being called "arrogant"?

17. scorpion1

scorpion1 Regular Member

Exciting one
    Mind your tongue. If you spit words, we wont simply watch you doing that. Already we have seen your drama a lot. We dont need to see you people acting in badminton arena and spoiling that quality. Playing is our habit. Acting is your people's habit not playing.

18. nokh88

nokh88 Regular Member

Badminton Trainee
    We don't know what is her injury and whether she can take part in CO and SSF. Let's wait for the report.

#318 nokh88, Oct 20, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2012
  19. rahuldarga

rahuldarga Regular Member

IT

You are right that SN was a better player today. But I consider a victory only if the match is completed especially if the opponent is of WYH's calibre. We all know WYH is a three set player and she is very capable of making a come back. If you have seen 2011 Indonesian open final you would know that. SN lost to WYH in three sets 3 times and I think, someone correct me if I am wrong, WYH won those after being a set down.

I would also like to ask you one question, you are saying SN won this match because she was a better player in the first game. Then I will say that SN never won the bronze medal as WX was a better player in first game in that match... Would you accept that?

So in badminton, I never consider a victory unless someone wins a match point. We all know that almost all the top 10 players have the capability to make a comeback after being a game down and even have 2 or 3 match points against them. Especially SN, WYH, WX and WSX.

20. abans

abans Regular Member

IT
    A letter

To,
    LYB
    Proprietor (aka Coach)
    The 'China' Shop

Subj: Breakage

Dear Sir,
    It has come to my attention that our bull has now broken two of your top pieces in the China shop in the past 4 months. I heartily apologise for this. Our bull was merely toying with them and did not realise that the pieces were so fragile.
    As a gesture of goodwill, we are sending 20 tubes of crazy glue, made in China ofcourse.
    I am aware of the china shop rules - if you break it, you gotta buy it. I am more than happy to take the two afore-mentioned pieces and offer adequate compensation.
    Thanking you,
    Yours Truly,
    P. Gopichand
    Sole Proprietor,
    India Bulls Trading Company

PS: this is meant to be a humor cum satirical piece