Li Ning Racket Reviews

Discussion in 'Badminton Rackets / Equipment' started by Blurry D, May 12, 2009.

1. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

It's not widely available, so not many have one. In Germany, they don't even sell the N50 and N70 anymore...and many don't even know Li Ning^^

2. gundam40

gundam40 Regular Member

I see, it's weird though, we just got an official Li-ning distributor here in Canada, and they ONLY stocked the N90II-S, not the regular. I'm waiting for my order now, we'll see how it goes...

3. x_marx_dspot

x_marx_dspot Regular Member

just got my Flame N36 yesterday and tested the control and power of the racket and it was great. the slight head heavy gives an edge in the Smash while the Air Stream System II is great addition for controls. great for doubles or offense/defense switching. :)

4. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

Diggin up old thread... Li Ning clones by Power flex- a sister brand of apacs. They even copy yonex more closely, their version of voltric 80 even has the tri voltage system words labeled. They have li Ning clones- n50, n90ii... I bought n90 II a fantastic racket. At 55 sgd at factory outlet in singapore. Outside they sell more expensively. Seriously u guys need to try them too, and tell me what u think. The n90 is fantastic for me.

5. lindanfan321

lindanfan321 Regular Member

Power flex? I saw a Powermax N90II somewhere before. Care to share where you got yours from? Which factory?

6. doughnut

doughnut Regular Member

Would be good if they're cheaper. At this price, I'll rather stick to Yonex, more reliable.

7. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Well only if reliable != durable. Li Ning is way more durable, have several strung to 30-36lbs and they survive everything. Yonex - not so much.....Arc ZS TH broke clash- and chip-free with a 27lbs string.
    But I agree that their prices are a bit juicy, especially in Asia (here in Germany, they're cheaper than Yonex with the exception of N90/N90II).

8. ucantseeme

ucantseeme Regular Member

Z-Force II
    j4ckie, I have seen N90 for 149.90 €. Pretty the same as Yonex. Which Li ning would you recommend for me? I like it really stiff and headheavy.

9. CarbonexFan

CarbonexFan Regular Member

I was wondering why you should pay such a high price for these rackets, and recently, I had to restring my N90. Just before that, I've strung a few Yonex rackets, but what I've noticed is that the N90 did not had that cracking sound during stringing (it did not crack!). I can only conclude that the frame must me more solid than the Yonex ones.

10. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

The stiffest LN I've used is the N90II. Compared to the MX80 it's softer, but head heavier and better dampened. Makes for a very attacking racket, though still mobile enough for doubles (not as HH as the N90)

11. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

If u live in sg, I bought my n90ii at the ang mo kio factory outlet. Like the 'apacs sg' page on facebook n they have the location on the map. Went that day n the store is at the 6th floor, U can give them a call to ask for directions. To give u an estimate, the labelled price of an edgesaber 10 is alr 69 dollars frame only. I'm a student and this lady boss gave me n my friend discount-he got his es10 at 75 dollars string stern 10 24lbs and a red grip plus cloth bag. Btw my n90ii clone claims to be able to string 33lbs as labelled on e shaft... But I string mine at 24. I dun like higher tensions cos the string breaks faster. Btw mine is strung with the apacs stern 10 as well... Overall I like the solid feel of my n90ii. Cheers.

12. lindanfan321

Oh that's pretty expensive for a clone. Thanks for the info anyways :)

13. Jernan

Jernan Regular Member

Yea. That's why I chose flex power cos it's basically a cheaper apacs, clones more closely and has li Ning clones too. But buying in Malaysia, considering the exchange rate to sgd, definitely cheaper. Cheers.

14. charleslim

charleslim Regular Member

Dream Job
    Hi guys, can anyone advise me on the difference between N70-II and Carbonex 21 SP? Which is head heavier? Thanks. :-D

15. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    The N70-II is very head heavy - the Carbonex 21 is mid balance, so they are completely dissimilar. The N70-II is slightless stiff.

The N70-II is way more powerful. Much better suited for singles or doubles if you play from the back a lot.

16. charleslim

charleslim Regular Member

Dream Job
    Hi tpcml, thanks for the prompt clarification.

17. lindanfan321

Is it even head heavier than the N90? Or is the N90 head heavier?

18. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    It is about 1cm more headheavy than the N90. This is based on my tests. I have 2 N70-II and loads of N90.

However, the N70-II is much easier to play with and due to its lower static weight, still a bit faster than the N90.

19. lindanfan321

Oh. Thanks! Can you tell me in your opinion, which is more powerful?

20. tpcml

tpcml Regular Member

Senior Manager
    That's a tough one to call as it's very player dependant. Personally, I give the edge to the N70-II, but that might be down to my playing preference for a slightly softer shaft. Someone mind find the opposite true...

But both are heavy hitting, but not top-in-class imo.