APACS fan club

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by clearng, Dec 13, 2006.

1. lun2634

lun2634 Regular Member

@gunnersfan
    @shooting stroke

i guess i m an offensive player after read the reply from both u..haha..therefore i have to start looking for head heavy racket..oh yeah!!

2. P8nguin

P8nguin Regular Member

Manager
    Any good recommendation for stiff shaft + head light + 2U/3U, similar to YY NS9990? I can't seem to see 1 within the whole range of their rackets. Only spotted a few super light ones (5U/6U), which I'm not keen. Thanks.

3. jerby

jerby Regular Member

maybe a lethal 100 or slayer99? I think they're pretty fast and definately not headheavy

4. wuzent

wuzent Regular Member

student
    tantrum 200, stiff shaft and head light, mine have balance point below 280mm.

5. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

Just wondering how some people can be sent free rackets for reviewing! I don't mind reviewing apacs rackets for free either! They have nice feel and colouring for those that I have seen and used b4.

6. gaiijin11

gaiijin11 New Member

Student
    Hey guys, Any reviews for Finapi 101? Thanks in advance!

7. spyweb

spyweb Regular Member

Any reviews on the Apacs Slayer 95?

8. antrom2015

antrom2015 New Member

Hi all,

I heard about APACS recently and want to become a fan. Currently I am using Voltric Z Force, Armortec 900 and Arc z Slash of Yonex (I am offensive player) so could anyone please guide me if APACS has some versions that is similar ( around 80%/90%) to those racquets. Yonex is good but too expensive for me. Thanks a lot for your reply.

9. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

Lethal series are stiff and head heavy, similar to your VTZF, but as insanely head heavy as the ZF. Which AT900 are you talking about? Z Slash is special and I don't think any racket or clone can match its agility.

10. antrom2015

antrom2015 New Member

My AT 900 is AT900 power.

There are many lethal, lethal 50, 60, 8,9...ect (haven't heard or read about lethal 60/8/9 but I heard alot of good comments for lethal 50) so please tell me which one is closest to VTZF.

There're some people said series Tantrum is like Arcsaiber z slash of yonex but Im not sure and also heard a lot of good comments for Tantrum 200. What about Apacs EdgeSaber Z Slayer, is it good or bad?

Thanks for reply

11. lindanfan321

I would say Lethal 70 is the closest to the VTZF. Others might have differing opinions. Lethal 70 is supposedly the head heaviest in the Apacs range. Lethal 90 is quite popular too, though I haven't tried it. The Apacs EdgeSaber Z Slayer is in my opinion a very weak attempt in cloning the Yonex ArcSaber Z Slash. It does not exactly have the aerodynamic properties of the Z Slash, it also doesn't have a stable frame. The frame vibrates when the string contacts the shuttle. Hope it helps you.

12. arfandy

arfandy Regular Member

Can somebody enlighten me in APACS LURID POWER 21, 22, or 23 ?? Which is better if compared to APACS NANO DRAGON 700? Lethal & Tantrum series are quite costly for my budget in the meantime, thus i'll just have to stick to either Lurid Power series or Nano series. (I wouldn't buy some APACS cloning rackets)

my play style; double, mostly smashes & drops with occasional clear, i've tried Voltric 80 3U but didn't like it since it's too heavy thus i'd prefer something with BP 290mm +/-3, shaft flexibility should be somewhat stiff (not like flexibility of Victor BS11, which ended up in my closet), i'd prefer isometric head-shape but other shapes are just fine, preferable weight 3U.

Please advise me. Thank you.

13. lindanfan321

Nano Dragon 700 is a clone of the Yonex Armortec 700 Limited... Nano Power 900 are clones of the Armortec 900 Power and Technique..

14. nooooooooooo

nooooooooooo Regular Member

I have all 3 lurid power rackets as well as VT80 3U, never heard of nano dragon 700..

For me, I find the Lurid Power 21 and 22 are hard to get power out of (with the factory apacs string at 24lb), and these two feel pretty much the same.

The Lurid Power 23 feels more powerful and faster in defence too (with the same apacs factory string at 24lb), I feel like the hits are more crisp than the 21 and 22. But the power is still nowhere near what I get from the VT80 (with Bg65 strings at 24lb).

These Lurid Power rackets are quite cheap so maybe buy 2 of them to try out?

15. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

After reading the reviews about Tantram 500 international, it seems rather good but having to see one of the brother's racket actually got broken at the middle shaft. Is Tantram 500 that brittle?

16. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

After reading the feedbacks in APAC club, I am interested in getting two racket for myself and my younger brother. I am a slightly better off beginner while my brother is a immediate player (he used to play for his secondary school). I am interested in getting Finapi 101 or 80 while my brother needs a racket that gives him offensive power. It seems like it's either Tantram 500 or slayer 99 for him.

After reading a brother's review, it has shown

17. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

After reading the feedbacks in APAC club, I am interested in getting two racket for myself and my younger brother. I am a slightly better off beginner while my brother is a immediate player (he used to play for his secondary school). I am interested in getting Finapi 101 or 80 while my brother needs a racket that gives him offensive power. It seems like it's either Tantram 500 or slayer 99 for him.<br>
    <br>
    After reading a brother's review, it has shown a broken tantrum 500 racket. Is this racket that brittle?

18. jerby

jerby Regular Member

I have two, I love the T500's, strung both at 32lbs without issues.
    However, the paint-details on the frame scrape off rather easily

19. Warlock86

Warlock86 Regular Member

Thanks jerby for your feedback. Just wondering, is it strange to string the racket at 24-6lbs instead of 32lbs?

20. bobbinbette

bobbinbette Regular Member

Hi Warlock. It is completely normal for one to string at 24-26 lbs. The tension is really suited to a player's taste and their skill level. Generally more advanced players use high tensions whereas beginners use lower tensions. In my book, low would be considered 21-24lbs and high would be considered 28lbs +