Post videos of yourself playing

Discussion in 'General Forum' started by GTAveteran, Apr 8, 2009.

1. amleto

amleto Regular Member

in your second game you can see a lot of your serves/clears/lifts are quite short.

2. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Oh dear. Hadn't noticed that, and you're right indeed. I guess it's the 33lbs BG65 as I'm not usually playing with those rackets...felt awesome, but apparently I'd need a little more time to adjust. Although as much as I like the setup, I'll have to stay within warranty on my Braveswords (28x30) as they can be a little fragile at those tensions and I really can't afford a racket every month (which is my current rate of breaking them -.-).
    Or I play rather short clears in other matches as well, which would explain a few exceedingly bad matches in training against other players :D

[video=youtube;KMXfI9-L8eE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMXfI9-L8eE[/video]
    [video=youtube;7NDk53Y7EsM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NDk53Y7EsM[/video]

The last one is a MD match in Thursday's training. If you're wondering what I do in the middle of the first game (around 2:45) - I broke my BS12's handle on that last smash. Looking at my smashes, I wonder how that happened :eek:

#1462 j4ckie, Jul 22, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2012
  3. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
  4. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    ^^
    Hi ,

I see your game have stepped up another level , excellent abilities all round the court.

Tips;-only because I think it will give you a more advantage to your game : to get the best out of drops from the back , increase the racket head speed (RHS), but open up the racket face even more, just before stiking the shuttle , slow down the RHS , and in one quick motion (wrist) ; brush across the back of shuttle ....(this will be more deceiving and add the extra reverse slice to bring down that shuttle.)........also once you open up that racket face you can change the shuttle direction at the last split second (late) and add the extra deception to your shot......If you watch Cai Yun and Jung , they are the expert , it requires alot more skills and practice.........

But since you are at a more advance level ; if you ever wanted to increase/improve the range of shots in your locker ,you should be adding more deception ito your game

That guy in yellow got a fault serve (most of time)......
    Ok- he is not the tallest guy :) , but cant get away with serving shuttles slightly above waist height........and we all know what some service judges are like nowadays......need to take more care

P.s I think you and him would make a great MD team

#1464 Staiger1, Aug 6, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2012
  5. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    Hey Staiger, how have you been? Thanks for the notes again.. its been a while now, and still you have the time to give me a little comment (Thanks)
    Badminton in HK has allowed me to play a bit more, however, despite the fact of just coming out of a hip injury (nothing serious) for 4 months, i have started to play more regularly, which in return has alowed me to get more practice. the videos are just social, but again, it was nice practice to mess around with shots etc.
    Thanks for the pointer about the variation, on racket head speed. ill try and use it the next vid i post sometime. its a shot i can use, but dont use that often enough.. maybe due to social games etc...
    but thanks regardless.

Yippo (yellow shirt) is also a very good player.. maybe he lll read this and look into that serve as its been bothering him for a while lol.
    We havent played any tournaments as of yet, but like you said, we have been pitched to play together many times and we do blend quite well on court.

6. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

MD in training. The 3 others are in our 1st team while I'll play in the 2nd next season. And I'm the one with the black-green shirt. :)

[video=youtube;q46Un3sQinE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46Un3sQinE[/video]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q46Un3sQinE

7. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    The number one thing I was thinking the whole time. KEEP YOUR RACKET UP! :p

When you are receiving a serve it could be a bit higher, but especially when you are at the front of the court the racket almost touches the floor. ;)
    I also think you might be crouching down a tad too much when at the front. I know you are tall but you shouldn't have to crouch down that much.

8. |_Footwork_|

|_Footwork_| Regular Member

didn't watch the whole thing, but it looks good at first sight. like it far more than your singles games...;-)

i haven't seen any BIG mistakes. your game plan seems quite solid (lot of blocks, drops, smashes, not many clears, that's nice!) and everything is on a good level, no fundamental things to complain about.

just keep on working on all aspects of the game. you can always play sharper, make less errors, be more explosive...;-)

9. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

Haha, thanks. First line = my thoughts exactly. But sadly, at my level you can't be picky about which discipline you play in and which not :D
    And don't worry. I'll definitely continue working on myself ;)

10. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    yeah technique , footwork/movement- good....there is not much difference between the four of you . But you seem to have the most correct technique between the 4, but lack the focus hence 1 or 2 more errors ......(you need to stay calm and not get frustrated.........)

need to be more deceptive on your shots if you want to be better in singles (i.e holding the shot for longer), play around with the different spins (i.e. reverse slice) , changing the face of the racket

footwork is slightly different as well in that discipline but you will be ok.

Out of the 4 players , you have the best build (athletic build) for badminton and thats always positive

11. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
  12. |_Footwork_|

it's hard to find someone with less motivation than you 4 guys...:eek::eek::eek:

13. Staiger1

Staiger1 Regular Member

Fashion designer
    But babyface and yippo were class above their opposition and it was more about when they will win the match rather than if . So it is understandable that they will not be as motivated.

Very good pairing , seems to match each other well, and have good understanding and cover well for one another. Yippo looks a very decent players and have a very strong smash , and babyface is strong all round and have nice touch around the net, decisive kills ..., who is someone you can trust at the front that will put anything loose away.

14. Nauroa

Nauroa Regular Member

IT Geek
    The guy in the black needs to learn how to serve backhand correctly. A lot of the serves was downright bad. Don't let the shuttle drop down to the bottom of the racket before hitting it. It creates way too much randomness in the serve.

15. |_Footwork_|

for me it's hard to tell how good they really are. just because the opponents are so much worse, that this is no real match were they are really challenged. would be nice to see them against equally good (or even better) opponents...!

16. Babyface

Babyface Regular Member

Student
    the video was just a friendly match. Again, thank you staiger and others for watching. its not a video to show how good we play etc.. its just a video that shows me and Yippo playing together.

17. Cheung

Cheung Moderator

wannabe badminton phototaker
    So that's where you've been hanging out. LOL

Do you find a lot of drift in that hall?

18. yippo888

yippo888 Regular Member

Therapy Radiographer
    i just cant serve! i cant do it i cant! lol.... have to control my left arm somehow......

19. j4ckie

j4ckie Regular Member

[video=youtube;sV6536Y2gEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV6536Y2gEY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

MS game during this year's Bristol/Hannover exchange in Hannover.

20. |_Footwork_|

it seems you're a bit slow in this game and lack explosiveness. have you done a lot of training before the match? that would be an explanation...

i think you play a bit too much crosscourt. try to play a bit more longline, both when you attack (because your opponent will have less time) and also when you have to defend after a good drop (if you try to free yourself crosscourt, you're often too short, when you play longline, your clear is longer and you're in a better position for the next stroke...).
    a crosscourt shot always has to be more precise than a longline shot, cause if it's a bit too short/flat, it will give your opponent an easy attack...