OG12 MEN's Singles Finals

Discussion in 'Olympics LONDON 2012' started by sonnymak, Aug 7, 2012.

1. gundamzaku

gundamzaku Regular Member

working professional
    it seemed like both players were playing a bit conservatively and with much more caution. it wasn't half way until i realized that LCW recovered from an injury because it seemed like he's moving faster than before.

2. yayachico

yayachico Regular Member

LCW was jumping all around the court during the match against CL and LD, others I did not watch, so I dont know... He was jumping to the back of the court all the time, either to smash, drop or lob... It really didnt look like he was injured at all.. Anyway, great play by LCW, manage to recover from injury so fast and play with his best form ever! Thanks LD and LCW for providing us with a superb badminton match. LD promise us an interesting match, he delivered! Bravo!!

3. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Interesting come back on your side.

Pretty amazing how much hate towards LD and the subsequent shallowly researched but exaggerated appraisal of LCW's achievements is being shown.

4. captaincook

captaincook Regular Member

captain
    To break down the game, we need to break down the shot options that each player has.
    Example, overhead shots vs defensive overhead shots. Defensive overhead, LD has an interest drop option. The "carry/push" banana drop that seems to "drag" the birdie down (not sure he used it that game).
    For LCW, the forehand reverse slice drop (with big jump) is an effective option. Someone needs to categorize these breakdown and fit in the shot options that each player has.
    Who knows, u may have just created a template to analyze a player's shot reservior, and the matrices also reveal areas to work on (to add to).
    After that, it is what u BCers mentioned - shot selections (and strategy).

5. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Lin Dan vs Sony : 10 - 2 ; major event : 3 - 0 (2004 TC, 2007 & 2009 WC). In front of 7,000 spectators cheering against him in Istora Senayan, L D still can beat Sony. LCW vs Sony : 7 - 5 ; major event : 1 - 2 (2008 OG ; 2007 & 2009 WC), despite 2007 World Championships held in Kuala Lumpur, in LCW's home ground :D. Sony never beat L D in major event :D. L D not trained hard for 2012 Thailand open, surely different for 2012 Olympics :p

#105 Fortune, Aug 22, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2012
  6. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    no one is denying lin dan is better than lcw.
    my point was they are pretty even on nature ground.
    i cant see how lcw can get 50% on china and region,remember china open 2007?

then why wang yi han sent to olympic and eventually won silver?
    wang shi xian who? never heard of her in olympic.

7. victor_rs

victor_rs Regular Member

so...still cant find reason why lcw lost and ld win???huhu....i think all about Strategy ...last 3 point tactical and Strategy to close the game...that is difference and the result is winner...

for 50-50 lcw shot,lin dan will take....but lcw still hope ld mistake...
    lin dan will shot high risk attacking....lcw play safe and wait,smash only confident win the point...3 last point very important to player...

all player need plan special tactical and startegy for close the game...lin dan and pair cai yun fu hai feng have this receipe...

8. HiddenPower

HiddenPower Regular Member

LCW is in great form this time. When I was watching the 1st set, I couldn't believe how bad LD's form was and thought LD might lose the game. But the tide was turned when it's 19 all on the 3rd set.

I heard from somewhere that Malaysia's PM called LCW the night before. Man, talking about the pressure on lCW's shoulder!

9. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    LCW should has 16 - 14 H2H against L D, not only pretty even
    So according to you, LCW never get advantage from.controversial call when he compete in Malaysia open ? Anyway, China 07 involved LCW vs BCL, no relation with L D. Can you proof that LCW lost to L D in China and the region bcoz of controversial call ? Which one of it ? 2008 OG ? 2008 China Open ? 2009 Sudirman Cup ? or which tournament ?
    What is the relation ? It's all about "the graded players" in 2011 China Badminton League.

10. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    1,u mean lcw is as good as lindan?
    2,against who in china open 2007 isn't important,even if he face li gen in the final,the result still the same.
    3,2011 already 8 months ago,are u living on the present?

11. julianng

julianng Regular Member

According to BC stats, Thomas cup 2008 had more BC viewers than during this final !!

I wonder what is so special about thomas cup 2008.

12. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

according to the official figures , 1.4 billion or 20% of the world popuration watched this final.

13. julianng

julianng Regular Member

I mean number BCers(badmintoncentral) online during thomas cup 2008 was more, not number of television/broadcast/streaming viewers.

If 1.4 billion people sign in to BC at once, the server would crash.

14. AlanY

AlanY Regular Member

i know. it's probably the London Olympic was more widely available than the thOman cup 4 years ago

15. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    Ofcourse not. If LCW is as good as L D, then H2H L D vs LCW should be 14 - 16, and not 21 - 9.
    Encounter in "HMT" should count as encounter in neutral ground. L D vs LCW H2H per area should be : Malaysia : 2 - 2 ; Neutral ground : 13 - 7 ; China : 6 - 0 :p.

If the result still the same, then why I have to remember China Open 07 just like your post ?
    What are you talking about ? We are discussing if AE = prestigious or not, according to China as the country that suffers the most from the quota regulation in OG / WC. And for China, AE only as mickey mouse title :p
    http://www.badzine.net/news/2011-china-badminton-league-team-rosters/11018/. Just info : both WYH and WSX never played in OG, when CBA released the list of graded players. AE = mickey mouse title :p

#115 Fortune, Aug 25, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  16. Tekkai

Tekkai Regular Member

well dont know how you guys come up with theory to make their H2h record quite close but I guess you guys are lcw's fans trying to make him look good..well on bwf website their h2h record is 21-9 in favor on lindan! wow could be a score for a game!:)

17. limsy

limsy Regular Member

kuli
    yeah,some said lcw should have 16-14 against lindan
    what a joke

18. Blitzzards

Blitzzards Regular Member

Looks to me that you did not read the post properly:

But I do agree with you that the joke would be to suggest that LCW is as good as LD, which is clearly not the case, as you have agreed with too.

19. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    As I said before, IF LCW is as good as L D, then their H2H should be 15 - 15 (50% - 50% in China, Malaysia, and neutral ground includes HMT). And with the advantage that gives by BWF to LCW during 2011 WC, LCW should win that match, to make it 16 - 14. But, since L D is far better than LCW, no wonder their H2H = 21 - 9. L D can win over LCW in any places...in China, in neutral ground, and also in Malaysia...even with straight sets, when LCW only can score < 10 pts in G2. Clear ?

#119 Fortune, Aug 27, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2012
  20. Fortune

Fortune Regular Member

student
    What a joke LOL