Choosing new racket

Discussion in 'Racket Recommendation / Comparison' started by nns91, May 1, 2012.

1. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Hey guys, I am now finalizing my choice to get my new racket. I am now debating between ArcSaber 10 and VT80. I am playing MP30 now (it's been a long time since I got this racket). I want my new racket to be more head heavy but still has the control and quickness when it comes to defense and net plays. Would ArcSaber 10 or VT80 be a better choice ?

2. Harry Tang

Harry Tang Regular Member

I have both of the racket ,i love Arcsaber 10

3. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    yeah ? Can you provide me with some more insight like pros and cons ? what do you like and what you dont like ? I really appreciate it.

4. decoy

decoy Regular Member

I used an arcsaber 10 for over a year and just recently got a voltric 80 (3u) and I would say the voltric 80 is better all around for me. And is very comparable to my zforce (4u). Not sure which voltric I like the most since I only have 2 hours on the vt 80 but I'd say of the 3 the arcsaber is my least favorite. (though calling an arcsaber 10 the worst of anything is pretty hard to do).

5. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    i find the arcsaber z slash a really flexible racket, where as the voltric z force a really stiff racket. the arc is a even balance racket, and the voltric is a light head heavy racket. swing speed needs to be adjusted when switching from one racket to another, maybe that's just me.

6. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    I have searched around and basically ArcSaber 10 is just less powerful than VT 80 but is more maneuverable. Any opinion on the accuracy ? Personally, I play a game with mix between smashes and drop shots and net play. I want a racquet with power but is also maneuverable when it comes to defense against powerful shots.

7. decoy

decoy Regular Member

The control and stability I find the voltric 80 to be better then arcsaber10. The voltric 80 is slower I guess but it doesn't really bother me on defense at all.

8. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    I guess it will take some time to get used to the head heavy since I am now playing a head balance racket. I have been leaning toward VT80 for a while. It's jus that ArcSaber 10 has just poped up lately, which I just wanted to know a bit more about since I want something with very good control, accuracy, and maneuverable without sacrificing too much power.

9. decoy

decoy Regular Member

The zforce 4u might be what you want, it's what I use/d after arcsaber 10. Control isn't as nice because of the smaller sweet spot but the power is abundant and the maneuverability is easily equal to the arc 10.

10. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    I was gonna go Zforce earlier but after doing some research, I don't think it will fit my game. I think I will go probably VT80 if the control is on the same level of arcsaber 10.

11. decoy

decoy Regular Member

If your arm can handle that would probably be the best choice. Good luck!

12. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Will it be that big of a difference on my arm ?

13. decoy

decoy Regular Member

You said you can only find 4U so it shouldn't be a problem. 3U might be a significant difference.

14. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Actually, now I can find the 3U version, which I prefer to use if I get the VT80. THen, do you think the 3U ArcSaber10 still has a decent amount of power ?

15. Cycril

Cycril Regular Member

For me, arc10 (3u) is a even balance and slightly head heavy racket maybe, the smashes improves when your skills improves, smashes doesn't really depend on what racket you're using(maybe a little), go try those racket on your own and pick what racket you like, different people different feeling, that's all i can say

16. nns91

nns91 Regular Member

Student
    Unfortunately, I don't really have a chance to try out rackets. I have tried my friend's ArcSaber 8DX. I definitely like it better than my MP30 with a bit more weight at the top and stiffer shaft.

17. decoy

decoy Regular Member

You might wanna just use an 8dx instead of arc 10 (just to make your decision harder). Realistically you should be able to handle any racket you pick and at the top end of the spectrum there really is no wrong choice just some maybe 1-2% better choices.

18. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    a game of smashes, drops, and net, lol, that's almost all the shots, just kidding :) i personally find the arc 10 sluggish to move around for doubles and is not as good as the VT80. and since the shaft on the arc10 is more flexible than the vt80, it might not allow you to recover as quickly after a swing.

19. kiradeathnote

kiradeathnote Regular Member

student
    vt 60 is also fun to play with. It's somewhere between the arc 10 and vt 80. Very light racket with reasonable power. Slightly head heavy and flex.

But to be serious all the racket you mention is better then mp30 i think. Whetever you choose it will be an upgrade.

20. speedyJT

speedyJT Regular Member

Software Engineer
    Hello,
    I hope this is not too late.
    I was playing 1 year with an ArcSaber 10(3U/G3) and now since a half year, I am playing with the Voltric 80 (3U/G3).
    For myself, I have to say that I had to train my wrist muscle at first after the change to the Voltric 80 to handle it. But already after 2 weeks of playing with the VT80, I feel that my smashes coming harder. No lost of control at the net or something like that anyway. For me, the VT80 is the best racket ever.
    Try the VT80 - don't be disappointed after the first two sessions - keep playing for at least 2 weeks - and be impressed :)

Hope this helps you.