What's up with malaysian shirts?

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by ironchef, Oct 28, 2004.

1. meeya

meeya Regular Member

i see....but in what capacity are they employed by these firms? i remember reading lee wan wah skipped the malacca open to play for his employer in an interbank tournament. he's paid to compete for this bank? :confused:

2. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

Plus, Malaysian players wear oversized shirts on court. Look at Lee/Choong at major tournaments, the shirts look kind of cheap and "too big". Malaysia team is one of my favourites and I really like to see them dress "well" on court.

3. ksooi

ksooi Regular Member

Entreprenuer

He doesn't really work in a bank.....he is on their payroll....and yes he has to represent the bank in inter-bank tournaments....if i am not mistaken that is the terms of their sponsorship.....same goes for the other players...

4. meeya

meeya Regular Member

i see. well, i do hope they get new shirts soon especially if yonex sponsors them next year. :) I feel especially bad for the women players having to wear oversized shirts. :(

5. ironchef

ironchef Regular Member

Oh yeah, how come I sometimes see the yonex logo on their shirts, and sometimes i don't? Like sometimes it appears to be a patch underneath the flag symbol...do some of the players have different sponserships than others? Like is Roslin Hashim sponsered by yonex while the other players are sponsered by Gosen? I know Roslin is on Yonex's advisory committee...

6. wood_22_chuck

wood_22_chuck Regular Member

Electronics Technologist
    The Malaysian national team is sponsored by Gosen. The other badminton academy Nusa Mahsuri (?), run by Misbun Sidek (of which Roslin belongs to) is sponsored by Yonex.

-dave

7. ironchef

ironchef Regular Member

Who else is part of Nusa Mahsuri? And are they part of the national team also? Cause I saw Misbun and Yap Kim Hock coaching Wong Choong Hann at 2003 World Championships.

8. SiMpLe^^gAl

SiMpLe^^gAl Regular Member

Izzit? Malaysia is the only nation sponsored by Gosen I think. Almost all the other nations got sponsorship from Yonex. If Malaysia team will be sponsored by Yonex, that means new shirts for them for sure. Hey that means they will not be using the old shirt! I regretted on not asking for Choong Hann's shirt when I last met him.:crying: I only got KKK's.

Anyway the usual Proton Eon still will be in the new design. I heard that Magnum is sponsoring the team too! That means one more tag on the shirt. That means all Malaysian shuttlers have to be a real walking advertisment as said b4! Hope they'll come our with the design in the colour other than white. I'm quite sick of seeing the white shirt with blue colar. Only the Nusah Mahsuri's has different designs than the white and blue.

9. SiMpLe^^gAl

SiMpLe^^gAl Regular Member

Only Roslin n Hafiz r from Nusa Mahsuri (I mean for the senior squad). Misbun is our national team's coach.

10. Kamen

Kamen Regular Member

Self-Employed
    After so many posts about the "bad taste" shirt, i am puzzled that no one mentioned about the RED shorts. It looks awful on LWW/CTF! :crying:

Personally, I like the Danish and US designs.

11. tama-aki

tama-aki Regular Member

Grad student
    Bad design

Honestly, I think Malaysia shirts are the worst design among all players/countries. Even plain black like the English normally wear looks much better than Malaysia's.

They get great sponsors too, surely they can afford someone to design the shirt. The shirts do affect the look of the handsome and cute Malaysian players :D

12. chibe_K

chibe_K Regular Member

I agree completely, and not dressing well on TV indeed has negative impact on the country's image. Mal players are world class professional athletics, but they look like street players with current shirts.

13. meeya

meeya Regular Member

btw, does anyone know the material used for the malaysian shirts? it looks like cotton, while the shirts used by countries sponsored by yonex looks quite stiff....

14. FEND.

FEND. Regular Member

Full Time Badmintoncentral.com/forums camper. Part
    Cotton. That's why you see they become thunderclouds after an intense game.

15. ants

ants Regular Member

Entrepreneur , Modern Nomad
    Actually the color fades after around 10 washing. The quality is not so good comapre to those of Yonex's cotton shirts.