Places To Learn In North York?

Discussion in 'Canada East' started by kev124, Aug 30, 2012.

1. kev124

kev124 Regular Member

Hey, if you guys know any places to learn badminton in North York, please reply to this message. Please don't suggest any places that are in Markham (Everyday, Mandarin, Flying Dragon etc.) or take place at schools. I am a beginner and really wants to get in to the sport of badminton.

Thanks so much for your help!

2. Borbor

Borbor Regular Member

It's too bad you dont want school clinics, because the one ran by Kim at GBC on sundays are pretty good.

3. FGmode

FGmode Regular Member

I went there for lessons, it is really good and he's really helpful, I don't know or hear any lessons up in North York, a lot of them either take place in Markham or Mississauga, other than that are usually clubs or school gyms

4. mb111

mb111 Regular Member

Information Technology
    I must say Borbor is right. Though I have never taken any coaching lesson from Kim, I met him once during last year's Mandarin Exhibition Game of Wong Choong Han and Lee Wan Wah. I was also told that Kim once belonged to the Malaysia national team during his younger days.

5. kev124

kev124 Regular Member

Ummm... do you know what GBC stands for? I guess school clinics aren't that bad, so if you know any school clinics that'll be fine as well!

Thanks again!

6. doughnut

doughnut Regular Member

Stands for George Brown College I think. How much is the clinic?

7. kev124

kev124 Regular Member

I think that GBC is a little bit too far because it's all the way downtown... Do you have any other suggestions? Thanks for replying!

8. ilan87

ilan87 Regular Member

Badminton Instructor
    There is a great place at yonge and centre. 10min north of Yonge and Steeles. Its called TBC the lessons are cheaper then any other place I have ever seen so far. Call/text Allen(coach) 416 300 0846 or email igelula@hotmail.com he will be able to give you all the information. (I believe private lessons are only $25 an hour)